The Heiress

drugon multishop archive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reviewer: Daehyunfluffyjae

 

Title [3/5]
-originality
Is not extremely original so I docked some points off that, since I’ve read countless titles of “the heiress”
relevance is on point, however.

Foreword [3.5/5]
A nice, simple description which manages to tell readers the background story and some characterization without giving too much away, so well done on that :)
I also like the quote inserted, which sets the romantic atmosphere very well.
Where points were docked off:
Please stop jumping from tenses to tenses (i.e. present to past in description)
“...bailed her out before her sister heard about the situation” (past and past)
“next thing she knows, she’s being held hostage...”
Because 1) it’s a “next thing” which, in this situation means “now”- present tense, and you used present tense for the rest of the sentence.
Also, while starting lines with “but” and “and” makes the description a little choppy to read, unless it’s for the effect (which personally I didn’t think was achieved)
Relevance was on point, congrats :)

 

Grammar & Spelling [10/20]
Mentioned gramatical mistakes in foreword
Grammatical mistake in quote: “I’ll be forever grateful if somehow, on the way, our fates tie together and it takes a lifetime to unravel.” - Type 1 conditional tense, used when it’s future in primary clause and present in secondary clause.
OR: Type 2 conditional tense: Used when primary clause is in simple past and secondary clause is in present conditional tense.
“I would be forever grateful if somehow... our fates tied together and it took a lifetime...”
Please be aware not to mix up the two conditionals, stick to one of them :) Also the “be” is unnecessary, and it makes the sentence lumbersome so I cancelled it out.
“Raindrops continued their...beat”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter