Making Decisions

Oh Mingyu!!

"Hyung let's work on a new rap together!" Mingyu suggested brightly only to be turned down by Wonwoo who went to work with Seungcheol and Vernon instead.

The rest of the Seventeen members who did not know what was going on were utterly shocked, unable to comprehend the situation unfolding in front of them. Sadness laced Mingyu's features but he continued to wear a smile on his face.

"It's okay then! Maybe next time!" He stated cheerfully but his voice was beginning to crack.

Jihoon studied the both of them. Obviously, them being apart was not making a difference but instead, making matters worst. Mingyu was suffering, having the hyung that he was technically closest with to be ignoring and giving him the cold shoulder all of a sudden. Wonwoo on the other hand knew the pain he was causing the younger one and was having a very difficult time as well.

He returned to the studio where he composed all of Seventeen's songs and plopped down onto the chair, sighing deeply and massaging his forehead. 'Am I doing the right thing as an older brother?'

His thoughts were interrupted with a knock on the door and Seungcheol entered the room with a cup of hot tea. "Hey. Are you alright? Your expressions have not been really good since this morning." Seungcheol questioned, placing the cup down.

"Sorry I'm just. Thinking. A lot of things are happening and I'm not sure if I'm giving the correct advice." Jihoon replied, starting up the computer.

"Mhm. I'm listening. Go on." Seungcheol took a seat on the couch and Jihoon spun around to face him before recounting the whole incident with Wonwoo in the morning.

"Look I know where you're coming from but Mingyu and Wonwoo have a very special relationship and bond that they don't have with the rest of us even though we're all really close with each other." Seungcheol spoke. "Asking Wonwoo to distance himself from Mingyu is like shutting down a part of him. If you know what I mean."

"Yea...you're right. Oh no. I have to go and talk to Wonwoo hyung right now. Thank you so much for the enlightenment Seungcheol." Jihoon left the room after finishing the tea that was made specially for him.

"Anything for you." Seungcheol beamed.

"Hyung! Wonwoo hyung where are you?" Jihoon ran around the building searching for his hyung and finally found him sitting in the hall alone, probably working on new raps like the usual. Wonwoo's head shot up at the sound of his name and saw Jihoon at the doorway, panting. "Woah. What happened to you?"

"We need to talk, hyung. It's about you and Mingyu."

He fell silent at the sound of Mingyu's name but nodded quietly in response and gestured to the empty seat in front of him.

"It was my mistake, I'm so sorry. Please stop ignoring Mingyu. I realised that it's only making things worst and this time, both of you are the ones hurting. I'm sure that even you can tell by now."

"Oh but I think it's working. I mean, I can take my mind off him now and-" Wonwoo began but got cut off by an exasperated Jihoon.

"Don't lie to yourself anymore, you silly guy. Now go! Find Mingyu and patch things up with him!" Jihoon pushed Wonwoo out of his seat and out of the door.

"Thanks and you're dead when we get back to the dorm!" Wonwoo called out as he started running towards the practice room. As soon as he stepped into the room, his eyes scanned the whole place and finally landed on the tall male who was having a talk with Hansol. Hesitantly, he walked up to Mingyu and lightly tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, uhm. Can we talk?"

"Of course." Mingyu answered, surprised but relieved at the same time. The both of them silently made their way out of the practice room. "So..."

"I'm sorry. Mingyu I'm sorry for the way that I have treated you today. I don't know what came over me." Wonwoo admitted shyly, glancing down at his feet, unsure of how to face the younger one.

Unexpectedly, he was pulled into a warm embrace. "Thank goodness. I thought you hated me. We all have those days, hyung and next time you can share it with me. Don't keep it to yourself and suffer in silence. Promise?" Mingyu held out his pinky and Wonwoo nodded, doing the same.

Their moment was interrupted when 'Adore U' started playing. Wonwoo took out his phone and answered the call. "Oh Soonyoung hyung. What? Now? Yea okay bye."

"Okay so...race you to the practice room!" Wonwoo laughed, dashing off. 

"Hey! That's not fair!" Mingyu exclaimed, chasing after Wonwoo and laughing as well. He felt his heart beat faster again. It was the same feeling for the past week but he always chose to ignore it. Now it was clearer to him.

'Hey Wonwoo hyung...I think I'm in love with you.' Mingyu thought, blushing.


So me just being meanie trash, I couldn't let them ignore each other anymore. :")

I hope that you guys are enjoying the story as much as I am enjoying writing it!! <3