Crispy Chicken and Warm Sake (Updated)

Flower-Like Years (Currently under Construction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here is the full chapter! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jisoo was exhausted and freezing, even though the temperature is above zero, it rained in the morning adding humidity with the glacial ground made the worst weather Seoul had that year. 

As he descended from the cab, and dragged his almost numbed, either by fatigue or cold, body as best he could towards the door. 

At least he is home now, the ginger male let out a sigh of exasperation, he could really use a steamy hot bath, a burning cup of hot chocolate and a phone call with someone his heart desperately ached for.  

The words of Seungkwan lingered in his head since that talk in the hall, and though he refuse to agree with what he said was probably painfully true, Jisoo just knew he really couldn't lose him again...

But he is just worrying to much for nothing, they are just friends, Jisoo tried to shook it off and didn't want to let those unpleasant thoughts bother him anymore before turning the door knob.

"Welcome back!" A bright voice greeted him enthusiastically, the one that he missed so much that Jisoo thought he was having auditory hallucinations.

He almost wanted to rub his eyes whether the gorgeous being smiling at him was real, until the soft touch of the latter's hand landed on his, guiding him in.

Before stepping in, he took a quick glance at the number next to the door making sure he didn't walked into the wrong home. it wasn't a dream, it was well non other than his own home, so what was that angel of his doing here?    

Happiness soon over take the initial confusion, he isn't going to question his good luck, especially not when Jeonghan is here. 

Once pass the doorway, Jisoo take a step forward before wrapping his arms around the delicate boy's thin waist from behind and burried his face into the latter's neck, smelling his soothing scent, before murmuring a soft:  "I missed you." 

"Oh don't be silly, since when are you so touchy, Mr.Hong?" chuckled Jeonghan pinching his arm softly before pulling him into the living room "Come on in, we are not going to stand at the entrance all day, on top of that, I shouldn't even be the one inviting you in since it is your house."

Mrs.Hong let out a small squeak of joy, before rushing to hug his son tightly, yet as soon as they parted, she scolded:

"You are quite late, you should have called us instead of letting us wonder where you have been, Hong Jisoo!"

Jisoo bend over to place a quick kiss on her cheek, before replying apologetically:

"My flight was delayed and my phone died, sorry for making you worried."

When they finally all took a seat on the creamy colored cashmere coated couch, Jisoo's mother proceed to explain Jeonghan's sudden appearance:

"Your father and I decided to invite Jeonghan over for New Year since his parents went to visit Jeonghwa." and added to the regards of the long haired male "Darling, you should have let us know earlier, we would have invited you for Christmas as well."

Before she could chat any longer, the maid came over notifying of an urgent phone call awaiting for her.

After they are left alone, Jisoo turned towards his friend and asked: "So which room are you staying in?" 

"The guest bedroom?" Jeonghan took a sip of the tea in front of him quite unsure of the reason he is asking that.

"Have you consider, I don't know, maybe moving into mine instead?" Jisoo casually proposed.

Jeonghan crooked an eyebrow at that proposition and argued back:

"What make you think I would want to squeeze myself with another guy of almost the height when I can simply lay comfortably on my own bed without having to share with anyone else?"

"Well, there is something really special that you can't get there" smirked when Jeonghan tilt his head to the side questioning himself what it could be "It has me in it"

"Oh stop it! That's was gross!" Jeonghan jokingly pushed him away before bursting into laughter.

Luckily, Jisoo still managed to convinced the latter, after quite some nagging, to stay in his room for the night.

 

The pleasant scent of freshly cut flowers decorating every room and the appetizing smell flowing from the kitchen filled the Hong's mansion the next day, adding a festive touch for the upcoming New Year's eve.

After a late breakfast (thanks to Jisoo who promptly refused to wake up in the morning due to time lag and Jeonghan had to use force to drag him out of bed out ), the ginger male had leave with his father to business lunch with some company shareholders. 

Being left alone, Jeonghan kindly proposed help with the dinner preparation to which Mrs.Hong happily accepted. With Jisoo's mom adoration towards her friend's son, he was charged of tasting, also known as being fed with all kinds of delicious food. The only dish he actually participated in term of cooking was a plate of crispy chicken. 

Once Jisoo came back, Jeonghan ran towards him and proudly announced:

"We made you fried chicken!"

Jisoo, quite surprised, said:

"Really? I didn't think you would still remember that."

"How could I forget?" Jeonghan mischievously winked towards him before quoting: "Since chicken heals souls"

"Can you stop repeating embarrassing things I have said? we were like eight!" Jisoo frowned and crossed his arms, pretending to be mad, making both of them laugh a second later.

"Thank you Jagiya for making me that, I could marry you any day" The ginger male wrapped his arm around his shoulder as sign of gratitude

"I wouldn't do so even if they paid me millions of dollars" Jeonghan retorted with a wide grin.

They were granted a short before the guests came over, given them the time to rest a little and get changed. 

As Jeonghan was laying on his belly on the bed of its owner was playing some random notes on his guitar, he looked up to his ginger friend and started:

"I just realized I haven't asked it yet, how was LA?"

"It was alright, mostly just lots of bla bla, and even though I insisted that I didn't want to succeed that company, but you can't convince people already made up their mind." Jisoo replied with a annoyance in his tone, clearly unhappy with his trip to the States. 

"Well, you can always run away, like they do in novels" joked the long haired boy trying to cheer up his best friend. 

Jisoo chuckled at those words and blinked playfully: "Only if you do it with me"

They didn't say anything after that, to which the ginger male stopped his fingers from their random motion and start playing a soft melody, which Jeonghan recognized as officially missing you, one of his favourite ballad songs.

Jisoo then asked back: "Did you do something for Christmas?"

As he hummed along the song while spacing-out, the blonde male suddenly remembered at the mention of Christmas that he might have forgotten something important he should have said before: "Oh about that, there is something I should tell you...."

"What?" Jisoo didn't know where it came from, but he sensed bad feeling englobing him out of nowhere seeing his friend blushing slightly. 

"I...I went on a date with Seungcheol" Jisoo could fell heart stop at those words, all the colors were drained out of his face, his worst fear has became true. 

Quite worried of the latter's suddenly tensed body, the long haired male asked if he is feeling not well, to which he weakly nodded, before asking with a shaky voice:

"I thought you guys were just friends?"

"Yeah, but... Seungkwan and the others has leads me into a stupid bet, and it kind of went on like that..." Jeonghan still unconvinced of his friend's worrying behavior "Are you sure you feeling ok? You look scarily pale right now."

The maid knocked on the door and came just in time to let them know that the guests have arrived and dinner was ready just in time before Jisoo could almost explode at that moment.  

 

Mrs.Hong worked magic for a real feast that evening celebrating the transition the start of something new, dishes full of appetizing Korean and western food lavishly garnished the table, though it sound strange at first to mix both types of cuisine, harmonized quite well together.

The atmosphere was the most joyful and festive even if there were only dozens of people, mostly close family and friends who Jeonghan have met before.

Yet, Jisoo was awfully quieter during the supper, and focused mostly on the meat in front of him almost burying his face into his plate, making Mr.Hong laugh and joked that they must not have feed him properly in the States. Among all the dishes, the one he hasn't touched was the plate of chicken. 

With a mountain of food that Jisoo's mother managed piled onto his plate even after multiple attempt of polite refusals, Jeonghan thought his stomach is probably full up to his esophagus, making him slightly sleepy, not wanting to move a inch from his seat. 

On the other hand, Jisoo made up his mind, he knew it was now or never. And this time, he cannot lose Jeonghan.

So he drew his body closer to the latter's and while playing with his golden locks, asked: "Wanna go watch the fireworks?"
Jeonghan could really use a walk right now to easy up his digestion, so he nodded and followed the taller male outside.
As they headed towards the Han river, the night wind have rise and Jeonghan has shivering slightly in his light coat. At that sight, Jisoo took off his brown Chesterfield coat and lean it on his friend's should.
Surprised, Jeonghan raised an eyebrow and said, slightly offended: "Jisoo, you don't have to do that, I am not a girl"
Jisoo reassured him with his usual warm smile: "Does the fact I want to treat you well as has anything to do with gender?"
Jeonghan sighed in defeat but still willingly accepted as they fasten their pace.

Jisoo slowly started, eyes fixed on the road: "So, that Seungcheol..." 

then followed a small pause before he continued: "Do you love him?"

"No!" Jeonghan immediately reprimanded back, before mumbling "I mean, I just thought that I might gave him a chance since he seems to persistent..."

"But you went on a date with him, didn't you enjoy it?" the taller male continued, with voice colder than usual

"It was fun, but I don't know how I feel about him" Jeonghan continued with a quiet sighn "he seems like a nice guy, so I thought I might give it a try?"

 

As the boys finally arrived to the river, a big crowd of people of all ages were already waiting there. Adorable kids sitting on their father's shoulders, young friends gleefully trying to find the best viewing spots, elderly couples softly chatting together. A happy grin was drawn on each of their face, all excited towards the arrival brand new year of possibilities and happiness.

The pair stood next to the metallic fence, seeing the heavenly like being enthusiastically resting his hands the rail and staring at the sky, 

Jisoo took a quick look at his watch: 11:58 

He let out a deep sigh and started: "Jeonghan...there is something I want to say"

"What is it?" Jeonghan curiously looked back at the sincere tone in his voice.

A sharp ringtone broke the scene, and when Jeonghan looked down to his phone as he was about to answer, Jisoo grabbed his hand preventing him:
"No. Don't answer him."
"Jisoo, let go." Jeonghan shook that hand lightly and giggled. "How did you guess who it is anyway? I didn't even see the name yet."

But he didn't need to see to know it, he would have done the same thing if he was the latter, because they all both so desperately and foolishly in love with the most perfect angel their eyes landed on, willing to do whatever it takes to win over the empty seat in his heart.

As Jeonghan tried to escape his grip, his fingers landed by accident on the answering button, letting a "Hello? hello?" of a painfully familiar voice echoed from the speaker. 

Yet, the taller male overpowered with a strength that Jeonghan never knew he was capable of and shut the phone. 

"Jisoo, what are you doing?" 

The people around them started to count down.

"3!"

"There is something that I should have told you since a long time."

"2!"

"And it has been aching me for years."

"1!"

"I love you."

--------------------------------------------------

The millions of brightest color sparkles splashed onto the night canvas, letting shimmering silver stars swirling on the sky. 

Screams of joy and good wishes could be heard all around them, people were exchanging hugs and yelling "Happy new year!" to friends or strangers.

In contrast to the others, among them, stood an attractively handsome pair, one of them with his mouth slightly opened, complete dumbfounded, and the other has no clear emotion describable on his face, yet both of them are outstandingly silent in that festive atmosphere. 

As much as he would like to pretend he didn’t hear what the latter just said, it is quite clear from his expression that he indeed heard. So Jeonghan tried to laugh it off, praying to all the holy figures in the world it was just another of his unfunny jokes, yet when his eyes landed on his friend’s serious expression, he knew Jisoo wasn't playing.

From there confusion turned into panic, and before he knew, Jeonghan bluntly said: "What? It is just a prank right?" 

Jisoo softly continued: "I wish I can spend every following new years with you for the rest of our lifes."

The shorter male stammered while his eyes were turned towards the ground: "I-I don't know what to say."

None of them had interest in the fireworks or the celebrating crowd around them anymore, and they both simultaneously step out and started to walk back. 

 

After another five minutes of quietness, Jeonghan carefully asked: "Since when?"

"I can't quite pin point that either, maybe since when you left LA that I realized how unbearable it was to not have you by my side anymore, maybe since you decided to grow your hair longer, or even maybe just since the first day I have saw that bright smile on the most angelic face I have seen introduce himself as our new

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter