Chapter 2

Butterfly

Moonbyul's suggestion got lost in between trying to figure out the reason behind Hyejin's pain and taking care of her. That night, though, the thought lingered in Yong Sun's mind long enough that she even dreamed about Wheein being her roommate. 

 

"Yong Sun unnie!" The girl shook her rather violently to wake the heavy sleeper up.

"Yes, Wheeinie?" Yong Sun answered, yawning, without opening her eyes.

The girl's feet were unable to hold her up as she fell on the floor, laughing so hard. She face palmed herself, got herself together, and said "The faster you wake up the quicker you'll see Wheein. SO GET UP!" Moonbyul started laughing again as she left the room.

 

Hyejin, getting out of the bathroom, asked about the reason behind Byul's laughter that early in the morning.

"Our unnie can't stop thinking, nor dreaming about Wheein."

"Unnie! We're not even sure if Yong Sun unnie likes girls, like, I know Wheein is panual and all but we don't know about unnie."
Moonbyul slumped her body against the wall and let herself slide down in the most possible dramatic way. "Go wake her up again and later we'll find out." 

 

Throughout the months.. the girls grew so close to each other, but since the Jeonju duo's friendship level was unreachable, Yong Sun and Moonbyul found themselves thrown into a friendship that soon turned strong and beautiful. Still, Wheein and Yong Sun were on another level of relationships: complicated even though none of them recognized it.

The Jeonju puppy found herself sticking to Yong Sun even when they are apart; the latter's thoughts and heart were filled with Wheein. She was her joy, her passion.

 

Like every day of training, the girls had a break at two in the afternoon. They were working hard especially that their contract meeting day was getting closer every second. The excitement filling the air was indescribable. Byul, resting her body against her best friend, held a half-empty water bottle up and stared at it.
 

"This kid has gone nuts." Pointed Wheein.
​"Let's play truth or dare! We have like 15 minutes or more left so let's have some fun." Said Byul.
"I haven't played this since high school." Hyejin commented. "I really wanna play, let's do it!" She cheered, catching the faint idea behind Byul's suggestion. 

"Not always dense ideas, unnie.." She mouthed and the other girl winked. 
 

First round, the bottle pointed to Moonbyul and Hyejin. Choosing a dare, Hyejin made Moonbyul dance with a "Right out of the washer"  on her head. Clapping her hands and laughing her heart out, she shouted "Inspiring, unnie!!"

 

Second round was Yong Sun and Byul.
"Leader! Truth or dare?"
"Told you not to call me that! Oh my god, we haven't even debuted yet but whatever, truth"

She smirked, ran the tip of her tongue over her lips, sighed, and looked into the leader's eyes. "What the hell are you doing? You're making me nervous right now, just ask!"

"You know, you never told us about your uality, unnie, it's time for the girls and I to know." 

Yong Sun blushed, avoiding a pair of eyes that were fixed on her, "I like girls.."

It was unconscious move but HwaByul high fived each other, cheering as if they just won the world cup or a Grammy.

 

The oldest of them was confused so she turned to the only sane human in the group, seeking answers, but Wheein was looking down at her lap, fingers fumbling with the tip of her shirt, blushing. That scene made the oldest of them forget about the world. Her increasing heartbeat pace cornered her in a universe where it's only her and a blushing Wheein, where the sky and the sea are one, where spring and autumn melted into the most beautiful scenery one could witness, but never as breathtaking as Jung Wheein. 
 

Wheein! She sings so well..and she's so pretty. Her dances are cute.. 

It seems that these unconscious moments keep happening, as the older girl took Wheein's hands in hers, and let the silence that surrounded only the both of them, breathe them in. 

 

I'm afraid that if I Iet go of your hand
You'll fly away, you'll shatter..
That I'll lose you

 

"Back to these comedy drama scenes?" Hyejin's voice snapped them out of their world. Wheein slapped her arm and stood up immediately, starting the music to continue exercising. 
 

At the end of the day, when they were about to part ways with Wheein, Yong Sun decided it's the right time to ask again. "Wheeinie?" The younger girl stopped walking and turned to her unnie. She was wearing blue jeans, a black coat wrapping her petite body, and a cyan, heavy scarf covered her neck to protect her vocal chords. Hair in a messy bun from all the training and face with no trace of make up: natural beauty. 

 

The girls, who realized that their leader stopped, stopped walking too, curious, they turned to the two girls who were facing each other. 
"Please.. move in with us.." Asked Yong Sun, rather nervously. 
"Unnie.."
"Wheein..please.." She begged, pulling the younger girl for a hug, "please..," and Wheein couldn't say no.

 

Hyejin was powerless at that moment as it took her by surprise, her best friend found herself succumbing to her crush's demand. "Ok" She said, voice cracking. 
When she realized what she has just said, her eyes shut wide open and she looked at her best friend for help, but it was decided, game over. 

 

Pulling away from the hug, smiling like a kid unwrapping his Christmas gift, the older girl whispered "We'll help you move out tomorrow, okay?" 
Panic taking over her, Wheein shook her head and answered "No it's okay I don't have that much of belongings I'll just bring them with me don't worry." 
Before anyone could reply, she ran into the night, holding her hand to her chest, wishing her heart would beat normally. This shouldn't happen.

 

 

 

 


A/N: This chapter is totally a filler because I need something like this to get things going and please don't hate me that i'm taking too long to update..i lately and everything is just a mess.. but 2NE1...2NE1 performed as a whole in MAMA.. Bom was there.. oh my god.. 
I wish Mamamoo were invited tho.. .. they deserved to at least perform.. 
Thank you everyone for subscribing.. please don't hold back any comment about the story..

song reference: BTS - Butterfly