Seasonal Woes and Seasonal Kisses

Thanks For The Memories (Discontinued)

Sunggyu sits at the small table enough to accompany two people near the frosted window of the café. He sips on his pumpkin spice coffee happily, liking the way it flows through his throat and heats up his insides. He loves it even more because it was his boyfriend who made it.

About a month ago, Woohyun applied to be an employee at Sweetly Infinity Café since he needs extra money and he hasn’t really decided where to work yet, so he serves there for the time being. Sunggyu loves the sweets the café always serves and the fact that Woohyun was the one who made most of the snacks makes it all the more delicious and special.

Sunggyu looks out the big window that was blurred with ice. He can slightly make out some cars and people passing by. He thinks there are oddly many people considering the time (it was 8 in the morning on a Saturday) and the weather. He feels warm, all bundled up in scarves and drinking his boyfriend’s creation, and even more so when he feels said boyfriend hug him from behind and place a fleeting but sweet kiss on his temple.

“Hi.”

“Hello.”

They both greet each other, smiling sweetly. They haven’t spoken to each other since morning and finally being able to hear Woohyun’s voice was heaven for him, same for Woohyun.

“It’s gotten so cold in just a few days…” Sunggyu comments, taking off his scarf to only wrap it again, tighter this time, around his neck again. He pouts a bit because he isn’t much of an extreme coldness nor hotness person, and he would easily get sick. He sneezes cutely, and Woohyun almost, almost pounces him because why is he so cute?!

His nose is bright red, and Woohyun comments mischievously about how Sunggyu’s starting to look like Rudolph, to which Sunggyu promptly glares daggers at him and puffs his cheeks out, making him look more of a hamster than he already is. Not even trying to resist, Woohyun reaches out to pinch Sunggyu’s cheeks and giggles when Sunggyu swats his hands away.

“I hate you.”

“Love you too Gyu~”

Sunggyu huffs but then smiles immediately because Woohyun was just too lovable.

“So Hyun, tomorrow’s Christmas—“

“Oh! Way ahead of you. Let’s go to this restaurant that opened up especially for the Christmas season, and it’s been getting a lot of good reviews from the customers-

Sunggyu stops Woohyun before he can finish.

“I-I want to stay home w-with you.”

 “O-oh, really?”

Woohyun beams happily because he originally wanted to just stay at home, snuggle with Sunggyu into the blankets and say sweet words to each other. He just planned it all out because he thought maybe Sunggyu would want to do something and go out.

“NAM WOOHYUN GET BACK HERE.” The loud and stern voice of Woohyun’s boss calls him. He groans and glares at the boss’s back, but then looks away before he catches him giving him the bad eye. He looks at Sunggyu apologetically, and Sunggyu just smiles understandingly and waves his hands to signal for Woohyun to just go on with his work already, he’ll be okay. Woohyun leans over the table to whisper something in Sunggyu’s ears and place his palm on Sunggyu’s forehead before running back to the kitchen.

“Go home and take care of yourself, alright? I’ll be home in two hours.”

~*~

Sticking to his promise, Woohyun arrives two hours later at their apartment, at around 10am. Once stepping in, he sees Sunggyu covered in blankets on the couch shivering but laughing while watching his favorite variety show. Woohyun looks at him worriedly before scooping him in his arms and carrying the sick man to their bedroom. Sunggyu gasps because he didn’t notice anyone come in but immediately relaxes when he realizes it is Woohyun.

The younger lays him down gently onto the mattress. He kisses him on the nose lightly before mumbling a “be right back” and jogging out of the room. He goes into the kitchen and opens a drawer full of medicine for different kinds of illnesses. He rummages through it for the fever medicine, but he can’t seem to find it. He sighs, because the one medicine they needed was gone when there were tens of tonics and pills that they almost never needed.

He goes back to where Sunggyu was and sits down beside him. He Sunggyu’s hair because Sunggyu was almost fast asleep. He whispers something before standing up, grabbing his coat, and walking out of the apartment to head towards the pharmacy not-too-far from their place.

“I’ll go buy some medicine while you stay here and rest, okay?”

~*~

It took Woohyun about thirty minutes to buy the brand he needed because the store owner was out of stock but Woohyun ushered him to look properly. In the end he was able to find the medicine he needed and paid a little grumpily.

He goes back to his apartment to see a black car with oddly shaped black pillows on the windshield inside of it parked on the street in front of their building. He raises his eyebrows questioningly because it looks familiar. He decides to pay it no heed and continue walking. He arrives and almost turns the knob completely to open the door but loud laughter stops him. It sounds like it is coming from the other side of the door. He smiles because he could recognize that laugh anywhere. But another voice follows along with it. He widens his eyes and presses his ear to the door.

“Myungie, stop!”

Oh. It’s Myungsoo! Woohyun sighs in relief and opens the door. He sees Sunggyu laughing behind his palm that is placed on his mouth while standing in the corner and Myungsoo making grabby hands and slowly walking towards Sunggyu, seemingly threatening him. Both look at Woohyun and Sunggyu runs towards him for protection.

“Woohyun! M-make Myungs-soo s-stop!” Sunggyu was still laughing and Woohyun looks at Myungsoo. He just smiles his charming smile.

“What have you two been up to?”

“Myungsoo started a tickling contest!”

Woohyun chuckles and gives Myungsoo a thumbs up before removing his coat and draping it on a chair nearby. Sunggyu gasps and points fingers at the two accusingly.

“You two are evil!”

Myungsoo approaches Sunggyu and before the older could escape, he hugs him tightly.

“I love you hyung.” Sunggyu sighs.

“I love you too Myungie. Aigoo my baby brother is so cute.”

Sunggyu giggles and pinches Myungsoo’s cheeks, to which the younger puffs them in annoyance.

“Hyung, you’re the cute one.”

“Am not.”

“I can agree with Myungsoo on that one.” Woohyun hollers as he sits down on the couch, placing the medicine and water for Sunggyu on the coffee table. Sunggyu rolls his eyes and pokes Myungsoo’s cheek again.

“Merry Christmas baby brother.”

“Merry Christmas Gyu-hyung~ Merry Christmas to you too Woohyunnie-hyung. I’ll be going now.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay for a bit more Myung? Gyu and I get a little lonely when it’s only the two of us.” Woohyun laughs a bit.

“Yah! Don’t say things like that!” Sunggyu scolds.

“It’s okay hyung. Sungyeol will definitely flip if I’m late for our date today. Bye~” Myungsoo bids the two of the goodbye and walks out the door.

“Hey Gyu, come and drink your medicine.”

“Don’t wanna.”

“Well how do you expect to get rid of your cold?”

“It went down already.”

Woohyun pulls Sunggyu to sit beside him on the couch and checks his temperature. It did go down but he’s still hotter than normal.

“You still have to drink this. It didn’t go down completely to the normal level. C’mon~ So we can spend our Christmas without any worries of you suddenly fainting or something.”

“I don’t want to because you scared Myungie away.”

“I did not.”

Sunggyu stands up, a bit shakily, and turns his back to Woohyun. Boy, Sunggyu sure was sulky when he was sick.

“Kim Sunggyu.” Sunggyu immediately turns around because if Woohyun calls him by his full name, it means he is dead serious.

“Just drink your medicine, okay? I don’t want it to turn into something more serious. I just want to spend Christmas with you without any worries of you passing out on me, alright?” Woohyun speaks with a hint of anger but the words are spoken softly and tenderly. Sunggyu nods and sits down beside Woohyun again and takes the medicine. He opens the wrapping and pops a small pill into him mouth, gulping down water to make it go down. Once he’s done, he looks at Woohyun who has a small smile on his face. He immediately feels guilty and angry at himself so he hugs Woohyun suddenly. He snuggles into Woohyun’s chest as he feels muscled arms snake around his waist and pull him closer to the warm body. They stay like that, cherishing this time and letting silence engulf them.

Woohyun loosens his embrace as he feels Sunggyu pulling away, but he doesn’t let go completely. Sunggyu looks up at Woohyun and smiles brightly which makes him looks younger and more endearing. Woohyun smiles back because he doesn’t know what he did in a past life for someone like Sunggyu to enter the picture. He must’ve saved the world from an epidemic or something to deserve him.

Sunggyu leans up to meet Woohyun’s oncoming kiss. They kiss, softly at first, lips moving against each other slowly, but it grows more passionate as Woohyun slides his tongue across Sunggyu’s bottom lip, asking for entrance. Sunggyu happily grants him what he wants and lets the wet muscle penetrate his cavern. The tongue moves everywhere and he loves it. It caresses his own tongue and they break apart, a bridge of saliva remaining that connects them.

“Let’s decorate the apartment Hyunnie~”

Woohyun failed to notice the lack of Christmassy atmosphere in their home at first and now that Sunggyu indirectly points it out, he can see their home is anything but fit for the season. But Woohyun wants to take advantage of this.

“For every decoration we put up, you’ll give me a kiss?”

“What?! Why?”

“Because I don’t want to move and I just want to stay here with you so you need to pay me.”

“Aigoo. What if I say no?”

“Then you’re not going anywhere!” Woohyun tightens his grip on Sunggyu and pins him down onto the couch. He lies on top of Sunggyu who his squirming uncontrollably while laughing loudly.

“Yah! Get off me! You’re heavy.”

“So will you accept my offer?

“Hm…”

Sunggyu pushes Woohyun off him with all his strength and runs to the kitchen. Woohyun lets out a battle cry and charges towards him.

Needles to say, the decorating was a bit chaotic.


I6Y5or3.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR PEEPS! May everyone have the best of the best in the coming year, and I hope everyone will/did get the presents they wanted for Christmas!

BTW if anyone's wondering what gift did they give each other, being the greasy couple they are, they just offered each other a kiss haha.

Please comment guys! I want to hear your thoughts and what you guys want to see in the coming chapters because I'm running out of ideas I'm not creative okay?  

Also upvote and subscribe if you think this fic deserves it!

Love you all, and I'll see you in the next chapter!

Woohyun on top of Sunggyu could've gone in a different direction tho