Please Don't Leave Me

Our Royal Hours

“Good morning, Sir.” One of the guards greeted Jaejoong and the man just raise his hand slightly to acknowledge.

“Sir, before you go in.” The guard continued, blocking the way to the hospital room.

“What is it?” Jaejoong asked, his mind still occupied with other things.

“Should we be worried that His Highness is not picking up his phone?”

“He's not here?”

“From what the guards that came with you said, he left earlier than you. Would you like us to find him?” Jaejoong pondered for awhile before deciding.

“Secretly. Don't let the Palace know about it. If he doesn't come back when Donghae is here, then we can search wider.” Jaejoong ordered before entering the room.

“Dad!” The man exclaimed, seeing his father sitting on the hospital bed.

“Hey honey.”

“Heechul, why didn’t you call me?” Jaejoong asked, frowning at his friend again.

“Now stop blaming him, Jae. I was the one who told him not to say anything. After all, I’m fine.” Kangwoo said. Jaejoong hugged the older man tightly, not wanting to release him anytime soon.

“I was so worried about you. You need to take care of yourself. Don't just rely on Heechul.”

“Hey! I'm right here. No need to talk bad about me, Joongie.” Heechul said, frowning slightly.

“Jae honey, let go please. If Heechul won't kill your old man, I think you will.” Kangwoo said, hand hitting Jaejoong’s arm that was locked around his neck.

“Oh sorry.” Jaejoong immediately said, letting his father go. He grinned playfully when the old man tried to hit him but Jaejoong had dodge it.

“You're alone? Where's Yunho? He's not back from Jeju?” Kangwoo asked, finally realizing that his son-in-law was missing.

“He's back. He went to school. I wanted to stay here with you so I didn't go to school.” Jaejoong explained, lying through his teeth.

“There's no need for you to do that, Jae. You have to go to school tomorrow. Graduation is in a few months. We don't want you to abandon your studies now that you're married.”

“I won't, Dad. I promise you. Aren't I your smart son?” Jaejoong asked proudly and his father laughed, saying that Heechul could probably score better at the rate of Jaejoong’s grades going down.

 


 

At the other side of the city, Yunho stops the car right outside of a mausoleum.

“Your Highness, we were not informed of your visit.” One of the guards said once Yunho came near.

“Don’t worry. I’m here for an informal visit. Give me some time alone with my sister, will you?” Yunho requested and the guards nod, letting the young prince to enter.

Yunho sees the door close and he was left alone in the round room. He sigh, seeing the picture of her sister staring back at him.

“Hey.” Yunho speaks out, not knowing where to start.

“I...First off, let me just say I’m sorry for not coming sooner.” Yunho said, moving around in his seat before settling comfortably. His back was hunched forward as his hands were clasped together.

“Things...The things in my life have been very different. One minute, I broke up with Junsu.” Yunho smiled.

“I know you’re probably laughing at me and saying I told you so in that grave of yours. Everybody says that I should have left Junsu years ago but really Younha, Junsu is a good person. I broke up with him but we got together the day after. That is also the day I was engaged to another person. I should have brought him here for an introduction especially since we’re married now but I figured we need to actually get together before I can introduce you to him. After all, not everyone can take a person talking to his dead sister seriously. Especially Jae. He is...one weird man. One day, he would be talking to me so happily and the next moment, he will be sending me messages of what he’s saying angrily. You should see him, Younha. I bet you will like him.”

Yunho sigh again, wondering why did he even come here in the first place if he’s just going to talk to himself.

“Well anyway that’s the gist of it. Dad is still the King and Mum is still the strict Queen she is. I’m married to a guy and we’re constantly getting threatened by his own best friend.” He stands up, leaning on the stone column that surrounds his sister’s grave.

“You must be happy there. Unlike me…”

There came another sigh from Yunho.

“You know what, Younha? You won’t get it. I’m even confused myself. One moment, I feel like I should probably give Jaejoong a chance. And the next, he’s going off with his damn best friend like they’re a couple. I...I feel so angry when I see them together but Jaejoong don’t get it. Changmin is dangerous but that idiot don’t even believe me when I tell him that.”

Yunho has started pacing up and down the room, his voice and steps clearly heard by the guards standing outside.

The two men decked in military uniform shared a look, wondering the same thing but one of them just chuckle after that shared look.

“You’re new here. You’ll get used to it.” He said before they get back to listening to what Yunho said.

“I even told Junsu that we need to take a break, just so I can take care of this weird feeling in me. I mean...it feels just like the times when I missed Junsu years ago and I don’t get it. Do I like Jaejoong? Well, he’s likeable until I see him with Changmin. Do I get angry when I see him with another person? Not when it’s with Heechul or his father but when it comes to Changmin...I just want to tear the two apart. I...I feel so jealous.” Yunho stated, suddenly enlightened of the word.

“Jealous. I’ve been jealous about Changmin.” Yunho talked to himself, scenes from the past month replaying in his mind.

His anger when he finds out that Jaejoong met Changmin at the polo club and they kissed...

His worry when he heard from Donghae that Jaejoong went to study over the weekend with Changmin and Yoochun while Yunho is in Jeju...

His sudden rage in front of his parents when he finds out that he has to stay behind for a press release while Jaejoong stays in the hospital with Changmin...

And even this morning...

He was so blinded by jealousy that he immediately confronted Changmin right after seeing the picture.

“Have I been jealous of him all this while?” Yunho blurt it out in the open. The door crack open slightly.

“Can I say something, Your Highness?” One of the guards asked, the one that has been working here for a long time.

“What?” Yunho questioned, angry that he's interrupted.

“Not to sound rude but you are one kind of dumb.”

“Excuse me?” Yunho asked, taken aback at the honest remark.

“Instead of clarifying this with your partner, you are here talking to the late Princess as if she will be able to tell you the answer. You like your partner, Sir.”

“And how do you know that? You're not me.”

“I know I'm not you. I'm just a palace guard that has been guarding the late princess and I have been here every time you come here to sort out your feelings. Now, I don't know if it's true but there has been rumours circulating around the guards saying that you almost killed the man that attacked you two at the theatre hall. Rumours said that you were punching him non-stop even though your butler stops you just because the man insulted your partner. A man who doesn't like his wife won't do that to another person. Believe me.” Yunho pondered on what the guard had said.

His mind lead him to the image of Jaejoong standing up for Changmin just this morning. An image that made Yunho felt his heart ripping apart inside him.

“But...does he like me the same way?” Yunho asked the guard, a frown on his face.

“You can only ask that question to the one who holds your heart now.” The guard said and Yunho nod slowly, considering it. He finally smiled, looking at the guard.

“Thank you.” Yunho said, walking out of the mausoleum before driving off.

He stop by the Palace to get a quick shower and a change of clothes before heading to the hospital. Yunho parked the car at the hospital’s basement, getting surrounded by his bodyguards when he steps out of it.

“Sir, where have you been? We've been looking for you.”

“Sorry about that. I won't do that again.” Yunho said.

He was about to step into the elevator when he remembered Jaejoong again. Yunho knew he like the man but the question now would be whether Jaejoong like him back.

Whether there can still be something to salvage between them.

He sighed again, not wanting to hear any rejection from Jaejoong.

However, Yunho knew that if he prolong this, he would be the one getting hurt in the end. If Jaejoong chooses Changmin over him, Yunho will let him go.

"Soon but not now." Yunho had thought.

He gets to the highest level, standing in front of the VIP suite. He contemplated on just barging in as the two bodyguards stationed outside the door look at him curiously. He sighed before knocking the door twice, turning the knob and pushing the door open slightly.

Jaejoong turned back to look at the door, a bright smile on his face before he gasped as he sees the man standing behind the door.

“Hey.” Yunho called, entering the room.

“Ah Yunho, you’re back from school. Come here.” Kangwoo said, welcoming his son-in-law.

“I’m glad you’re awake now. Are you feeling better?”

“Yes. It was just a slight infection. These two kids must have made it such a big deal.” Kangwoo said which resulted to Jaejoong looking at him in shock.

“You fainted in the middle of working in the office. I think I have the right to make a big deal about it.” Jaejoong said, frowning.

“Come on, Jae. I’m sure your father knows his body best.” Yunho said, hand on Jaejoong’s shoulder.

Jaejoong didn’t reply, deciding to keep quiet instead. The doctor came in and they were asked to get out of the room for awhile.

Seizing that opportunity, Yunho bring Jaejoong out to the rooftop. Their bodyguards stayed a few feet away from them as the two royals sat down on the ledge.

There was silence between them as Jaejoong tried to sneak a glance at the man. Everytime he did, he sees Yunho looking back at him with eyes similarly curious of the other.

“If you want to say it, you better say it now. Tell me that you’re sticking to Changmin’s truth and I’ll let you go.” Yunho said bitterly, wanting to get this over with.

As much as he did want to change things between them, he didn’t want any other disturbances between them. Mainly a man named Shim Changmin.

“I’m sorry, Yunho.”

“Here it comes.” Yunho thought, closing his eyes and looking away.

He had expected Jaejoong to leave him but Yunho didn’t know that it was going to be difficult for him to accept it.

“Changmin is my best friend and we have been so close to each other.”

“Please don’t do this.” Yunho said to himself, wanting Jaejoong to stop talking.

“I know I should stay with you and believe in you but Changmin...he is special to me.”

“No...don’t say that.”

“I’m sorry.” Jaejoong said, placing his hand on Yunho’s hand.

Yunho took that as a sign of pity, as if Jaejoong was trying to comfort him for betraying and leaving Yunho.

“No...I like you…” Yunho wanted to say, feeling a tear roll down his cheek.

“Please don’t leave me for him.”

 


 

You know...these past chapters have been very tiring with the comments plus it apparently turns out that I made Yunho so bad that you hate him now. So, if you guys would like me to take down this story, do tell me and I'll do so. After all, I did this story for my own reading pleasures and I don't mind reading it by myself really.

Anyway, hope you had fun and have a great weekend!