Are You Okay?

Thanks For The Memories (Discontinued)

Sunggyu leans on the wall connecting their kitchen and their living room as he gazes on his boyfriend’s body that’s lying limply on the sofa, laptop almost abandoned on the coffee table. The man lets out a grunt as he feels his stomach growling again, turning his head to the side and closing his eyes half way before sealing them completely.

“Are you sure you don’t want anything to eat? We should go to the supermarket sooner or later.”

“No. I don’t want to. Told you I had a bad feeling about going out, plus my work is unfinished.”

“But if we don’t then I’ll die of hunger along with you.”

“No you won’t, it’s just for today.”

“I can hear something growling, and there’s definitely no bear or lion here.”

“Maybe it’s a tiger.”

Sunggyu lets out a frustrated sigh and despite Woohyun’s words; he grabs his jacket, already dressed for going out. The snow started to fall already, and he can’t believe it has already been almost a year after he and Woohyun spent their first New Year together. He smiles fondly at the memory, but immediately remembers the task at hand. Woohyun protests from the living room, but Sunggyu’s too hungry to care. He opens the door, but then hears footsteps racing towards him, a rack falling and a loud curse. Woohyun then appears in the doorway, looking a tiny bit exhausted.

“I’m coming with you.”

“Finally. Took you long enough to get your lazy off the couch and actually plan to do something for today.”

Woohyun huffs and shakes his head, pretending to adjust his coat. Sunggyu just smiles and struts out the door, followed by an annoyed Woohyun. They exit their apartment building and are suddenly greeted by the snowy scenery. The roads are literally buried in ice, lakes almost completely solid, and only a few souls roaming the streets. He shivers lightly, the cold breeze slapping his face making the hairs at the back of his neck stand. He starts to walk, feet sometimes being swallowed by the big piles of snow. After about a few meters of walking he can hear Woohyun panting heavily behind him. He’s faking it, Sunggyu thinks, because Woohyun doesn’t get exhausted easily, even if he is in a lazy mood.

“Gyu, can we stop? I’m tired!” Woohyun whines, stopping in his tracks and ending up far behind Sunggyu. He turns back to see Woohyun’s hands resting on his knees, breath coming out his mouth in puffs of cold air. Sunggyu smiles even if he did just roll his eyes. He shouts a fine, lazy bone and jogs towards Woohyun. Woohyun smiles and stands up straight and kisses Sunggyu on the lips stealthily, making Sunggyu blush furiously. Woohyun pulls away and Sunggyu deliberately knees Woohyun’s leg harshly. Woohyun laughs starts running, like a little child telling his playmate to catch him.

“C’mon Gyu!”

Sunggyu giggles and follows him, stumbling on his own two feet a few times. He runs with all his energy, but Woohyun was faster. He seemed to stop at a pedestrian lane, looking at Sunggyu at laughing. Sunggyu smiles and makes it his goal to take revenge on Woohyun for making him run so much. Fatigue engulfed him, and he slowed down slightly to regain his energy. He’s closer to him now, only a few feet away from him. Woohyun jumps up and down impatiently, waiting for the light to turn green and enlarge the gap between him and Sunggyu. And it does in a matter of a few seconds, and he rushes down the lane happily, not noticing the—

Oh no.

CRASH!

Woohyun notices the speeding car a fraction of  a second too late, and he’s sent flying to the cold road floor with a heavy weight on him.

His head pounds, arms hurting and back screaming in pain. But he forgets about anything his body is complaining about when he recognizes the body on him. The caramel hair and all sets his mind blank, and soon he’s panicking and he’s flung out of his wits.

Sunggyu!

Sounds of an ambulance reaches his ears, and he’s knocked out after one last final question.

Sunggyu, are you okay?

~*~

Woohyun wakes up in a hospital bed, head wrapped in bandages and a wire connecting his arm to a plastic bag filled with water that’s hanging on a metal pole close to his bed. He looks around, confused, before memories invade his mind. He trashes around in his bad and shouts out Sunggyu’s name. A doctor immediately rushes in to see if he is okay, and assures him that Sunggyu is being taken care of. He lays back down when the doctor leaves and he can’t help but still feel panicky. He knew it! Something bad is definitely going to happen and he could feel it in his gut the moment he woke up. He never knew he had this power (if it can even be considered as one), and he berated himself for giving in to Sunggyu so easily.

Woohyun cries, quietly praying for Sunggyu’s safety. Another doctor, different from the one earlier, entered. This one seemed very, very familiar but he couldn’t quite place his finger on it, his mind a bit hazy. The doctor smiles a bit and approaches Woohyun, and at that moment he finally recognizes him.

Dongwoo!

“Jang Dongwoo what are young doing here?!” He smiles as he shouts out his words, happy to see the elder.

“I should ask you and your boyfriend the same thing, Nam.”

Woohyun hangs his head low, and mutter something under his breath.

“Hm?”

“We got into a car accident.”

“I don’t think you have to worry about Gyu anymore, he’s fine although he still isn’t waking up. His heartbeat is consistent, which is a good sign.”

Woohyun lets out the air he didn’t know he was holding and he smiles, relief washing over him.

He’s okay.


Okay I have no excuse for this I’m so sorry.

And I can’t believe I listened to Megalovania and P!ATD while writing this. Fellow trash, raise your foot!

But on a more serious note, thank you guys for the support! I can’t believe someone would actually vote and subscribe and it really makes me happy! I’m just being a lazy little right now ;-;

This is gonna end in probably 2 chaps, so please stay with me for a little while longer! Please continue commenting, subbing, and upvoting!

Okay that’s all for now~