The Aftermath

Our Royal Hours

“Please don't leave me for him.” Yunho said out loud, turning back to look at Jaejoong.

“Don't leave me Jaejoong. Please.” The young man pleaded, not wanting to believe that what he had feared has come true eventually.

Jaejoong prefer Changmin over him.

Jaejoong doesn't like him at all.

“Yunho.” Jaejoong called, seeing the man in front of him drop tears as if he had just been fed with the world’s worst news.

“You promised me, Jaejoong. You promised me we will be together.” Yunho said.

“What? Of course, Yunho. I will always be with you.” Jaejoong innocently said, not understanding what is going on.

“No...wait what?” Yunho asked, he himself unsure whether he heard it right.

“What’s wrong, Yunho?”

“I...you...I...I mean...I thought…” Yunho can’t seem to find his words as he sat there gaping at Jaejoong.

“You thought I was going to leave you?” Yunho wanted to deny it but he finally just let out a huge sigh before nodding.

“Yes.” He breathes out.

This time, Jaejoong gave Yunho a smile. A smile that Yunho had just realised to be very beautiful.

“I’m not going to leave you, Jung Yunho.” Jaejoong said, chuckling as he come closer to the man. Jaejoong leaned even closer, eyes staring at Yunho.

“At least until our three year contract ends.”

Hearing that made Yunho realise that same fact.

“Oh.” His eyes starts to water but Yunho just smile, trying to hide his pain.

“Kim Jaejoong.” Yunho called, reaching out to hold Jaejoong’s hand.

“Let’s be happy together.” Yunho continued, placing a kiss on the back of Jaejoong’s hand.

Jaejoong hugged him, treating the man like a friend as Yunho feels a teardrop on his cheek.

“As long as I can see him smile, I don’t mind. I’ll hold on to him. At least for three years.” Yunho thought to himself, pulling away.

“Your Highness, sorry to disturb you but we have just received information that the doctor has released Mr Kim. You may proceed back to his room now.” The guard said before returning back to his position.

“Let’s go see what the doctor says.” Yunho said, pulling Jaejoong up after he himself had stand.

“I hope he’s fine.” Jaejoong said, trying to steady himself.

Once he was sure that he had stand up properly, he took one step forward. Jaejoong immediately faltered, almost falling forward but Yunho grabbed hold of him.

“You alright?” Yunho asked worriedly, holding the man up.

“I’m fine. I think it was a wrong step or something.” Jaejoong said, ignoring the headache that came with the falter.

“You want to sit down first? I think we should sit down.” Yunho said, wanting to push Jaejoong to sit but the man shake his head, insisting that he’s fine.

“I can sit down in my dad’s room.” Jaejoong said and Yunho decided to obey, bringing Jaejoong to the room. Once they were back, Jaejoong sees his father sleeping.

“The doctor said he just needs rest. The infection is gone but he will still be taking medication just for some precaution.” Heechul said, informing the two.

“Did you ask when can we bring him home?” Jaejoong said, hoping that it will be soon.

“I can ask if you want, Jae.” Heechul said before leaving the room to find the doctor.

“Sit down.” Yunho said, still worried over Jaejoong. Yunho knew the man have been feeling well but almost falling forward like that means something must be wrong. Jaejoong sat down on his father’s bed, looking at the sleeping man.

“Should we just get a check up for you? Just in case.” Yunho said but the stubborn man shake his head.

“I’m fine, Yunho. I just took a bad step. That’s all.” Jaejoong replied, turning back to look at his father. Yunho sat down behind Jaejoong, supporting him from behind as Jaejoong leaned back.

“I think you should sleep. Maybe you didn’t get enough rest.” Yunho suggested.

Jaejoong knew he cannot stop the Crown Prince so he just nod and rest his head on Yunho’s shoulder. After a while, Jaejoong’s body became heavy and he had started to lean further away from Yunho.

The royal carried him before setting Jaejoong down on the couch. He takes off his jacket, placing it over Jaejoong. Yunho was about to walk away but Jaejoong held on to his hand.

“Don’t leave me.” Jaejoong mumbled, eyes still close. Yunho smile, kneeling in front of the sleeping man.

A mirror image of what had happened last night.

“I won’t leave you. I promise you that. Sleep tight.” Yunho said, placing a soft kiss on Jaejoong’s forehead.

 


 

Jaejoong woke up two hours later, surprised to see himself lying on the couch and a jacket over him instead of leaning against Yunho at his father’s bed. Yunho was sitting on the floor, directly in front of him. He was scrolling through the news, half-expecting articles about his father-in-law.

However, there was none that are degrading except for the ones that are released by the Palace and the Kim Corporations. Yunho chanced upon the news article where a paparazzi had taken photos of the royal couple in school.

Specifically, pictures of when they were together alone and Yunho hugged Jaejoong from behind. Yunho chuckled, staring at the picture for a long time. As much as he didn’t like reporters invading their privacy, he likes it when those reporters start to post pictures of them two being lovable.

“You like it so much?” Jaejoong asked suddenly which made Yunho turn around in shock.

“You scared me. Why didn’t you tell me that you wake up already?” Yunho asked but Jaejoong just giggled, trying to take a peek at Yunho’s phone.

“Oh see. Some reporter post pictures of us.” Yunho continued, pointing the phone screen directly at Jaejoong’s eyes.

“Too bright.” Jaejoong immediately said, shielding his eyes.

“Ah sorry. My bad.” Yunho adjusted the screen brightness before showing it  again.

“These are taken at school.”

“You know...I just realised something. We never take a picture together.” Yunho said.

“Just search for royal couple. We’re probably the first couple to come up on the search.”

“No...I meant a photo with just us. Not with a watermark at the bottom of the photo claiming that the photo is theirs.”

Jaejoong finally agreed and Yunho happily turns on the camera on his phone. The two looked at the camera, lips forming a bright smile before Yunho takes a picture.

“There. Happy enough?” Jaejoong asked, wanting to get comfortable again.

“No. One more.” Yunho said.

Jaejoong obliged and look to the camera. Yunho look at Jaejoong before grabbing his chin and kissing him. He expertly grabs a picture of that before putting the phone down.

Yunho climbs up the couch, lips still attached to Jaejoong. Yunho pull back once he was above Jaejoong, those sweet lips before claiming it again.

“Mmm…” Jaejoong moaned, fingers curling into Yunho’s hair as he pulled Yunho closer. The man roam his hands down Jaejoong’s torso, wanting to feel Jaejoong’s body against his.

“Jaejoong.” Yunho breathed out, pulling away inches from the man under him. Yunho brought his hand up to Jaejoong’s face, caressing his cheek as he sees the man trying to regain his breathing.

“You’re so beautiful.” Yunho said, still looking at Jaejoong’s breathtaking expression.

“I know.” Yunho frown, hearing that but not seeing Jaejoong’s lips moving.

“Really you two. You decide to do this in your father’s hospital room?” The two looked to the hospital bed.

“Daddy!”

Yunho felt himself being pushed down to the floor as Jaejoong sit up.

“Jae, no need to be so rough.” Yunho said, nursing his elbow.

“Oops sorry…” Jaejoong muttered, giving a grin at Yunho.

“Sorry to interrupt you two but I am the sick man lying on the hospital bed here.” Kangwoo said, wanting to tease the two.

“Heechul said that once you have the energy, we can check you out.” Yunho said, standing up and following Jaejoong to sit on one side of the hospital bed.

“That’s great. I want to quickly get out from here and go back to work. No one has been there and I doubt Jaejoong did anything at the company.”

“Heechul is there to take over. You need to rest.” Jaejoong said, choking on his own saliva before coughing. Yunho rushed to Jaejoong’s side immediately, rubbing Jaejoong’s back.

“You alright?” Jaejoong nodded, trying to control his breathing again.

“Jae.” Yunho called, eyebrows furrowing when he sees the color on Jaejoong’s face draining. Yunho instinctively place the back of his hand on Jaejoong’s forehead, feeling the heat radiating from the man.

“You’re sick.”

“I’m fine.” Jaejoong insisted, glaring at Yunho as he didn’t want his father to be worried.

“Are you alright, Jaejun?” Kangwoo asked, hand placed on Jaejoong’s thigh.

I’m fine, Daddy. Really.” Jaejoong said, his face softening to form a smile.

“Make sure you take care of yourself.” Kangwoo said before looking at his son-in-law.

“Yunho.”

“Yes Sir.”

“Take care of him. Jaejoong is very stubborn when it comes to being sick. Even if he says he’s fine, make sure he’s taken care of.” Yunho nod, seeing that the older man was talking so seriously.

“Geez Dad, you sound like you’re going to leave me or something. You should change and then we can go home.” Jaejoong said.

“I’ll handle the paperwork.” Yunho offered, deciding to give some time between the father and son.

“Thank you, Yunho.” Kangwoo said, eyes following the Prince until the man had left the room.

“Ok spill it. What is going on with you two?” Jaejoong shot his father a confused look, not understanding his question.

“He looks very worried about you which is weird. Especially with how he goes out with his friend every other day.” Kangwoo said.

“He doesn’t do that anymore, Dad…”

“Jaejoong, listen to me. I should have said this before you two get married but if Yunho doesn’t treat you well, I won’t be angry with you if you decide to separate with him. As much as this is my father’s last wish, I do not want to see an innocent person suffering because of my father.” Kangwoo said.

Truthfully, he has seen all those articles on Yunho gallivanting with Junsu out in the open. That was the main reason he had collapsed in the office. Following his late father’s wishes was one thing but hurting his precious son’s feelings because of it is another thing.

“I was the one who decided I will marry him, Daddy. Please. Let me handle this by my own.” Jaejoong said, getting his father to change his clothes.

As much as Jaejoong knows that Yunho told him that he wants them to be happy together, he knows the Prince too well to trust him so easily. But two can play the game. Jaejoong will play along with Yunho as long as that contract still stands.

Yunho came back in a few minutes later, announcing that they are ready to move.

“Yunho, how long are we going to stay in my house?” Jaejoong asked once they were in their car.

You’re staying in our house?” Kangwoo asked, surprised that no one told him about it.

“Ah yes. In tradition, the royal family usually send the newlywed couple to the parent’s house for a week. Though, I apologise that we did it quite late.” Yunho explained.

“No that’s alright, Yunho.” Kangwoo said.

“Are you sure about this? Because my house don’t really have servants to serve you. Plus, contrary to our wealth, my family eats simple dishes. Not plated ones.” Jaejoong said.

Yunho looked at him, amused that Jaejoong is trying to explain the difference between their two lives.

“I have you. Why do I need anybody else?” Yunho asked, taking hold of Jaejoong’s hand and kissing it.

Jaejoong looked into Yunho’s eyes, wondering whether the man was for real. Whether the man really is sincerely wanting to build a relationship with him.

 

 


 

Okay I get it. I shall not take down the story. As much as I wanted to, I didn't feel good letting everyone read an unfinished story. So...this is the last chapter for this week. Have a great weekend!