Chapter 5

Butterfly

Byul opened her eyes slowly. She looked at Solar's side to be welcomed by a tidy, empty bed. Surprise left her speechless; the older girl is always the last to wake up. Few minutes later, Yong Sun got in her room, her hair wet.

"Good morning Byul Yi!" She forced a smiled.

"Morning Unnie. Why are you up so early? Is it the end of the world?" Byul teased, and Yong Sun rolled her eyes before hitting the younger girl with her pillow.

"Shut up and get in the shower. I'll wake Hyejinie up."

 

 

"BYUL UNNIE!"

Moonbyul barged into the younger girls' room.

"YES HYEJINIE WHO SHOULD I FIGHT?" She tried to high kick the air but ended up slipping, flailing her arms to maintain her balance.
"Unnie! Is this Kim Yong Sun's ghost or is it the end of the world?" She laughed, pointing at the oldest of them who was crossing her arms, pouting.

"Geez kids!"
"What is woong?" A soft, weak voie asked and Yong Sun froze in place. She didn't dare to look at the still sleepy girl lying in the bed behind her.
"Yong Sun unnie is up early, Wheeinah! The world is ending and we still haven't tried all the food in the world!"
"Get Up Ahn HyeJIIIIN we have food to EAT before we DIE!"

Wheein left bed, and moved towards the leader. She wrapped her arms around the older's waist and rested her head on her shoulder. Yong Sun stayed motionless. 

She had spent the night rolling in bed, thinking whether to confront Wheein or to talk to the latter's best friend first. She eventually decided against troubling the youngest member.

 

"So unnie, what's waking you up this early?" Wheein's voice was right next to her ear, her breath warm but weak.

"Come with me." She held Wheein's hand and dragged her out. Before leaving, she turned to the two confused girls and said "don't any of you dare follow us and DON'T say.."

"That you two gonna have a morning session?" Hyejin smirked. 
Solar groaned and stomped her feet, making her way outside the room, still dragging Wheein.

 

The oldest took Wheein to the storage room. She locked the door, and played music on her phone, then placed it right behind the door, in case the kids were too curious.

When she turned around to face Wheein, she found the latter staring at her, activating her puppy eyes. 

"Unnie, I'm sorry." It seems she activated her full aegyo, Yong Sun thought, good I've already built up my defense shell.

 

"Why do you look pale?" Yong Sun asked, looking intently at Wheein. She knew the answer, but still wanted to give the younger girl a chance.
"I, uhm, didn't..sleep..uh-well!" Wheein stuttered. 
"Unnie, if stares kill, I'd be long dead." She tried to soften Yong Sun's glare but in vain.

"I was in the kitchen, last night, when you left the apartment." She finally blurted and Wheein looked down, biting her bottom lip.

"You know you can trust me, lean on me, and have my support." The older girl said, her voice soft and caring. She placed her hands on Wheein's shoulders. "Tell me."

"Well, you see, my uncle, you know, he's been sick lately, and, as you know, he took care of me, so, I thought I should pay him back, and be by his side, at night." Wheein finally said, voice small.

"Oh my god! Is he okay? We should visit him!" Yong Sun deadpanned.

"What?!!" Wheein looked up. "No no no! Unnie! Thank you, but he feels uncomfortable even around me. He doesn't want anyone outside his family, to know about his sickness. I'm sorry.."

Yong Sun sighed. I should go along with her in this game. I will wait till she trusts me enough to tell me the truth.

She knew the younger girl was lying. 

"Let's talk about this later. Let's go before Hyejin and Byul call Dispatch." She said before heading out first from the room.

 

Wheein fell to the floor, her legs too weak from stressing out too much. I need to think of a better lie. She covered her face with her hands, closed her eyes, and dozed off for a few more minutes.

 

 

 

 


A/N: Hellooo! I MISS YOU WAS A KILLER OMG AND WE ARE GETTING A FULL LENGTH ALBUM WE ARE NOT GOING TO SURVIVE!

anyways i'm so sorry for the super late and short update :( ..let's say life has been a total to me.. i'll try to update sooner and make it longer next time. thank you