Almost

Oh Mingyu!!

Around a few weeks have passed since Mingyu realised that he had a crush on his older teammate, Wonwoo. He still has not told anyone about his feelings and was starting to get a little impatient. No longer able to fall asleep with so much on his mind, he decided to get up and do his morning routine even though it was only 6.30.

Just as he exited the bathroom, he heard the door of the next bathroom close as well and realised that it was Wonwoo. He immediately blushed and looked away.

"Oh Mingyu? You're up early today. Can't sleep too huh?" Wonwoo laughed, his morning voice stilll evident and Mingyu could feel his heart beating out of his chest.

"Y-yea. G'morning Wonwoo hyung." He managed to say as he regained his composure. "Wanna head to the practice room first? I'll make us some Iced Americano!"

"Sure." Wonwoo replied. Cold drinks first thing in the morning was not his style but he thought that if Mingyu was going to be the one making it, he would gladly agree.

With light hearts, they took a stroll to the Pledis building, accompanied by the cooling morning breeze. No words were needed to be said and they simply enjoyed each other's presence.

When they have reached the destination, as promised, Mingyu quickly got to work on their Iced Americano as Wonwoo made himself comfortable at the little tea table. Talk about fancy. Since Winter was approaching as well, the room was very cold and Mingyu was having a sneezing fit. Wonwoo studied his dongsaeng, sighing and taking out some antibacterial wipes that he had prepared.

"Now that's not very hygenic, Mr Kim. Here. Use these. Geez, I really need to teach you more about personal hygiene huh."

Mingyu rolled his eyes and started to wipe his hands, a smile slowly making its way up to his face. Soon after, he returned to the table with two cups of the ice-cold beverage.

"Wahhh~ Thank you so much Mingyu ah!" Wonwoo cheered, whipping his phone out to snap a quick picture just because, when is he going to experience another situation like this, right? Just the two of them.

"Mhm. As expected, it's really good. Your girlfriend is going to be one lucky person. I already know, but even then don't forget your awesome hyung okay?" Wonwoo pointed to himself and forced a laugh but it did not go unnoticed by Mingyu.

"Girlfriend...huh. W-well whatever it is, you'll always be my favourite person, hyung. I mean, we're so close and everything. I won't let anyone get in the way of our uhm...f-friendship. Yea." The younger rapper assured.

Wonwoo nodded, tears of happiness welling up in his eyes. 'Even if I can't have him in the end, at least we have a very close and strong friendship.' He thought to himself before giving Mingyu another bright smile that seemed to radiate. Well, to Mingyu at least. "Sorry, I'm being childish right now." Wonwoo wiped his tears with some tissue and took out his phone to reply to texts from the members that have already woken up.

Mingyu felt infatuated with just Wonwoo's smile alone. Without thinking twice, he accidentally blurted out what he had on his mind the whole time. Which he definitely regretted soon after.

"Hyung I love your smile. Your laugh. Everything about you. I am in love with you, Wonwoo hyung." Mingyu gulped, astounded at his own words. He definitely had not planned to confess today nor do it in this manner. He wanted something much more special.

"Woops sorry Mingyu. I didn't quite catch that. What were you saying?" Wonwoo asked, keeping his phone back into his pocket and paying attention to his flustered dongsaeng. "Woah aren't your cheeks crazy red. Are you alright?"

After a million thought processes rushed through his mind, he decided to do what he thought would be the best to salvage the situation. Mingyu began laughing, acting as if nothing had happened. "Oh nothing! Just wanted you to know that I really love eating ramen and we should go out soon!" He tried his best to form his random words into actual sentences while acting as normal as possible.

"Sure...I mean, if you want. I can treat you to ramen on our next day off." Wonwoo shrugged. "Anyway, I'm going to start working on a new rap for our next album okay? Catch ya later." He jogged off and Mingyu wiped the cold sweat off of his forehead while leaning against the pillar.

"Oh my gosh that was so close. Get a hold of yourself Kim Mingyu!" He chided himself.


Ayeee next chapter is going to be meanieful so prepare yourselves >_<

dAMN I wanna go to a Seventeen concert too!! Oh well. :"(

 << lmao look at this dork