Hell Is Just A Brother Away

Our Royal Hours

The sun rays shine on Jaejoong’s face, causing the man to turn away from the light. Yunho was barely asleep, always waking up when Jaejoong had moved.

 

He was trained to sleep that way in the army, always cautious of his surroundings. Yunho sees Jaejoong sleeping in front of him and he pulled his consort closer, shielding the man from the sunlight before going back to sleep.

 

It was only five minutes later that Donghae had walked in, seeing the two sleeping together.

 

“Your Highness, it’s time for you to wake up. You have school today.” Donghae said, not seeing any movement from the couple. He raised his eyebrows on that.

 

“Yunho? I know you’re a light sleeper. Get up and go shower. We’ll be leaving in one hour. With your new brother.” Hearing that, Yunho open his eyes before looking behind him.

 

“You just know how to ruin my mood in the early morning, don’t you?” Donghae grin at him before getting out of the room. Yunho sigh, rolling off the bed. He takes his shirt off before standing outside his bedroom door.

 

“Can I get two of you to stand by the bed?” Yunho ordered before getting inside the bathroom once he sees two guards standing by the bed where Jaejoong was sleeping.

 

Once he showers, Yunho walk back to bed fully clothed. He thank the guards, dismissing them before sitting down on the bed.

 

“Jaejoong.” Yunho called, shaking the man slightly.

 

“Jae…”

 

“Five more minutes, Yejin ah.” Jaejoong mumbled, frowning as he continue to sleep. Yunho chuckled, leaning closer.

 

“Come on, Jae...You need to wake up.” Yunho cooed, nudging Jaejoong’s cheek with his nose.

 

“Jae…” The consort didn’t answer, still wanting to sleep. Yunho decides it was time for the consort to learn about protocol.

 

“Gun!” Yunho shouted into his ear and Jaejoong’s eyes flew wide open, grabbing the blanket and covering himself with it. Yunho laughed, seeing Jaejoong’s reaction. He leapt on the covered man, hands not letting Jaejoong to get out.

 

Got you.”

 

“Help!” Jaejoong shouted, panic in his mind thinking that they were getting ambushed.

 

Just like what he had thought they were going to be when he insisted on sleeping with Yunho.

 

“Yunho!” Jaejoong’s voice cracked calling for his partner. He felt the blanket being pulled away and Jaejoong shut his eyes tight.

 

“Hey, I’m just kidding. Relax…” Yunho said, hands on Jaejoong’s cheek. “It’s me. Don’t worry. You’re fine.”

 

The consort open his eyes upon hearing Yunho’s voice talking to him.

 

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry.” The Prince immediately apologised when he sees the tears in Jaejoong’s eyes. He immediately hug Jaejoong tight, knowing that it was his fault.

 

“I’m sorry. I thought you would find it funny.” Yunho insisted and Jaejoong sigh, feeling exhausted from the fear and panic.

 

Jaejoong rest his forehead on Yunho’s shoulder, sighing again.

 

“At this rate, I’m going to die of a heart attack before somebody kills me. What kind of sick man wakes his lover up with a gun threat!” Jaejoong retorted, pinching Yunho’s side.

 

“For the record, I deserved that.” Yunho said, pulling away. “You should go shower. I’ll wait outside. Or do you want me to stand guard inside the bathroom too?”

 

“Very funny. I’ll go shower in my own room.”

 

“You can always use my bathroom.” Yunho offered, following the man as they walk out of the bedroom.

 

“That’s alright, Yunho.”

 

“Hey.” Yunho catch the consort’s hand, causing Jaejoong to turn to look at him.

 

“I’m sorry. About just now.” Yunho said. The Prince felt really bad for causing Jaejoong to panic like that.

 

“Promise you won’t do that again.” Jaejoong whispered, hand caressing Yunho’s cheek.

 

“Never.” Yunho replied, leaning closer to kiss him but Jaejoong was quick to back away.

 

“No! No kissing before I shower.” Jaejoong said before getting inside his room.

 

Yunho laughed at the man who ran into the bathroom before sitting down at the living room. Donghae came in a while later, holding a file tightly.

 

“Sir.” Donghae called discreetly, standing by Yunho.

 

“Is that it?” Yunho asked, not looking at his butler. Instead he was browsing through a magazine, gazing mindlessly at the pictures.

 

“We found a few connections and phone calls but that’s all.” Donghae informed.

 

“Alright. Keep it in my safe and get ready for school.” Yunho mumbled and the butler left.

 

The Prince waited for Jaejoong to get ready before they both strolled to the Main Palace for the morning greeting, slowly taking their time.

 

“You know, we should go for a trip some time. You promised you would bring me when you went to Jeju.” Jaejoong said.

 

“I just gave you a studio and you want a holiday now?”

 

“Too early?” The consort asked, grinning. Yunho rolled his eyes, his hand casually wrapping itself around Jaejoong’s waist.

 

“That actually sounds good. I’ll talk to Father about it later.” Yunho said as they reach the throne room.

 

They entered the room after the announcement of their arrival. Yunho concealed his sigh, seeing Yoochun sitting on his space. The Crown Prince calmly walk over with Jaejoong in hand, shoving Yoochun off the couch before taking his place.

 

“Good morning, Father.” Ilwoo decides to ignore what Yunho had did, choosing to acknowledge his greeting instead.

 

“I arranged a scheduled two nights trip for my two sons. Yunho, I want you to show Yoochun what you have been doing for the military. I want him to learn from you.”

 

“Sure. When?”

 

“You shall leave tonight. Don’t worry about school. I have that handled.” Yunho look at Jaejoong. The two had thought of the same thing. After all, they wanted to go for a trip.

 

“Can’t this wait? I have something planned with Jaejoong.” Ilwoo raised his eyebrows upon hearing that.

 

“I’m sorry but did you not hear me? We need to establish Yoochun’s presence in the army fast.”

 

“Well, can’t you make him go for interviews first? I promised Jaejoong that we’ll go for a trip.”

 

“I can...I can compromise.” Jaejoong interjected and Yunho look at him, facial expressions trying to tell his consort to keep quiet.

 

Yunho was going to win this fight and it will not help if Jaejoong offered a different idea.

 

“I can go with them. If you allow that, Your Majesty.” Jaejoong offered. Ilwoo stared at the royal consort before shaking his head.

 

“No. Having you there beside Yunho will just distract him.”

 

“He’s my royal consort. Jaejoong is supposed to be there with me.” Yunho answered back, this time holding onto Jaejoong’s hand tightly.

 

“The answer is still no. You are to report to the military base with Yoochun tonight at 7. No more questions.” Ilwoo ordered, concluding their morning greeting.

 

“Jae, can you show Yoochun where the dining room is? I would like to talk to my Father in private. No need to start eating with him. We’ll have breakfast in our Palace.” Yunho said, letting go of Jaejoong’s hand.

 

Seeing the cue, Yoochun decided to stand up as he follows Jaejoong out.

 

“Look, I get it that you want to fit in your son inside the royal family. Especially with how all royal bloodlines are supposed to be military trained but I have other priorities to think off right now. My royal consort is one of them. I will tolerate this trip but don’t expect anything more than that, Your Majesty.” Yunho said, choosing to stand then.

 

“Now that you are slated for the throne, everybody will be looking at you closely. I need you to be more open with Yoochun, Yunho. It’s for your own good.” Ilwoo advised.

 

“How do you expect me to tolerate him when I know he was the reason my sister died? Are you telling me to just forget about everything and welcome him with my arms open? Father, I am not going to go against my principles just so you will be happy seeing your two sons in one big family. That will never happen. Not in our family.” Yunho said before leaving the throne room.

 

Jaejoong was waiting for him, choosing to lean against the wall.

 

“Where is he?”

 

“Yoochun? I asked one of the guards to send him instead.” Jaejoong replied.

 

“And you’ve been waiting here? For me?” Yunho questioned, couldn’t believe that Jaejoong had did that.

 

After all, his consort doesn’t wait for Yunho this way.

 

“You alright?” Jaejoong asked, coming closer before sliding his hand down to hold Yunho’s hand.

 

“Nothing weird about a morning banter. Though we still can’t go for the trip.” Yunho said.

 

“That’s okay. We can do that some other time. Come on, let’s go for breakfast.” Jaejoong said, tugging on Yunho’s hand.

 

They walked back to the East Palace, having their breakfast after that. Yunho was not happy with what was coming, especially when he sees Yoochun sitting in his living room.

 

“What did I say of you not being welcome here?” The Crown Prince asked, standing in front of the man dressed in a school uniform.

 

“The same thing that I choose to ignore. Dad said I should take the car with you.” Yunho frowned once he heard that.

 

“Two things. One, it’s Father. We’re not allowed to call in such a casual way. So, it’s Father for you. And two, I’m driving the car. You take one of the guard’s car instead.” Yunho said, taking his bag from Donghae’s hand before leaving with Jaejoong.

 

“See you at school.” The royal consort said before Yunho pulled him out to the car. Yoochun’s eyes followed Yunho’s car out of the road.

 

“Oh, I so want to destroy you, Jung Yunho.” Yoochun mumbled to himself, choosing to stand up only when one of the guards had beckoned for him to follow them.

 

Jaejoong looked behind as the car drives through the East Palace gates.

 

“Are you sure we shouldn’t bring Yoochun together with us? Father did say that we should be going to school together with Yoochun.” Jaejoong said, feeling pitiful for the new royal.

 

“No two heirs of the throne should be travelling in the same vehicle at any point of time. It’s to make sure that we don’t get killed together.” Yunho explained and Jaejoong grimaced, imagining the worst.

 

Yunho and Yoochun dead in a car pile up.

 

“That is so dark…” Jaejoong mumbled.

 

“We should be alright as long as I stick with you and he mind his own business.”

 

“You’re never going to call Yoochun by his name, aren’t you?”

 

“Am I obligated to do so?” Yunho questioned, getting annoyed as Jaejoong can’t stop talking about that new brother of his.

 

“Well I think that you should accept it and work on building your relationship with Yoochun.” Jaejoong babbled on, not aware of the increasing tension.

 

“Build a relationship? Are you kidding me? Jae, you know who he is, right?”

 

“I know...but that was his mother you were talking about. Father did say during the press conference that you two will be working together so isn’t it better if you are in a good relationship with each other. We can’t just judge a person based on their parents. I mean...if I were to judge you based on your parents, I would be thinking that you have a child with Junsu that I don’t know of.”

 

Yunho’s frown was now imminent and the reporters waiting at the school gates captured the Prince’s sour expression. Yunho stops the car abruptly in front of the school building.

 

“Are you trying to kills us?!” Jaejoong almost shouted after feeling his body being slammed forward because of the force of the car.

 

“First of all, I would never try to kill you. I love you too much to do that. Second, it’s my right whether to like the man or hate him. Third, if you think that Yoochun is so good and kind and so open to everyone, why don’t you go with him then? After all, you’re supposed to be married to the heir of the throne and not to me exactly. So I can just abdicate the throne and let you and Yoochun live happily ever after. That is what you want, right?” Yunho growled at the end of his rant before getting out of the car.

 

He slammed the door close before walking passed the car, not even bothering to open the door for Jaejoong.

 

“Are you actually angry with me? Jung Yunho!” The Crown Prince had stopped walking, turning around to look at Jaejoong. The consort had a questioning look on him, wondering what was wrong with his lover that morning.

 

“What are you waiting for? Yoochun to open the door for you?” Yunho spat out angrily before climbing up the stairs. Donghae had approached Jaejoong, wanting to open the door for the poor consort but the man had pushed Donghae away.

 

“Don’t bother!” Jaejoong scowled, opening the door by himself before trudging to class.

 

He reached the classroom, seeing that it was empty except for Yunho sitting by himself at his table. Jaejoong stomped to his seat and open his locker door loudly. He throw his bag inside, slamming the door close.

 

The sound cause Yunho to look at him. Jaejoong glared at the Crown Prince, all the while flipping the pages in his book harshly.

 

“Are you angry with me?” Yunho asked, feeling ridiculous that Jaejoong was the one angry at him.

 

After all, Yunho was the one at the end of hearing Jaejoong praising Yoochun. The royal consort had kept silent, choosing to play with his phone now.

 

“You’re not even going to talk to me?” Yunho asked and silence was his answer.

 

“Fine! Go talk to Yoochun then if you like him so much.” Yunho said, ending the conversation. He was about to walk out of the room when he bumped into Yoochun with Junsu tailing him.

 

“Oh brother! Let me introduce you to my friend, Kim Junsu. Father gave special permission to allow me to bring Junsu into the class.” Yunho look at Junsu who has shamelessly wrapped his arms around Yoochun before his eyes went into the classroom, choosing to look at Jaejoong.

 

The royal consort stare at Yunho, awaiting his reaction.

 

“Look Jae, your new friend.” Yunho said before walking off.

 

Jaejoong had expected a reaction along the lines of Junsu not being allowed inside the class but instead the Crown Prince had taken a jab on their argument. Yoochun walk in with Junsu, greeting Jaejoong who was still sitting in his seat.

 

“What’s with him? So moody in the morning.” Jaejoong gave Yoochun an apologetic smile as an answer before excusing himself, choosing to look for Yunho.

 

The royal consort found him in their room, sitting on the couch by himself.

 

“Yunho.” Jaejoong called, standing by the door.

 

Yunho’s eyes look at him before he the television, choosing to watch the sports channel instead. Jaejoong walk in, closing the door on Donghae who had wanted to come in. He sat down on the edge of the couch, staring back at the Crown Prince.

 

Yunho had shifted his gaze when Jaejoong had covered his line of sight.

 

“Yunho…” Jaejoong called but the man just chided him.

 

“Can you move?” The Crown Prince asked with a frown on his face. Jaejoong instead move closer towards Yunho, staring intently at the man.

 

“Go away. Go back to Yoochun if you want to.” Yunho said harshly, choosing to ignore Jaejoong’s advances. The consort reach out to caress Yunho’s cheek.

 

“Are you mad at me? I’m sorry, Yunho.” Jaejoong said, wanting to apologise for talking about Yoochun too much.

 

After all, Jaejoong knows Yunho didn’t like the new royal.

 

Jaejoong had spaced out, thinking about it that he only snapped out of his trance when Yunho had pulled him by the collar. Jaejoong gasped, feeling the close proximity between the two of them. His eyes constantly blinked as Yunho glared down on him.

 

“Yunho.” Jaejoong called, wanting to sound tough. Instead, all that came out from Jaejoong’s mouth was a soft whimper of the name.

 

“Now that you know you are wrong, don’t do it again.” Yunho whispered, voice just enough for the two of them to hear. Jaejoong nod in reply.

 

“Good.” Yunho said before placing a kiss on Jaejoong. He pull back a few seconds later, seeing Jaejoong grin at him.

 

“You’re lucky you’re cute, Jae.” Yunho mumbled, pulling Jaejoong to lie down beside him.

 

“Aren’t we going to class?”

 

“Later…” Yunho said, choosing to watch the basketball match playing on the television.

 

Jaejoong look at Yunho, staring at the man who was watching the match happening intently.

 

“What is it, Jae?” Jaejoong kept silent, not moving his gaze.

 

“If it’s about Yoochun, you better don’t say it.” Yunho warned.

 

“No...it’s not about Yoochun.”

 

“Then?” Yunho asked, this time looking at his consort.

 

“I was just wondering...do you have like a hidden child with Junsu that I don’t know of?”

 

“Are you serious right now?” The Prince questioned. Again, the consort had indirectly mentioned about his brother.

 

“Well I thought, since your father took 20 years to announce Yoochun’s existence, I should get ready in case you do the same thing.”

 

“Who do you think I am? I can’t even believe that you actually thought of something like that. I’m not like my father, Jaejoong.” Yunho said, standing up immediately.

 

“True, I may have done things with Junsu but that doesn’t mean I will let my own child deprived of his own parent’s love. Being a person that was lacked of love in his first few years, I thought you would understand that. I’m disappointed with you, Jae.” The royal said before leaving the room.

 

Yunho didn’t even bother to take another look at the consort who was still seated on the couch. Jaejoong knew this time he was really at fault. Seeing Yunho so upset like that was really rare.

 

The consort let out a silent sigh before walking back to the classroom alone. He was about to take a left turn when he felt someone pulling him back.

 

“Jaejoong!”  The said man turned around, instantly hitting the familiar man.

 

“Don’t scare me like that, Changmin.” His tall friend grinned playfully before suggesting Jaejoong to join him for a quick snack at the cafeteria.

 

“I should get going. Class is going to start soon.” Hearing that made Changmin shake his head.

 

“Fine, you good royal. Let’s go.” Changmin said, pulling Jaejoong to start walking.

 

“So Yoochun is a Prince, huh? What a shocker…” Changmin continued, wanting to get Jaejoong to start talking again.

 

“Yeah...we found out about it yesterday too.”

 

“How is Yunho coping?”

 

“Oh, he’s furious. We were kicked out of the throne room when Yunho started to attack Yoochun yesterday.” Jaejoong revealed.

 

“Yunho attack him? Wow, that is some fierce siblings rivalry.” Changmin replied, noting the information.

 

After all, he was fishing for other stuff. Other things like the royal couple being attacked in Jaejoong’s house.

 

“So did anything else happened? The number of guards in class just doubled in size. Someone tried to shoot you two yesterday?” Changmin asked.

 

Jaejoong kept silent, changing the topic as he keeps his distance from Changmin.

 

The consort was sure that no one knows about what had happened at his house so it was suspicious enough for Changmin to know about it.

 

The two walk into the classroom and Jaejoong immediately look to Yunho. The Prince look back at him, noting Changmin walking behind Jaejoong.

 

Yunho cleared his throat, turning back to his book. Jaejoong frowned, going back to his seat without another glance at Changmin who was saying something.

 

The class went on smoothly for the rest of the day, with Yunho mostly ignoring Jaejoong’s advances.

 

Once the last school bell rang, Jaejoong reluctantly starts to pack his bag. He takes his own sweet time before looking at Yunho’s table.

 

Surprisingly, the royal heir was packing his bags slowly. Jaejoong decides to walk up to him, choosing to stand in front of Yunho’s table.

 

“Are you going straight from here?” Jaejoong asked though he knew that Yunho will only report in a few more hours.

 

Before Jaejoong can get an answer, Yoochun had interrupted them. “Dad just texted me saying that I have some interviews to go with him before we go for the trip. I’ll wait for you guys outside?”

 

Yunho just dismissed his brother, waving the man away. Yoochun shrugged, walking out of the classroom with a hidden smile after sharing a secret nod to Changmin.

 

The student look to the royal couple, worried about what was going to come. Yunho glance at Jaejoong before carrying his bag over his shoulder.

 

“Yunho. I’m sorry. Are you not going to talk to me?” Jaejoong asked, eyebrows furrowed as he realises that he must have hurt Yunho so much that the royal prince didn’t bother to look at him again.

 

“Why don’t you wait for me inside the car?” Yunho asked and Jaejoong frowned, nodding slowly as he left first.

 

Changmin’s eyes followed Jaejoong out before he too stands up, wanting to warn the royal. He was then held back by Junsu.

 

“Changmin, don’t you dare tell him.” Junsu hissed, voice hushed.

 

“I need to warn him. You’re targetting Yunho not him.” Changmin replied, pushing Junsu away.

 

“Do whatever you want. If Yoochun knows about this...don’t blame us. We warned you.” Junsu threatened before leaving.

 

Jaejoong was long gone by then and Changmin had no choice but to warn Yunho instead.

 

“You need to get to Jaejoong now.” Changmin said, eyes showing the fear that he had.

 

“What’s going on?” Yunho asked, knowing something must have happened.

 

“I…” Changmin look around, his hands clasped together nervously. The student knows if he says it, that just means he was involved with it.

 

“Shim Changmin, I know this has something to do with Jaejoong. Tell me now.”

 

“Hypothetically, someone might get shot.”

 

Alarm bells ring in Yunho’s brain.

 

“I left Jaejoong alone. Damn it, Changmin!” Yunho shouted, pushing the man aside as he run out. The other guards with him ran together as they start to shout into their intercom.

 

“Secure the swan!” Donghae shouted into his intercom, running down the stairs with Yunho leading them. The Prince sees Jaejoong waiting for him outside the car.

 

“Yunho?” Jaejoong called, wondering why the man was running towards him.

 

A red light flash pass Yunho’s eyes.

 

“Jaejoong, get down!” Yunho roared, wanting to get to Jaejoong. He was pulled back into the building when shots were fired.

 

“Yunho!” Jaejoong shouted, immediately hiding behind the bulletproof wheel. Yunho tried to look out but he was pulled back by Donghae.

 

“Yunho, it’s dangerous.” The butler said firmly.

 

“Jaejoong is out there!” Yunho shouted, pushing Donghae before running out.

 

Yunho stumbled back, feeling the impact of the bullets hitting his shoulder. His eyes fall to Jaejoong, ducking away before shielding Jaejoong with his own body.

 

The guards were engaged in a gunfight, aiming at the tree that seems to magically pointing bullets at them. Donghae run to Yunho, opening the car door and pushing the royal couple inside.

 

“Go go!” Donghae shouted to the driver as soon as he was in.

 

By then, Jaejoong was wide-eyed as he look at Yunho’s bleeding shoulder. The Prince groaned in pain, finally feeling the bullet inside him.

 

“He’s bleeding. Oh my god, he’s bleeding. Yunho, we need to get you to the hospital.” Jaejoong said, worried about Yunho. Instead, the man bleeding on his shoulder rub the blood away from Jaejoong’s cheek.

 

“Jaejoong’s hurt. We need to go to the hospital.” Yunho said, turning to Donghae.

 

“We have to assume all public places are compromised. I’m sending you two back to the Palace.” Donghae decided. “Just hold on a little more, Your Highness.”

 

Yunho nod, pressing on the wound to stop the blood from coming out.

 

“There’s no hospital in the Palace. We need the hospital, Donghae.” Jaejoong insisted.

 

“Jaejoong.”

 

“No don’t say anything, Yunho. Drive to the hospital!” Jaejoong shouted, starting to panic as he sees that Yunho was still bleeding.

 

Yunho pulled Jaejoong close, kissing the man to keep him quiet. Jaejoong grunted, feeling Yunho’s tongue on his lips. The royal pulled back, resting his head weakly.

 

“There. You’re quiet now. I’m fine, Jaejoong.” Yunho said, taking off his shirt.

 

Underneath his shirt was a black vest and the bullet had went through the thick fabric. Yunho pulled the vest slightly, hissing immediately as he felt the pain from the bullet pulling out of his skin.

 

“D-don’t touch that.” Jaejoong said, in a worried mess.

 

“I’ve had worse, Jaejoong. Please don’t worry about it.” Hearing that, Jaejoong hit the man slightly.

 

“What were you thinking?! Running out to save me like that.”

 

“You were calling for me. I had to do something.” Yunho defended himself.

 

“You almost got yourself killed.”

 

“Well I’m still arguing with you now, right?”

 

Donghae shakes his head, letting the couple sitting at the back of the car continue bickering.

 

Even in the most dangerous times, the two still had the opportunity to fight.

 

“We found the gun. It’s an automatic. It seems like it’s motion-sensored.” Donghae hang up as soon as the guards gave him the report.

 

He sigh, recalling the things that has happened. Yoochun had left the building first before the other two. However, only the royal couple was targeted.

 

“Something is going on.” Donghae thought to himself, making a note to check on Yoochun’s schedule after school.

 

 
 

I know...it has been such a long time since I updated. I hope I didn't lose you all, my lovely readers. Hope you had fun reading!