Chapter 6

Butterfly

Wheein was walking from the practice room to the restroom. Her hair up in a messy bun, the sweaty roots of it having a darker shade of brown. That day was exceptionally tiring for the young girl had gone two days without sleep. Her face was pale, like all the time, lately, and she struggled to keep her eyelids from closing and her steps steady. She felt the presence of another human in the hallway, and an arm wrap her shoulders.

"Unnie!" She smiled, but the dark shade circling her eyes stole the older girl's attention.

"I thought you had left already, to meet your friends for dinner." Wheein added and Yong Sun smiled.

"You are the friends I am meeting for dinner. I got your backpack in the car already so let's go." She said, handing Wheein her coat.

"Don't worry about Hyejin and Byul, I got them pizza and and they know you will be with me."

The younger girl's need to use the restroom was long forgotten till Yong Sun drove off the parking lot.

 

 

"Uhm, unnie.." Wheein muttered.
"Uhm?" Yong Sun was paying extra attention to the road.
"Where are we going?"
"My parents' house." Her answers were short.
"Unnie..how far is it?" 
"Uhm..thirty more minutes." The leader turned to take a look at Wheein, her messy brown hair slightly falling over her face, blocking her vision. Still, she noticed the younger girl shift uncomfortably in her seat.
"Looks like the puppy needs to let it go." She reached to Wheein's head and ruffled her hair.
"Leader-nim, hurry up please.." She pleaded, biting her bottom lip. Twenty-seven more minutes and we will be there..

 

Despite knowing the exact time of when they will make it to Yong Sun's house, the blond asked "Are we there yet?" every two minutes.

 

The second Solar opened the front door, Wheein rushed in towards the bathroom. 
"You still remember where the bathroom is even though you only came over once, for Christmas, frontal lobe indeed." Solar giggled.
"I might've only came twice but I went to the bathroom at least five times that night." Wheein was finally able to joke around again.
"Oh! Where's everyone?" She asked, playing the half wet tissue between her fingers.

 

 

"Didn't I mention? They are visiting my grandparents, in Busan?"
"That means.."
"Tonight, it's only you and I."
"Tonight?"
"It's past ten already. You don't expect me to start cooking now and drive to our dorm later, do you?" Yong sun said, reaching for an orange apron. 

 

Do not panic, Jung Wheein. Do not panic. The blond looked at her watch and exhaled in relief. It's the 17th's night. I'm safe.

 

"I didn't know you will cook for me." Wheein said before noticing the words printed in brown on Yong Sun's apron: Kiss The Cook.

 

A pair of soft lips pressed against Solar's right cheek, taking her by surprise. Wheein watched as a tint of pink painted the spot that her lips have just touched. She grinned. "It says kisseu da cook." She smiled, her eyes fading into a smile so cute, so unique.

 

 

Yong Sun continued cooking without saying a word, while Wheein sat on the counter and started singing "Kiss Kiss Fall In Love". Her sweet voice, chirping like a happy bird, filled the older's heart with warmth. This kid is such a weebo. She mentally facepalmed herself as her hands were busy with chopping the fresh vegetables. 

 

 

Bored from all the one-sided interactions, Wheein jumped off her spot and closed the distance between her and the leader. Cautiously, she wrapped her around around the older's waist, burying her face in the crook of the other's neck.

 

 

"I'm hungry..is it ready yet?" She pouted, causing her lips to brush against Solar's neck. The latter's skin reacted extremely to the younger's touch and she bit her bottom lip, holding back a gasp that threatened to expose her sensitivity to Wheein's touch. 

 

 

What's wrong with you, dummy, get your together! She scolded herself, her movements getting slower as her guest didn't seem to unlock her delusional mind, nor her trapped heart. 

 

 

"!" She cursed again, but now loudly, as the knife cut in her left index finger. Blood poured hastily and Wheein pulled away to take a look. "!" She held Solar's hand and put it under cold water.

"It's not deep, don't worry." She said, calming herself down rather than the hurt girl. "Where's the first aid kit?" She asked, looking up at Yong Sun, her eyes meeting a pale face, before she feels the body between her arms loosen up to fall down. She was quick, preventing the older woman from falling. She carried her to the couch, then hurried to the bathroom, looking for bandaids and medicines to clean the cut.

 

She looked up at the mirror, her eyes opening in shock, she shook her head constantly. "No, no..this is not supposed to happen..no..oh god..but it's the 17th..god..no...no.." 

 

She ran back to the living room and thanked goodness that Yong Sun still haven't woken up. She leaned down, holding the cold hand between hers and started treating it, carefully. All along, she was muttering some words that sounded like nothing familiar to the human race.

 

She knew that Yong Sun was tired, so she didn't try to wake her up. Instead, she put a blanket over her body to keep her warm then headed to the kitchen to continue what the sleeping girl started. She cleaned the blood stains and wondered on why she never knew that their leader is oversensitive when it comes to the sight of blood.

 

She decided that maybe she was just too tired. I will ask her later. She thanked Hyejin, for teaching her a few dishes, and specifically the same dish Yong Sun was trying to cook. Less than one hour later, the food was ready. She put the dishes on a tray and joined Solar in the living room.

 

She put the tray on the coffee table and leaned over to wake up Yong Sun. 

 

The latter opened her eyes, an unfamiliar look on her face when she saw Wheein. Her eyes seemed to look past the younger girl. "What's wrong?" Wheein smiled, cupping the older's face, kissing her forehead. "I treated your wound, don't worry." Her voice reassuring. 

 

Yong Sun nodded as she sat up. "Oh! You made us the food..I'm sor~" Wheein put her finger on the older's mouth, quieting her. "It's okay..but..unnie..are you sensitive to seeing blood?" She asked genuinely. 

 

Yong Sun sat on the couch, and stared past Wheein again. The blurry image of what she saw right before passing out looked like a dream, or a beautiful nightmare

 

"I think I'm just too tired, don't worry. Let's eat." 

 

But Wheein worried. She worried because she realized it. Solar was looking past her, at her back. I should've managed my hormones, ! She must've seen it all. She was them. 

 

She kept calm though. The older girl was not sure about what she had seen and Wheein should keep a low profile. 

When they were done with food, Wheein got up and cleaned the place, then washed dishes. Yong Sun kept an eye on her, the entire time. "Sleep in my room." She blurted out of nowhere.

"Huh? I can sleep here, unnie..you are tired you need space." Wheein was getting nervous again.

"I want you to stay by my side.." Yong Sun's voice was small, the other girl smiled, and nodded.

 

 

Turning off the lights, Yong Sun crawled back in bed, next to Wheein. She got under the covers and let her eyes accustom to the darkness. The first thing she saw was Wheein's bright eyes. She smiled unconsciously, snuggling closer to her. 

 

Wheein leaned a little to plant a tender kiss on Yong Sun's forehead. At the same time, the latter tilted her head up to take one more glimpse of Wheein's pretty face. 

 

Call it fate, call it manmade, call it destiny. Their lips met, none of them pulled away. They were motionless for an instant, before the youngest moved her lips to kiss the oldest anyway.

 

She was pulling away when she felt a warm hand pull her head closer again. She heard Yong Sun whimper silently as her injured finger pressed against her face, but her lips found Wheein's, shushing her down. 

 

She showered the blond's lips with million sweet kisses, and the latter kissed back non-stop. They slightly pulled away for an oxygen break.

"I..I love..you..Jung..Wheein.."