Triple shot espresso and Soya Tofu

Flower-Like Years (Currently under Construction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Standing in the middle of brown boxes of various sizes and plastic covered furniture to the sound of occasional instruction of direction, 

Seungcheol never knew a moving day could make him so happy. 

One week ago,

"You have been staring at your phone for so long Hannie" Seungcheol pouted at the gorgeous male sitting across him on the grass, at the secluded field concealed behind a line of flower pot behind the law building, their new favorite dating spot, a little secret shared between them.

The weather was more than pleasant for an early spring afternoon, the sun radiating on the sky, a light refreshing breeze brushing through his blonde locks, yet none of those made the blond male's frowning expression go away.

"I am sorry babe" Jeonghan yet out a small sigh abandoning his device and a smile curved on his lips seeing the latter's adorable puppy expression as he patted his boyfriend's cheek apologetically "I have been trying to find a new roommate for the past few weeks, but nothing really seems to work out."

"What about Jun?" The raven haired boy asked curiously opening his arms for Jeonghan to cuddle in.

"His boyfriend is transferring here next semester, though I don't really care about disturbing Junhui, but Minghao is so cute that I don't have the heart of third wheeling them." Jeonghan replied with Seungcheol's chin pressed on top of his head. 

He might have purposely forgot mention that Seokmin and Seungkwan did offer him to share their room but at the image of Seungkwan bombarding him with gossips and Seokmin with his lame puns added to the loudness of both of their voices and constant singing making him questioning whether they live in some real-life Broadway musical made him overlook that option immediately. 

They stayed silent for a while with Jeonghan inside the elder’s arms, fingers intertwined, both lost in their thoughts as the ruffling sounds of the leaves echoed through the open space.

Jeonghan could feel his boyfriend swallow his saliva back a few time before hearing what sounded like music to his ears: “Do you want to move in with me?”

------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure Hansol and Soonyoung won't mind you moving out to another dorm?" Jeonghan, uncertain about this whole situation, asked again as he handed the latter a water bottle and wiping his sweating forehead with a tissue. 

Seungcheol couldn't hide his silly grin each time the blonde male did something caring towards him and reassured him:

"Nan, they'd be fine without me, and plus they seem to appreciate that I offered them more space." 

"...They need intimacy as well? Like Junhui and his boyfriend?" Jeonghan was unable to hide his surprise hearing that response.

"What? No!" Seungcheol choked on the water he was just given and immediately explained "Oh my God No! Hansol has always been complaining about how small our dorm was to fit three people in it, there is nothing going on between them trust me!" Before ruffling through his hair in an exaggerate manner "Oh God, just at the thought of the image of Hansol and Soonyoung dating will haunt me for days."

"Good to know" Jeonghan released a chuckle of relief.

Now it was Seungcheol's turn to be surprised, as he crooked a brow, asked back:

"Are you interested in one of them?"

Not waiting for an answer, Seungcheol quirkily replied to himself:

“Nan, I am way better than them anyway”

Before Jeonghan could say anymore, Seungcheol pointed to the side walk and declared "Oh, they came back!" before running towards the white SUV pulling over. 

Wonwoo and Jun jumped out of it as Seungcheol rushed towards them with various boxes stacking dangerously high.

Jeonghan followed his path and tried to reason:

"Cheol, we are not in a hurry, you don't have to carry so much at the same time."

Wonwoo stared at their interaction and jokingly said: “He is scared that you’ll finalize realize it was a bad idea accepting to moving in with him.”

“Not at all Jeon Wonwoo!” Seungcheol yelled out, face flustered pink, yet seeing no one believed him, mumbled: “Ok, maybe a little” before turning back to his tasks, carrying less stuff this time.

The youngest one of their group came out of the building dragging a large table with him with quite some difficulty. Once Jeonghan saw his maneuver, he started scolding the boy:

"Oh Chan baby leave that here; it is too heavy for you!" Jeonghan signaling to leave the piece of furniture there and handed him a small plastic bag "let Seungcheol carry it, take that instead."

Seokmin passing by them dropped the wood vase in his arms at that nickname, fortunately it didn’t break but the sound gathered everyone’s attention.

The tall male quickly lifted the vase and questioned: "What did you just called him?"

Jeonghan cleared his throat before swinging his arm around the youngest neck and asked another question, but this time to Chan:

"Channie-ah, who is baby are you?"

The latter flashed bright red seemingly overwhelmed timidly answered with almost a whisper: "Jeonghan hyung's baby"

The blonde male hugged him closer and enthusiastically said:

"See!"

Leaving his group of friends even more confused than before.

"...See what?" Jun mocked at his not so clarifying explanation "That you got each others pet name?" but Jeonghan didn’t bother to say anything else and continue on with the loading.

As everyone climbed into the vehicle, Seungcheol continued where they left it:

"When did you and Chan even got so close?"

The long haired male explained briefly:

"He had to write a paper on medical law codes and needed to research on a few real cases so he came to me, and he seemed really interested in my research so brought him to my lab a few times and because he is super cute, now he is my baby!"

Not knowing what to answer towards such a jump in story, Hansol added an even more awkward "Cool story bro"

----------------------------------

A ten minutes’ drive leads them to a white concrete building with translucent glasses on the outside, looking quite new compare to the rest of the edifices next it.

"Well, here we are." Wonwoo guided them the inside and proceeded to clarify:

“It is newly constructed dorm building transformed from an old hotel, fully renovated, all the walls have been repainting and incredibly sound-proof” smirked directed towards the couple making Jeonghan blushing madly but tried to hide it.

The last piece of bookcase moved in, Junhui announced: “Alright, our job here is done.”

 and leaded the others out. 

The long haired male stopped them on their way out: “You guys are not leaving like that, at least let me treat you guys to lunch.”

Seokmin winked and said:

“We can do that some other day, pretty sure both of you would prefer some alone time now.”

After waving each other goodbye at the sound of the lock closing,

Jeonghan was about to bend to unpack when he was pulled by his waist from behind into a heartfelt hug, bathed in the captivating and familiar scent of sage and watermint cologne to the soft murmur of “It is good be home.” making him slowing closing his eyes.

Those boxes can wait.

-----------------------------------------
“So how is the married life?” Soonyoung asked desk suggestively wiggling his brows, sitting on top of a desk inside an abandon classroom they usually used to hang out between classes.
Hearing those words, his mind wanders back to those past few weeks living with Jeonghan.

Waking up every morning seeing the golden rays kisses his lover’s ethereal features, there is no sight that could more fill his heart with more happiness than this. He sometimes simply stares at that peaceful expression, blonde locks messier than usual spreading out on the pillow, listens to the soft breathing, the corners of his lips curling up at that mouth slightly opened and the rhythmic raise and fall of his chest.

He would lay there several minutes sometimes an hour just to look and appreciate everything about him, until those long eyelashes flaps a few times like butterflies and unveils the mesmerizing pair of brown eyes he’ll never get tired looking at. A lazy good morning would linger from his pink lips and a good stretch before leaning forward for a small peck and satisfying grin.

The aroma of coffee then fills the small room, as they sipping from their couple cup, wanting for the moment to last endlessly, before they had to bid each other goodbye, but not before some more kisses and hugs and promises to meet at school.

At the end of the day, as the shadow of the night casts down on the city, they would be back in each other’s arms.

Just as he thought he couldn’t love the male any more than today, tomorrow always seem to push that fondness feeling even further beyond his mortal imagination.  
Seeing the elder with a wide silly smile and eyes staring at the void, Soonyoung chuckled and said: “I'll take that as a yes and stop making that disgusting face.”

Not even slightly disturb by his friend’s remark, Seungcheol sighed dreamily:

“He is just so perfect.”

Soonyoung groaned and decided to ignore him and chew unto the tasteless kimbap he got from a food stand on the way to school, and his mouth soon starts to salivate from a delicious smell coming from the container in raven haired boy’s hands.

Both Hansol and him drew closer as the elder proudly displayed the inside of white box to them “Jeonghan packed me lunch today, saying I should eat more veggies so he made me that!”

Soonyoung has to grudging admit it does look really tasty, and he’ll threw his kimbap anytime for that until he noticed:

“…What’s that brown thing?”

“It’s fried tofu!”
“But you hate tofu…” Hansol frowned “You used to say they taste like playdoe”

“Not when Jeonghan makes them!” Seungcheol even pulled the plastic container closer to him to prove his point.

“Whatever makes you happy man, I don’t want a bit of that thing” Soonyoung, against his heart, turned back to his forgotten rice rolls.

“Good, because I am not sharing anyway.”

They ate in silence for a while before Soonyoung started:

“Maybe we should be going to those wine and cheeses as well.”

Seungcheol smirked before slapping on his shoulder.

“Awnnn, Soonyoungie wants a boyfriend too doesn’t he?”

“Ah! Shut up!” The younger pushed him away before nudging Hansol “Seriously, we should go, if even Seungcheol can find someone like Jeonghan there, then we can as well” 

“What is that supposed to mean?” Seungcheol whined and frowned.

Yet the youngers continued to ignore him, Soonyoung wasn’t give up on luring him into tha idea

“Dude, what does it hurt to go? we aren't interested in nobody right now, might as well give it a chance.

Hansol mumbled to himself:
“Maybe I am interested in someone”
“Huh? What did you say?”
“Nothing…”
“Man, that class was boring. His monotonous voice sounded like the most boring rap in the world” Hansol commented and stretches his arms as they walked towards of the school gate.

“I am hungry, want to go grab some burgers from our usual place before going home?” Wonwoo suggested receiving a unified nod from everyone, except Seungcheol whose refusal sounded more like a low key bragging:

“Sorry, but Hannie is making us curry tonight.”

“Hey guys!” Jeonghan ran towards the group before bending over to press a kiss on his boyfriend's lips. “Where are you going?”

“Going to fill our stomach with burgers made with machine as someone enjoy curry made with love” Soonyoung answered glaring towards a certain raven haired boy.

“You guys can come too if you want.”

They swore they saw angel wings behind his back for a second.

A group of so many handsome almost idol looking boys walking inside a supermarket didn’t go unnoticed to the middle age women working them being extra generous with amount of tasting samples they got. Wonwoo and Hansol were looking for the vegetables, and Chan and Soonyoung were arguing whether 5$ for 600g of beef was cheaper than 8$ for 1kg, making up the various ingredients Jeonghan assigned them to gather.

Seungcheol pouted as his boyfriend browsed through the curry powder section and whined: “Why did you invite them? I thought it was only going to be use”

Jeonghan’s eyes were fixed between the two different packages in his hands and chuckled:

“They are you friends Cheol so of course I’ll try to get them to like me”

“But I wanted to cuddle.” Seungcheol leaned his arms on the shopping cart, looking down at his shoes before he felt a pair of hands around his waist and a small peck near his earlobe.

“We can cuddle any day right? I’ll come home early tomorrow as well ok? Then we can have some alone time.”

They stared at each others lovingly before a sharp ringtone break the scene.

The blonde male quickly apologizes and distanced himself to a quieter place, but not before asking Seungcheol to go find the others.

“Hi Mom”

On the other end of the line came that usual joyful female voice.

“Hi sweetheart, are you coming home this weekend?”

“I can’t, the work schedule is already so packed, on top of that Jun and I has to start working on our presentation.”

“But Jisoo is leaving soon.”

He couldn’t proceed what that was meant and asked further:

“Leaving where?”

“He didn’t tell you? He is going back to LA. His parents are next Monday, but Jisoo had to stay two days more because of his student visa.”

Jeonghan was paralyzed on the place, let his cellphone loose hang near his ear, yet he couldn’t hear anything right now.

It took him almost a minute before coming back to reality to the sounds of:

“Hello? Honey? Jeonghanie are you still there? Hello?” to which he quickly replied

“Yes, sorry mom, I had to mute it to talk to the cashier.”

“So are you coming?” Mrs.Yoon asked eagerly

After a brief moment of debate, Jeonghan sighed and answered:

“…Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter