Chapter 3

Butterfly

She had never thought that one day things will be different. When she first told her parents about what she wants to be, what she wants to do, about her dreams, their reaction broke her down. The people she needed the most, the people she expected to support her all the way, the people who said that they've got her back, made fun of her. When Yong Sun told her parents about wanting to be a singer, they turned her down right away.

 

 

"Music does not make a living."
"There are so many people out there doing it."
"You'll probably never make it through training."
"Even if you do, you'll get buried behind hundreds and hundreds of idols out there." 
"It's not like we don't support your dreams.."

 

 

They said that again and again. She almost gave up. Even though they said that they "support her dreams", they did not mean it. She was on the verge of giving up, but that one person was there to push her forward: a teacher for whom she'll never be grateful enough. They were there to remind her of her dreams when no one was.

 

 

Here she is now, on the right path. Her parents have been against it. She had no friends. Her teacher was no longer her teacher. She found herself facing a future with no one by her side, and even though she tried to ignore it, she was afraid. 

 

She met Wheein and Hyejin on her first day as a trainee. After briefly introducing themselves to each other, they danced their hearts out till lunch time. The two younger girls said they "have been friends since eternity" and Yong Sun felt the misuse of eternity in the sentence but the girl with a dimple looked too cute to get corrected. 

 

The three of them became friends that same day, during lunch break. Moon Byul Yi joined them a few days later. 

 

For any of the other girls, it probably didn't mean anything more than normal trainees' relationship, but for Yong Sun, the way Wheein cheered for her and helped her through the choreography, the way Hyejin asked for her advice and was there to listen to hers too, and the way Moonbyul smiles and says "We're in this together," were what she needed the most. They are the reason she keeps going on towards the end of the tunnel.

 

She felt her heavy burden taken off one by one as the girls stayed by her side each passing day. Their friendship grew stronger really fast. 

 

The most motivating thing in her world was how Wheein literally chirps "Solar! Solar!" whenever the latter dances or does anything, basically. 

 

Solar is the stage name they decided on for Yong Sun; Hyejin's was Hwasa; Byul Yi's was Moonbyul and Wheein kept her real name. If anything, even before debut, Wheein was Solar's number one fan. "I! Love! Solarssi!!" She cheers when Yong Sun finishes singing or dancing. The older girl prays that no one catches her off guard, blushing hard at Wheein's words.

 

They were her strength.

 

*                                 *                                     *                                      *                                        *

Wheein is finally moving in with them. Hyejin was telling Wheein how happy Byul and Yong Sun were when having breakfast because "starting from tomorrow Wheeinie will be having breakfast with us!" She imitated them and smiled. 

 

 

When Moonbyul was showing to Yong Sun what she wrote last night, Wheein left the practice room and Hyejin followed seconds after. The girl with black short hair looked around to make sure that no one is in the place before fixing her gaze on the tiny human squatting in the corner of the restroom. 

 

"This is huge trouble. It's huge. I don't know how it happened.. what.. why did I agree? You were there and I don't know.. I don't know..this is a mess.. Hyejinie.." Wheein rather cried her last word before tears started rolling down her pale cheeks. Her best friend kneeled down so they would be in the same level and pulled her for a hug. 

 

She was sitting on the floor, arms wrapping a sobbing Wheein that clutched so hard into her shirt. The crying girl was so tiny that Hyejin was enveloping her in her embrace. 

"You are my everything..Hyejinie.." She sobbed as she tilted her head to look up at the girl holding her just to find her shutting her eyes tight, clutching her teeth, as tears silently washed her face.
 

The older girl reached to Hyejin's face and wiped away her tears. The latter opened her eyes, and although the tears and the pain, she gave her best friend the sincerest smile. 

 

*                                       *                                        *                                           *                                           *

 

It was decided that Wheein and Hyejin will share a room as Moonbyul will move to Yong Sun's room. "The Jeonju couple are teaming against us already, kicking me outta mah room!" Commented Byul playfully as she settled her new "bed". 

 

"Unnie! I can sleep in the living room, really, if you want to stay with Hyejin-ah it's okay." The new roommate said in her defense, leaning against the older girls' open door, as a smiling Moonbyul approached her. The latter cupped Wheein's face and said, warm breath crashing against the tiny girl's forehead, "it's not about Hyejinie, it's about being with you." Her smile grew wider feeling the heat of the younger girl's cheeks rise.

 

 

 

Moonbyul was already gone, but Wheein froze in her place, her cheeks burning hot, and Yong Sun's gaze fixed on her was no help. It lasted for ages before Hyejin snapped her fingers right in front of the stunned girl's face.

 

"Your bed ain't gonna make itself and neither would I make it for you, so you better get your lazy nonexistent going to make it." She deadpanned and left. 

 

Getting back to her senses, she caught sight of the girl sitting on her bed, right across from where Moonbyul had sat her own. She smiled, fleeing out of the room to hers. 

 

Yong Sun slumped her head on the pillow and sighed, "Byul is dead." She said under her breath with no specific reason. 

"OLD LADY COME HAVE DINNER!" Byul Yi's voice echoed through the place.
The second Yong Sun got to the kitchen, she smacked Byul on the head "from leader to old lady YOU WANNA DIE?" 

 

Wheein was giggling at the scene. "You will get used to it." Hyejin's voice, right behind her, was steady and calm, and Wheein could swear she heard her best friend smile. 

 

It was a peaceful moment of serenity as the four of them sat around the table to have dinner, but the oldest of them couldn't help but notice the way Wheein kept checking her hand watch, concern slightly growing on her face. She didn't dare to ask, though. Hyejin noticed both of the girls, her hand finding its way to Wheein who was sitting right next to her, squeezing her thigh slightly. 

 

Wheein turned her head to meet a reassuring smile from her best friend. 

 

Knocked out from all the practice, the girls turned off the lights and headed to their beds hoping for a quiet night. When she made sure that everyone were in their own dreamlands, Wheein leaned to plant a kiss on Hyejin's forehead, picked her backpack and tiptoed her way out of the house. Once outside, she took off running. Midnight was right in the corner and she had no time to waste. 

 

 

Yong Sun, unable to sleep, she rested her arms on the window's frame and leaned her head on them, watching the empty street - except of one strangely familiar figure that ran through the darkness of the night, reaching to the only enlightened spot, by a lonely street lamp. 

 

"Wheein?" She exclaimed as the tiny girl looked left and right before going back to her running.
"Wheein?" She asked herself again, pulling away from the window, shutting it close, and walking towards the door to visit the girls in the room next to theirs. 

 

Hyejin's voice breaking through the wall, saying "Wheein, quit playing that game on your phone and sleep already!" stopped the girl in the middle of the room, a sigh of relief leaving her lips, she turned around and got in bed. 

 

 

Seconds later, Hyejin's phone buzzed. She reached to it, and with half closed eyes, she read I don't know what I would've done without you.

 

 


A/N: I hope you love this. 
Don't forget to comment xoxo