Caramel Macchiato

Flower-Like Years (Currently under Construction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks, it has been two weeks since Seungcheol has spoken a word or even spare a glance at him, 

the dark black hair student can still be seen sitting and studying in the cubicle next to him, but even then, he acted if the beautiful male didn't exist,

Jeonghan was beyond displeased with this attitude,

and the worst is he didn't even know why he was feeling so.

It was what he wished for, right?

Why isn't he the long desired silence and peace, now he didn't need to answer clearly useless questions the boy was only using to talk to him or having someone like tail trailing behind everywhere he goes. 

He told Jisoo about his contradicting sentiments, yet his friend reassured that it was the best for both of them, and he shouldn't have to feel bad about some other's unanswered love that he couldn't reply.

 

One afternoon,

Jeonghan’s pen slipped his hand and rolled just beside Seungcheol’s feet,

He softly asked his sit mat if he could kindly help him with it, yet the latter ignored the request and left instead with his mug in hand,

And that was the last straw needed for Jeonghan to brutally stand up from his seat, and rush in front of the one that has been on his mind stopping the latter on the way.

"What do you want?" Seungcheol impatiently asked.

Jeonghan bite his lower lips and lowered his head, he didn't know what he wants. Why is he doing that in the first place?

After waiting for an answer that never came, the handsome law student questioned again with an unhidden tone of self-mockery:

"Is having someone like me sitting beside too troublesome as well for you, Yoon Jeonghan?"

"Oh right, I forgot, you are not going to answer anyway" Seungcheol's sacarsm still going strong, clearly irritated by this conversation "you are probably going to ask someone else to do the talking for you like you always did."

"I am not like that!" Jeonghan slowly recovered his voice trying weakly to defend himself.

"Well, you do act like so, you could just have told me that I was bothering you! You didn't need to get your friend or my friend to play the messengers, this is not even a question of whether you accept my advances or not, it is a question of respect" Seungcheol took a step further, reducing the gap with them "You should be upfront and tell me, or are you scared to talk to me or something?"  

"I'm sorry" All that could came from the shoulder-length haired boy was apologies who then tried to reason his previous cold actions:

"I just don't want to be in a romantic relationship with you, with anyone as matter of fact." 

"Bad news for you, you can't tell my heart to stop loving you" Seungcheol threw his words back at him "as a matter of fact, I can't even control it."

Jeonghan could felt guilt eating him from inside out seeing how broken Seungcheol looked, yet latter still managed to continue with a stable voice:

"But the one thing I can control is to fulfill your desire of me to stop disturbing you, now would you please excuse me so I can quietly grief my shattered heart by myself and try to gather some broken parts back together."

The blond haired boy stared at the other as he his heels and not looking back for once.

 

 

In the largest laboratory in the second floor of the biology research building,

The brilliant Chinese student, Wen Junhui thinks he might smash his tools any seconds now into his endlessly whining lab partner in front of his classmates and professor.

“Stop acting emo and help me with those samples” scold Junhui beside him pipetting a green gel into a sample tube, that was almost the end of the class and they haven’t even plated half of the required amount of petri dishes.

"Why am I feeling so guilty about it?" Jeonghan ignored his demand and continue to rest his head in defeat on the table "It is not like I asked him to like me in the first place."

"As an old Chinese proverb says fronting once is cool, fronting twice is ok, yet fronting thousands of time will make you lose your bet."

"I am 99.9% sure that was made up." Jeonghan pouted to the words.

"No, of course not" Junhui rolled his eyes sassily "But if you don't whether A) brainwash yourself into thinking you are fine and move on, or B) go apologize and move on, I'll have to opt for choice C which is to threw all your stuff out of into Seokmin and Boo's dorm, and change the lock on the door."

“But he doesn’t even show up to the library anymore, how do I even apologize?” complained Jeonghan finally joining his roommate into their assigned work.

“If you truly want to find someone, there are all kinds of paths that will lead you to him.” Junhui sounded strangely wise for once.

-----------------

During one of the busiest time in the law school’s lounge,

the loudest group of lawyer friends including Chan and Hansol seized the largest sofa of that place by themselves, even Jihoon studying in modern music tagged along that day, yet Seungcheol was nowhere to be seen.

“Holy cra-” Hansol swallowed back the unfinished profanity he was about to let out as Jihoon’s threatening glance shoot at him “Am I dreaming?”

None of them really reacted and kept staring at their phones since all of their friends are quite immune now to Hansol's daily exclamations at the smallest things possible,

Jihoon took sympathy of that ignored kid pouting in the corner and asked nonchalantly:

“What again, why do you look like you saw a ghost?” 

Happy to be acknowledged, Hansol enthusiastically said:

“Not a ghost, but an angel”

The answer made the other shoot him a judging look to how foolish that sounded, so Hansol felt he needed to precise: “Coups hyung's angel” 

"I told you to not drink that redbull at 4AM, you are even starting to have illusions now" Soonyoung jokingly pressed a hand on Hansol's forehead as to feel his temperature. 

"No, trust me" Hansol shook his head "look, he came back again" gesturing with his index towards the outside of the window. They followed his movement and indeed distinguished a recognizable figure that shouldn’t be here.

“Oh God, why is angel Jeonghan here?” Soonyoung almost fell out of his chair once he fully captured the scene.

"He seems to be looking for something" Hansol added, eyes closely following the intruder.

“We should ask Wonwoo to go talk to him” suggested Chan with his usual innocent tone.

“Yeah, the only problem is if you haven't noticed, he isn't here” replied Soonyoung sarcastically earning him a slap from the music student.

"Do you think we should go talk to him?” Chan turned to Jihoon, the most reliable one of the group and worried “He might think we are creeps though, for knowing his name."

"Where is he going? Hansol slightly trembling finger pointed to towards Soonyoung that has left his seat without them noticing and approaching strangely close to the direction of the subject of their conversation.


“AYOOO, are you Jeonghan?” Soonyoung's voice echoed in the room, and the others couldn’t but face palmed themselves for being friends with him, the second hand embarrassment is real.

The med student looked like a deer lost in the forest, blinked few times before cautiously asking:

“Yes, and you are?”  

“I am Soonyoung, one of Seungcheol's friends” Soonyoung cheerfully presented himself and showed his best smile turning his eyes into crescent moons, and wrapped his arm around Jeonghan’s shoulder making the latter slightly uncomfortable.

“I saw you wandering around for a while now, are you looking for something?”

"No, I mean, yes but-" Jeonghan stammered at first face blushing a little, then sighed before saying quietly “Do you know where can I find Choi Seungcheol?”

------------------------

Jeonghan has been staring at the law school building for a good five minutes now,

He wanted to backup right now so badly, and run back to his private laboratory and act like nothing of that happened, yet that little inner voice said to him that if he doesn't repair their broken relationship today, he might never be forgiven.

The blond student gathered all his courage and took a first step, then another into the massive edifice, and then after a few steps, he realized… he was lost.

Finding directions has never been his forte and most importantly, he didn’t have a single idea where Seungcheol might even be at in this labyrinth.

When he was about to flee back to his comfort zone, Jeonghan heard his name screamed out by an unknown voice, and in the direction of that voice, stood a platinium white haired student, slightly shorter than him with fox liked eyes grinning widely at him.  

The latter presented himself and claimed to be a friend of Seungcheol and shamelessly swung an arm around him casually, a little too friendly for Jeonghan’s liking.

And before he knew, he was standing in fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter