Ramen and Chill

Oh Mingyu!!

It was finally the dreaded time of the week for all the singles in Seventeen as it was movie night and of course, love and cheesiness were in the air. Obviously, there was going to be Minghao and Junhui but unexpectedly, Jihoon and Seungcheol wanted to join in too, receiving questioning and suspicious glances from the members which they brushed off without a care.

Soonyoung and Seokmin's excuse was that they needed movie inspiration for new jokes and puns to use in interviews so they too, joined in on the couples' movie night which was on a Sunday. Of course, since it was a Sunday, we cannot forget Jisoo who went to church, along with Jeonghan who wanted to accompany him. They informed the rest that they were going to have dinner out after church.

"Hey Seungkwan. I don't know how to put this...uhm...wanna join in the movie night with me? Since we're bored too and all ya'know." Hansol asked, his hands in his pockets, trying to pass off as cool and casual.

"Uhm yea. Sure. Whatever. It's cool." Seungkwan shrugged before turning on his heel and fast-walking away, afraid that Hansol would notice the blush that was beginning to spread across his face.

Wonwoo, who witnessed all this, rolled his eyes and plopped onto his bed with a pout. "Sigh, I want to ask Mingyu to movie night too." He muttered.

"Ask me what?" Mingyu walked into the room and sat on the edge of the bed. Wonwoo simply glanced at him, shocked, so to break the long silence, he took the chance to ask out his hyung. "Whatever it was, hey, wanna join them at movie night tonight? I think it's going to be fun." Mingyu winked, inching closer to his hyung who slowly backed up against the wall. Their faces were only centimetres apart until...

"Mingyu ah, Wonwoo ah,"

Seungcheol had walked in.

The both of them immediately moved away from each other until each of them were literally on the opposite sides of the bed. Seungcheol chuckled. "Sorry, just wanted to invite you guys to movie night with us but I guess you beat me to it. Very well. Carry on." He walked out feeling awkward, and then again, silence.

"So..." Mingyu dragged on but was cut off by Wonwoo who agreed. "Of course, sure. Uh see you tonight then I guess?"

"Hyung. We're roommates now." Mingyu laughed at his hyung's cute awkwardness.

Hours passed and night fell very quickly. At around 8 p.m., the boys had the movie in, drinks and snacks laid out in front of them and the television. The movie of the night was Begin Again and they made themselves comfortable on the couch. It was only about ten minutes into the movie but Kim Mingyu was already starting to get bored and he turned towards Wonwoo whose eyes were fixated on the screen, engrossed. He tapped Wonwoo on the shoulder lightly.

"Hyung. I'm bored. I rather watch an SF-Fantasy movie instead." Mingyu whispered quietly.

Wonwoo scanned the members around him before pulling Mingyu off to the hallway. Everyone was paying attention to the movie except Hansol who was sleeping soundly on Seungkwan's lap while Seungkwan unconciously threaded his fingers through Hansol's hair.

"Okay but we can't possibly sneak out to a movie theatre now so should we just ride our bikes to the park? Jamwon Han River Park?" Wonwoo suggested, earning a great response from Mingyu. Still keeping silent, they slowly exited the dorm, got on their bikes and were soon on the way to the park with the cold air hitting their face. When they have arrived, they parked their bikes and went to find a bench.

"Hyung, you know, I've seen on this on dramas." Mingyu started and Wonwoo lifted an eyebrow in confusion. "Couples come here at night and then they enjoy drinking beer while enjoying the wind. It looked kinda fun...so I was just wondering, even though we may not be a couple..."

"I guess we can get drinks and some snacks, but no beer or soju. Just the cold coffee." Wonwoo warned, opening his wallet to check for cash.

"That would be great but I'll have you know that I'll be paying okay? Kinda like a thank you gift for always being there for me." The younger blushed, looking away and standing up to head to the nearby convenience store with Wonwoo trailing behind. He easily caught up though. Surprisingly, Mingyu felt something warm and soft being wrapped around his neck. He turned his head only to be greeted by the worried expression on Wonwoo's face.

"Just use my scarf for a while. It's really cold out here now and I certainly don't need you sneezing on me later, especially since I forgot to bring my trusty antibacterial wipes." Wonwoo laughed, shivering a little. Taking advantage of the situation, Mingyu wrapped an arm around his slightly shorter hyung, pulling him close at the same time.

"I'll keep you warm then."

Wonwoo's cheeks warmed up and he hoped that it would simply pass of easily as a look of the weather being too cold for him to handle.

Entering the convenience store, they went to the drinks section but all that was left was many bottles and cans of beer and soju, which they did not want to get so they settled for the mineral water instead.

"Hyung! There's ramen! Should we get ramen too? I am kinda hungry." Mingyu eyed the stack of ramen containers near the back of the store, earning an eye roll from Wonwoo who gave in and agreed. Happily, Mingyu paid for the two bottles of water and two containers of ramen. Before leaving, they filled the hot water to the stated level in the container and left, hurriedly returning to the benches.

"Wah. It's so awesome. Getting to spend alone time with hyung like this." Mingyu sighed in content and took out his phone to check out all the snapchats from the members who finally realised that they were no longer at home. He tapped on the one from Seungcheol.

"Yah Kim Mingyu-ssi. Where might you be and is Wonwoo with you?" Seungcheol asked, a fake irritated expression on his face. Hansol was in the background, still peacefully asleep on Seungkwan's lap. This time, Seungkwan was fast asleep as well.

Mingyu decided to reply with a video too. "Wonwoo hyung and I are at Jamwon Han River Park. We rode our bikes here. We'll be back soon!" He waved goodbye and used the last second of the video on a shot of Wonwoo opening the water bottles. Keeping his phone, he began to join Wonwoo in eating the ramen.

"Hyung, next time, we should do this again." Mingyu exclaimed, showing off an eye smile. Wonwoo nodded absentmindedly, gulping down the soup. "Maybe next time not as friends or teammates but something more." He continued to mumble, his voice barely audible.

Wonwoo set the container down, a satisfied smile on his face as he took a sip of the water.

"You done? Shall we go?" Mingyu asked, placing the empty ramen containers into a plastic bag and disposing of them in the bin. Being a good citizen of course.

"Yup. Let's go home~"

Bravely, Mingyu intertwined their hands. "Just till we get to our bikes okay?" Wonwoo nodded, confused and suspicious of Mingyu's sudden overflowing affection. They got on their bikes and tried to rush home while still staying safe, knowing that they will probably receive a small lecture from the leader later on.

Their predictions were correct as Seungcheol told them about leaving without informing him, getting into trouble with the public and all that jazz.

That night, unable to fall asleep, Mingyu thought of having a night talk with Wonwoo but after calling out to him, there was no response. Wonwoo was basically out like a light. The younger sighed, noticing the scarf on the table. He took it and hugged it tightly, returning to bed. Breathing in the scent of Wonwoo's cologne, he slowly drifted off to sleep.


OHMYGAWD THE SEVENTEEN BOYS AT THE MAMA AWARDS LAST NIGHT THOUGH. THEY SERIOUSLY MAKE ME PROUD ALL THE TIME. ALL 13 OF THEM LOOKED ABSOLUTELY PERFECT AND THEY MAY NOT HAVE WON AN AWARD BUT WE WILL ALWAYS ACKNOWLEDGE THE HARDWORK THAT THEY PUT IN. SEVENTEEN HWAITING ~

Okay, with those feels out, back to the story. >_< Hope that ya'll enjoyed this chapter!! I tried to make it as cute as possible without doing too much since they're not dating. YET.

To all my readers, thank you for continuously supporting this story! :)))