Peanutbutter Scone and Grapefruit Tea

Flower-Like Years (Currently under Construction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIS IS THE CORRECTED AND COMPLETED CHAPTER, sorry again for people that have read the incomplete version (with so many typos and half-finished sentences) this morning.


-------------------------------------------


The weather continues to cool down as the month of October progresses, with autumn wind blowing in their face, students quicken their steps to reach classrooms, and girls passing by complains about the dresses that they can't wear anymore, on the other hand, Jeonghan couldn't be a happier self that day, even humming to some ballad songs he heard the other day.


As expected, the overwhelming gifts came back after that hiatus day, yet from that day on, the bright medical student has been handing those out to his fellow friends instead, and as if the secret sender has taken the message, little by little, those surprises seem to stop coming to the receiver's relief.


His happiness lasted until his afternoon break time, when the source of his exhaustion is sitting next to his usual library sit and looked delighted to have spotted him.

 Since the school has assigned individual study cubicles for each student and the one next to Jeonghan is normally taken by some graduate student.
Suspicious, the long hair boy was about to polite remind him the rules of those reserved places, yet Seungcheol happily explained first the reason of his appearance:

"There is also some renovations that started in the law library as well, so they had to relocate some of the students here, it is so much trouble, but we don't have a choice I guess"

Even if his words made it sounds like he was forced to change, his face clearly pleased with the results said otherwise.


"And how fortunate I am to be next to someone I know!" Seungcheol blinked his eyes mischievously.

Jeonghan had to take a few deep breaths to reprimand his urge to curse.

The truth is Seungcheol pleaded Wonwoo to reassign his sitting and promised to the latter that he would do anything he want in return. And on top of that, thanks to Seungkwan, Seungcheol now not only learnt Jeonghan's interests and disinterests, but also memorized his schedule which made his target much harder to escape. He even managed to get his love interest’s friend to reveal his weakness. He still remembers when Seungkwan came closer to his ear to whisper:


Now listen carefully,


 

Jeonghan never refuses lending his belongings to others unless they become absurd.


"Jeonghan, do you have an eraser that I can borrow?"


A white round piece was handed to him, given Seungcheol the time to catch a silver reflection around his wrist. 


"your bracelet suits you really well." Complimented the latter.


"Thank you." Replied calmly Jeonghan typing some paper on his laptop


“Where did you get it?” Seungcheol tried to make small talks.


“I don’t know sorry; it is a present from a friend.”


As the law student was about to open his mouth again, Jeonghan turned his focus back to his work, avoiding the latter’s words.





Jeonghan also never refuses helping people with questions that he knew the answer to


"Jeonghan, we are studying hospital related law cases right now, and there are a few professional words that I don't quite understand." Seungcheol looked at the gorgeous male with his anticipating puppy eyes.


"...Show me" Jeonghan left out a silent sigh before approaching the latter
.

It only took Jeonghan half an hour to explain with all the words with the necessary precisions, yet simple enough for a non-science major student to follow.


"Wow, you are so good at explaining, have you thought of becoming a teaching assistant?"
"I don't think I have time for it unfortunately"

"But can I still ask you questions next time?"

"...Yes"Jeonghan had repeat the quote patience is a vertu many times in his head before answering with his normal calm voice.

 

And most importantly, Jeonghan would never be rude to others.
At noon, the dark hair law student has told his anecdotes of the activities he and his friends did this weekend for almost an hour now and Jeonghan's hopes of spending a single peaceful lunch break by himself has been crushed once more.
He finally took the initiatives of asking a rhetorical question, hoping the black hair boy would take the hint


"It is really nice, but why are telling me all this, I'm sure your friends would be a better listener than I am."
Yet, the latter replied shamelessly with a sly grin "But you are my friend as well"


Jeonghan wanted to scream to his undeniably attractive face that "since when they have become friends?!” but his well taught manners forbid him to say anything that might hurt others feelings intentionally.



Another day, when Jeonghan was walking toward his class, he heard his name being called in the back and turned toward the deep voice:
"Jeonghan-shi, how are you?"


"Ah Woowon-shi, nice seeing you again" Jeonghan bowed politely toward the student association’s secretary.


"Hope that my weird friend didn't bother you too much, he can be annoying at times, but means no harm." began Wonwoo before showing one of his rare smiles


To which Jeonghan returned a nervous giggle and suggested carefully:

"Since you guys seem close, do you mind telling him to stop following me around everyday?"

"I am sure you can tell him that yourself" as if Wonwoo has expected the request, he tried to refuse it as naturally as possible and thought maybe Seungcheol needed to update his tactics. Jeonghan's shoulders dropped slightly once it was made clear that Wonwoo was not going to take any side in this story; he nonchalantly murmured a "I will" and waved goodbye.

 

During the following week,
It was almost past midnight in library which was packed to a maximum capacity, yet none of the students seem have the intention to leave anytime soon,
sitting inside his cubicle, Seungcheol was staring at the entrance door. Jeonghan has left to grab a coffee for quite a while now but it is been already 20 minutes and he hasn't come back.
His worry has grown increasingly, so he took both of their bags and went to look for the one that should be sitting next to him by now.

Half way through the path, the black hair boy distinguished a figure sitting on a bench, and from the golden blond hair, he knew it could be non other than Jeonghan. The angelic being was shaking uncontrollably and was almost white like a blanket. Seungcheol immediately ran to his side and asked him with a shaking voice if he needed an ambulance, resting a hand on his knee trying to calm me.
"No" The younger shook his majestic hair now wet by the cold sweat coming down his forehead "Don't make a scene out of it, it is just some old issues."
The taller boy asked the type of sickness it was, if he needed some pills or anything else.
Jeonghan quickly whispered an "Anemia" between heavy breathes.
"Stay here, I'll be right back" Seungcheol reassured him by patting his hair before rushing towards the end of the corridor.
He came back a minute later and raised a cup up to the younger's now colorless and dry lips. "Here, drink it." Seungcheol passed his arm around his shoulder so it was easier to sip.
Jeonghan did as told and felt the warm taste of a sweet liquid with the right amount of acidity stimulating his palettes and flowing down his throat. 


"I know you don't like sweet things, but you really need sugar right now, so I asked for honey instead in the grapefruit tea." Explained Seungcheol as he still held the angel in his arms.


Once Jeonghan was able to breath normally again, and seems to have gain back a little of his colors. He raised his starry eyes behind his long lashes  towards his saver and said:
"Thank you for today, Seungcheol"

When his concerns finally lessened, the future lawyer grasped the reality of their current positions, the agreeable sensation of Jeonghan’s body on his hand, their noses almost touching and the soft breath brushing his cheeks, it made the latter’s heart flutter and the wanted more than ever to seal the lips in front of him with his own.
He would never force Jeonghan to anything against his willingness, but at least, his angel has voluntarily called his name for the first time.

The younger noticed as well and wanted to stand up as soon as possible, then he heard a “Careful” before the gravity pulled him back down.

Seungcheol’s fast reaction manages to catch him during the fall preventing even more bruises.

They went back to their original position, even slightly closer, Jeonghan blushed madly at the results of his actions, yet Seungcheol incapable of hiding the joy in his tone, suggested:
"Let's sit a little longer then."

Jeonghan stared at his sleeves awkwardly, he hasn’t been that intimate with anyone in a long time, yet he was too tired to fight back.

Maybe just today, he thought to himself before closing his eyes.

Feeling the blond boy’s tensed muscles relaxing down, Seungcheol grinned at the scene before hugging the love of his life even closer.

 

In the law school’s students lounge, Hansol and Minhyuk have been forced to listen to their friend whimpered about how he thought they could become closer after that night while the opposite happened.
“Why does he only seem so cold to me?" Seungcheol rested his head on table and pouted. "He is so sweet and nice to everyone else"


"You didn't know?" Wonwoo, that just came in, questioned him while rising one eyebrow.


"Know what?" Seungcheol looks dumbfounded by the sudden question.


Wonwoo really wanted to hit his handsome face at that moment, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter