Talk To Me, Jaejoong

Our Royal Hours

“What were you thinking?” Sujin questioned, her voice loud and clear for Jaejoong.

“I apologise, Your Majesty.” Jaejoong said.

“What made you behave like this? You were alright the past three weeks. I even let you meet your father on Saturday. Is it so hard for you to follow your schedule? You were supposed to go to school, Consort. Then back to the Palace.”

“I’m sorry, Your Majesty.” Jaejoong said again. He knew that he won’t be able to explain the fact that he just want some free time by himself. Without the bodyguards.

“From now on, your guards will stay in your room by the door. Wherever you go, you must be accompanied by a guard. Do you understand me?” Sujin asked and Jaejoong just nod weakly.

Half of Sujin wanted to take back her words, seeing how the young man seemed very upset.

“Go back to your room now.” Sujin finally said after sighing.

“I’ll take my leave first, Your Majesty. Have a nice day.” Jaejoong said before leaving the throne room.

Jaejoong walked out, seeing the amount of guards have doubled in size. With his back hunched slightly, Jaejoong dragged himself to the East Palace.

He knew that even if he goes back quickly, there’s nothing he can do. Except for staring at the four grand walls or watching TV reruns.

To be honest, without Yunho beside him, Jaejoong was finally feeling the void of absence. He was feeling lonely.

“Yes Sir, he’s back. Would you like to talk to him?” Jaejoong heard Yejin talk on the phone.

“Of course, Your Highness. Please hold on.” Yejin said, smiling at Jaejoong.

“His Highness would like to talk to you, Sir.” Yejin informed Jaejoong. handing out the phone to him. Jaejoong glared at Yejin, the source of all of this misunderstanding before saying.

“Tell him to go to hell.” Jaejoong hissed, knowing that Yunho can hear that before pressing the end call button.

Well, he is lonely and maybe missing Yunho but that doesn’t mean he wants to talk to the damn man.

“Jae-what the...he hang up on me!” Yunho cried out, looking at Donghae. The butler shrugged, knowing that the consort would have done that.

“I guess you owe someone an apology.” Donghae said, getting Yunho to sit behind a table to finish up some work.

“Why should I? He was the one who went missing.”

“You were the one who ignored his calls first.”

“Lee Donghae.”

“And also brought Junsu here.” Donghae reminded the Prince. “Whatever happened here stays here.”

“Of course, Sir.” The butler responded, leaving to get Yunho his food.

The next morning, Jaejoong decide to go for a morning run. He gathered the guards, tell them to change into sports clothes before they head to the gardens.

“Sir, what made you decide to go for a run this morning?” One of them asked, running beside Jaejoong.

Some were running in front and the back of Jaejoong. As well as the sides. Leaving no space for Jaejoong to get ambushed or killed.

Jaejoong didn’t answer, wanting to focus on his breathing. They run past a cordoned off area. There were workers building something and they seem shocked to see the royal running past them.

“Good morning.” Jaejoong greeted before he circled back on the route to the East Palace.

“Sir. His Highness is back from Jeju.”

Jaejoong’s anger immediately came back when he heard that. He had calmed down over the night but the mention of Yunho just made him furious again. He run on the pavement leading to the entrance of the East Palace.

Coincidentally, two cars were pulling up and Yunho came out from one.

“Jae? Did you go for a run? I thought I told you to stay inside the whole time.” Yunho said, seeing the man running to him. Jaejoong stopped, turning to the guards behind him.

“Thank you, everyone.” Jaejoong said, turning around back to Yunho.

Instead of acknowledging Yunho’s presence, Jaejoong went into the East Palace, a frown on his face.

“Jaejoong.” Yunho called, seeing Jaejoong walking away from him.

Yunho looked at Donghae who had shrugged again before proceeding to get Yunho’s luggage from the car. Yunho walked in, wanting to get to Jaejoong but the man was quick enough to hide himself in the bathroom.

Two guards were in Jaejoong’s room, standing by the door. Yunho knew he would have to wait for a long time if he wait in Jaejoong’s bedroom so he went back to his room. He knew he can see Jaejoong again at breakfast after all.

However, he thought wrong.

When Jaejoong walked out of his room in his school uniform, Yejin had approached him.

“Your Highness, breakfast is served in the dining room.” Yejin said.

“It’s alright, Yejin. I don’t feel like eating.” Jaejoong said when he sees Yunho’s bedroom lights .

“You’re going to school straight, Jaejoong ah?” Yejin asked.

“Yeah. I saw on my schedule that I don’t have a morning greeting. So I’m going straight.” Jaejoong said.

“But His Highness just came back.”

“Tell His Highness that if he’s so busy, he can skip school or don’t go to school even. I. Don’t. Care.” Jaejoong said, turning to leave. He head out of the East Palace but Jaejoong was stopped when someone hold on to his wrist.

“Jaejoong.” Yunho called, pulling Jaejoong to look at him. “At least have breakfast first.”

Jaejoong stared at him before he takes out his phone.

“I’m full.” He typed in front of Yunho before looking at his guards.

“Tell His Highness that he can eat breakfast by himself.” Jaejoong said before getting on the car.

“Drive.”

“Stop.” Yunho ordered, holding the door before Jaejoong can close it.

“Jaejoong. Breakfast. Now.” Yunho insisted but the man just push Yunho away before closing the door.

The car moves as Yunho stood by the entrance. Jaejoong looked behind, seeing the Prince still standing there before looking to the front.

“Let's hurry. We don't want to be late.” Jaejoong said, choosing to look out at the window.

Yunho went back into his Palace, seeing the lights in Jaejoong’s bedroom turned off. His heart sank immediately, remembering how Jaejoong had looked at him as if he was just a vacant, emotionless object.

“Would you like to continue breakfast, Sir?” Donghae asked and Yunho shake his head, saying that he's going to the Main Palace for the morning greeting.

“I will prepare the presents you bought.” Donghae said but Yunho didn't reply, his mind occupied as he brings himself to the throne room.

“His Royal Highness Crown Prince Jung Yunho is here for the morning greeting.” One of the palace maids announced and Yunho was called in.

“Good morning, Father. Good morning, Mother.” Yunho greeted, taking his seat.

“Where is Jaejoong?” Ilwoo asked, seeing that his son was alone.

“He went off to school.” Yunho mumbled, loud enough for his parents to hear as he played with the side of his chair.

Ilwoo looked at Sujin, wondering what is going on with his son that morning.

“So tell me about your weekend.” Ilwoo said and as if on cue, Donghae walked in while carrying a frame.

“We signed the agreement after so many discussions and meetings. Done.” Yunho said, almost monotonous.

“Is something wrong, Yunho?”

“No.” Yunho answered his father.

“But it seems like there is a problem. Is it about Jaejoong?” Sujin asked.

“That is none of your business.” Yunho said, glaring at the Queen.

“Jung Yunho.” Ilwoo called, not wanting his son to be rude.

“Sorry.” Yunho said, looking away again.

“It’s Jaejoong then.” Ilwoo concluded but the young Prince shake his head.

“I heard he hasn't been eating well. Especially after the meeting your mother did for Jaejoong.”

“He’s not eating?” Yunho asked the King, his mind stuck on the fact that Jaejoong was not eating.

“From what we know, he didn’t eat lunch and dinner yesterday. He had a really small breakfast too.” Donghae said, explaining the situation.

“You knew about this and you didn’t tell me? Why didn't you? I just left him to go to school without breakfast, Donghae” Yunho told his butler.

“You...didn’t...ask, Sir. I apologise but is there a problem?” Donghae asked, confused that Yunho was behaving strangely.

“Everything is a problem!” Yunho shouted, standing up.

“I wasn’t beside him for only three days. What the hell happened in the Palace? He hasn’t been eating, you didn’t tell me about it and now he’s not even talking to me!” Yunho said before stomping out of the room. Donghae was taken aback as Ilwoo just laugh.

“Did Yunho just kick a fuss because Jaejoong didn’t eat? So weird...”