Of First Meetings and Heartbeats

Thanks For The Memories (Discontinued)

Word count: 710

I'm so sorry that it's so short. I promise the next chapter will be even longer (actually it's 3k words, and I'm almost done).


Sunggyu ran through the whole college campus, just to get to his next class. But he accidentally bumped a brunette on the way, spilling the coffee in his grasp.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry!” Sunggyu proceeded to bow and hand tissues from his pocket to the brunette. But the brunette just smiled at him and spoke in a soft and friendly tone.

“Don’t worry, it’s fine.” Sunggyu was captivated. The other’s beautiful black irises that he could drown in forever. His soft looking, brown hair that he just wants to caress and tangle his fingers in. His smile that’s so bright and reassuring that he found himself smiling along. And lastly, his shiny, beautiful, plump lips that looked utterly kissable. Sunggyu knows he shouldn’t think of kissing the stranger, well because they just met. But there was something about the man that made him fall immediately.

He didn’t notice he was staring until when a hand was waving in front of his face.

“Hey, Earth to…uh…” Oh how could he forget his manners.

“Sunggyu.”

“Oh. Sunggyu.” And there’s that smile again. The smile Sunggyu couldn’t help but mimic.

“I’m Nam Woohyun. Nice to meet you!”

“Kim Sunggyu, a pleasure also.”

Suddenly, a loud bell could be heard. Sunggyu suddenly realised that he was almost late for class.

“Oh no! It’s time for class!” Sunggyu dashed away towards the lecture hall. He could hear Woohyun shouting, “Let’s meet at the fountain at 5!” And he couldn’t help the “Okay! See you there!” that escaped his throat.

Class went on smoothly, but he wanted time to go faster. He wanted it to be 5 already, so he could meet the mysterious man he has completely fallen for already.

At last, it was that time. Once class ended, he practically swept all his belongings into his bag and bolted out the room towards the fountain in the middle of the campus. Once he reached there, he was sweating a bit and he was tired, but all fatigue disappeared when he caught a glimpse of Woohyun sitting on the edge of the fountain while eating a lollipop like a little child. Sunggyu fixed himself and walked over to the other.

“Hey.” He greeted.

“Oh! You’re here! I’m glad you came.” A wide grin made its way onto his face.

“How could I not?” It was Sunggyu’s turn to smile.

“So…wanna go and grab something?”

Sunggyu slightly chuckled and nodded.

“Yes, I would like that very much.”

Once they’ve settled down on the chairs and received their orders, they started talking about each other. Telling something about themselves or sharing some funny stories. Sunggyu found out that Woohyun wanted to be a chef ever since he was little, and that Woohyun occasionally performs at clubs for some extra money. He thinks he really wants to hear Woohyun sing, but Woohyun was shy. Another time, he thought.

They kept on talking like there’s no tomorrow. Sunggyu enjoyed Woohyun’s company, and Woohyun enjoyed Sunggyu’s. Sunggyu also discovered he was older than Woohyun, so the brunette started calling him “hyung”. And Sunggyu thought that that word couldn’t sound anymore perfect coming from Woohyun.

It was already 7pm, and it was time for them to bid each other goodbye, since they both had classes early the next morning. Woohyun approached the elder, and hugged him. Sunggyu merely stood in shock, as the younger tightened his arms around him.

“Hyung…” That made Sunggyu snap out of his trance.

“Hm?” Sunggyu slowly hugged back.

Woohyun smiled even wider when he felt Sunggyu returning the hug.

“Hyung, can we meet again? Tomorrow?” They broke away from each other, and Sunggyu slightly missed Woohyun’s warmth.

“Sure, here again?”

“Sure. Also, here’s my number. Call me whenever.” Woohyun handed him a small paper with scribbles on it. Sunggyu smiled at this.

“Okay.”

“Goodbye hyung, see ‘ya tomorrow!” Then Woohyun walked off.

“Goodbye…” And Sunggyu also walked off.

Once Sunggyu reached his apartment, he lied down on his bed, face planted into the pillows. As he recalled the earlier events, he couldn’t stop smiling like an idiot. His heart was beating fast and he didn’t know why. He liked being so close to the other and talking to him. He enjoyed every second of it, and he will treasure it forever.


Thank you guys for the overwhelming response! Already 14 subs! OMG. But, I would really like to hear your thoughts, so please comment. Tell me the things I'm doing wrong, and you guys are at the same time motivating me to write more :) Also, I'm almost done with the third chapter, so I'll probably post not too long from now.

I also changed some stuff to the overall story (title and description) cuz I think those suite it story better...?

Okay, bye now~