Lemon Meringue and Orange Carrots

Flower-Like Years (Currently under Construction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The end of November brought a short period of fresh breeze where student can finally relaxed for a week or two before finals came.
A small group of students weren't so lucky to throw of their books away, they gathered around a desk in the now empty med library and furiously typed down on their laptop.


"I can't believe professor Choi gave us a report due for the reading week!" whined Seungkwan, defeated, pretending to bang his head on the table. 
Jisoo was among them, dragged there against his will by Seokmin to help them since "he was an expert in medical plant" according to his original words.
"Where is the two geniuses when we need them" whined Krystal, a classmate of their small group of friends and that also happens to come from LA. 
"They just started their clinical practices" explained Changkyun, another black haired classmate who look unusually mature for his age. 
"I thought we are not allowed to do so before next year" argued Krystal knocking her pen on the notebook. 
"But you just said they were geniuses" pointed out Seungkwan, sassy as usual. 
"I hate those smart kids." mumbled Krystal leaning on her friend Luna, who was a year older than them. 
"I heard it." a notebook softly tapped on top of her head, and as she turned, the protagonists of their conservations were right behind them. 
"Oh my good lord savior, you guys came, help us with that damn report" Krystal pulled Jeonghan closer trying to bribe him with puppy eyes, ignoring disgusted expression Changkyun gave to her aegyo. 
While Jeonghan shuffled through the pages of their report, Seungkwan turned towards Jun and asked "So how is the clinic?" 
The Chinese male shrugged and said "Since we are stucked in triage all day, the most interesting thing that happens everyday is to argue with patients that think they know more then you, otherwise nothing much." 

Krystal retorted playfully:
"Of course it would be easy for your guys, just look at that cheonsa-nim here, there is nothing about the way he acts that doesn't scream I-am-freaking-awesome-doctor.” 
"Believe or not, Dr-Perfect-Yoon-Jeonghan was the first among us to receive a patient complaint just last week" Jun casually dropped a small bomb among the group. 
"That's so nice of you to remind me that again." thanked sarcastically Jeonghan.
"Now, that's interesting! What happened?" Seungkwan pushed his books away and pulled his chair closer, as the rest of people had their full attention towards the Chinese student.
"Don't you dare say it!" glared Jeonghan desperately trying to cover his mouth yet hold back by Seokmin and Seungkwan. 
"A middle aged woman came suspecting she had an infection in her private into emergency the other day, and refused to let me do the inspections, insisting that we get the blond "female" doctor to do the job..." Jun grinned wider by each second remembering the scene "And after a few attempts of convincing there was no "female" doctors available right now, Jeonghan became so mad that he grabbed that poor woman's hand put it on his chest."

There was a moment of silence, then a global laugh exploded around the table. 
Seungkwan, laughing the loudest among them jokingly said: 
"Did you watch too much drama? Are you in coffee prince or something?"
Jeonghan sighed and sarcastically answered: 
"What else could have I done, take of my shirt? then I'll get sued for exhibitionism" 
He then grabbed his coffee to leave for his lab meeting and Jisoo stood up and left in the pretext that he needed to grab something as well.

As they walk through the corridors, Jisoo's eyes landed on a particular accessory on his friend's wrist when he took out his phone. 
"I don't remember you wearing that before." started the taller male pointing towards the shining jewelry. 
"Oh that" Jeonghan raised his wrist to show him better "It is actually an elastic carrier shaped as a bracelet. Seungcheol gave it to me, not that I want it anyway, but he said it was a gift for the start of our friendship and it is kind of useful.
Jisoo bitted his lips once Jeonghan attention turned back to his phone. 
This is going out of hand now.
He thought at first with Seungcheol's personality, he would never have accepted being friend-zoned, but he seems to have taken it much better than expected. To his discontentment, the law student wasn't like Jeonghan's usual suitors that eventually give up after a few weeks in front of his coldness. Yet Seungcheol seems to fulfill his role of new friend and using it to his full advantage and he even seems to have work around to find Jeonghan's weakness: he is too naturally kind to remain unmoved for long.
The worst part is that the pretty long haired boy next to him doesn't seem to have realized that yet, each time they met, the conversion will always eventually turn to Seungcheol, mostly Jeonghan's complaints about what annoying or cheesy things the latter said or did.
His opponent is catching up at incredible pace, even if Jeonghan hang out with him often since they are both in the biology building , he still needed to step up his game as well. 
The American student walked closer and asked "want to come to my house after work? I can make you some lemon meringue pie and show you the new songs I learnt on my guitar, like the old days" 
Jeonghan grinned "oh god Jisoo you are so childish, but yeah sure, why not."
 

Jisoo did make his well loved lemon pie as promise with the “help” of Jeonghan who tried to most of his face with floor the whole time. They gossiped about their childhood friends, laughed at jokes that only they knew, whined about their school works, talked about good things and bad things, about all and nothing.  

Once the dessert ready, the first bite into it made Jeonghan grateful towards the effort Jisoo has made to make it as unsweet as possible, yet still remaining delicious, and he didn’t hesitate to shower him with compliments about how much a husband material he is going to be.

The ginger haired boy eventually said: “Hopefully it is good enough to keep you from replacing me for with that greasy lawyer boy.”
Jeonghan raised an eyebrow: “Don’t tell me you are referring to Seungcheol? We are have just known each others for like three months, and plus, he is just a friend.”
But the latter didn’t buy it “But he doesn't think you only as friend “
“Jisoo, you don't really believe I'll accept his advances one day, right?” reasoned the long haired boy 
“If you would have to date one, between him and me, who would you pick?” The taller male challenged him.
“that's obviously going to be neither of you” laughed Jeonghan in response.
But his ginger friend insisted, Jeonghan answered genuinely, not forgetting to a little: “You then, at least you can bake”
Jisoo's mood clearly light up, and then pretended to casually moving on to another burning question:
“Then what between me and him?” 
It appeared like an unspecific question at first, yet the young med student immediately knew exactly who his best friend was referring to, and his tone clearly cooled down: 
“If you want me to leave now, keep asking that”

“Ok, ok never mind” calmed Jisoo tending him another piece of pie.
“What about you?” Jeonghan turned the question back towards him, Jisoo seems to never have mentioned anyone he liked before. 
The first started slowly, while cleaning the kitchen: “There might be someone…”  
“Why haven't you mentioned anything before!?” accused playfully Jeonghan, bumping into his side with his arm “Is it someone I know?” 
“I want to make sure that one reciprocates my feelings first then I'll introduce you and yes, it is someone we both know well, a little too well even.” 
“Looks like our Jisoo finally found someone, go for it!” encouraged Jeonghan patting on his shoulder.
“I will, but he seems quite indecisive when it comes to relationships, so what if we finish both singles, what do you think of me?” joked suggestively Jisoo 
“Stop it” Jeonghan chuckled “My dream goal is dying as an old man with a life dedicated to researches and finds cures to as much illness I can.” 
“Such a noble dream, I won't mind researching till the end of our days with you” winked Jisoo. 
Jeonghan rolled his eyes and reminded him “start by finishing those gingko extractions you owe me from last week.” 

At the nightfall, 
two young and slim figures were peacefully sleeping side by side on Jisoo's bed, to the excuse that the guest room's bed hadn't been cleaned for months. 
All seemed peaceful and immobile until when Jeonghan was sudde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter