Spicy Kimchi and Greasy Burgers

Flower-Like Years (Currently under Construction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seungcheol didn’t know how he even manage to walk back to his dorm room, he wanted all at the same time,

Numbly opening his front door and finding Soonyoung, who lives next door, casually sitting in front of his sofa helping himself to his food and shouting a loud ‘yo’ to him only to receive no response.

Seeing his friend’s abnormal state, he stood up towards that stiff Seungcheol standing in the middle of the room like a statue having to wave his hand in front of his eyes before the latter wake up and proceed to sit up on the kitchen chair in machine-like manner.  

Sooyoung mentally scratched his first question of asking how the date went and directly proceed to the “my friend just got dumped better console him part”: “Dude, I promise I won’t judge if you want to cry now”

 “I can’t believe it…” Seungcheol blankly said to himself without acknowledging his friend. “He actually wanted to do it again.”

Soonyoung had to let the information sink in and mentally check to make sure he heard right, before blinking a few times and slapping loudly on his arm “Damn you, I got me scared that Jeonghan dumped you, why do you look so distressed when your crush finally returned your feelings!”

“Oh my God” Seungcheol then stood up and start pacing around the room panicking and mumbling to himself “What should I do now?” and grabbing the shorter male’s shoulder and shaking him violently. “What if he didn’t really mean it? Like it went like a disaster, it is already a miracle he didn’t walk out on me at the restaurant”

“Dude, chill, how bad could it have been if Jeonghan himself offered another date?” Soonyoung answered as he tried to stop all the shaking

“Bad as in ‘chocking on a penny in front your crush, falling asleep during the movie and even the Ferris wheel failed on you’ bad” The last words said, he buried his face into his hands only to hear the latter burst into laughter without any sympathy.

When finally calmed down, Soonyoung proposed: “But seriously, does Jeonghan looks like someone who will play with others' emotion?" and once seeing the latter shaking his head added "The ask him when he would like the second date!"

The two days later (suggested by his overconfident about his dating skills friend), Seungcheol nervously bitted on his lower lips with his phone pressed to his ear:

“Hello?” That voice he missed an awfully lot echoed from the speaker.

“Jeonghan, Was wondering since you said you didn't hate last time, like, hum, would you, I mean if you don't mind...” Seungcheol just couldn’t control his tongue with all his nervous traits showing and tensed up once he heard the latter’s angelic voice giggling on the other side.
He took a deep breath and went straight to the point: “Go on another date with me? I’ll need to go back to Daegu for New Year, but I can come back earlier and we can do something together?”

The other end of the line apologetically replied: 

“I am sorry, I already promised Jisoo I'll stay at his place for the rest of the break since his mom hasn't seen me in a long time and won’t let me go.”
Seungcheol's shoulder dropped. He knew it was too good to be true.

“But we can always meet after the semester starts, what do you say?"
“I'd love to!” It is not hard to hear from the latter's excitement and happiness which contagiously drew a smile on the Jeonghan’s lips on the other side.

-----------------------------------

He has never been so excited at the idea of going back to school, seeing the light on their room light up (yes, he has come so many times he practically the exact angle and position of their window, no, he is not a stalker and creepy behavior, at least that's what he tries to convince himself)

Stormed up the stairs, knocked on the door a few times, only to have Jun opening the door for him with a teasing smile.

"Well, well, look who is here! I guess if you are standing here it means your date probably went well didn't it?" which made the latter blush slightly as he cleared his throat before asking for Jeonghan. 

"Can't you pretend at least pretend you are slightly interested in greeting me?” Jun faked an exasperated sigh “But I have to say that's some mad level of dedication to come when it is not even the first day of school yet, no, actually, thinking about it twice, I didn't except anything less from you.” 

The law student tapped on his feet and eyeing him to stop his monologue.

In front of the latter's growing impatience, the Chinese boy smirked:" But sorry lover boy, long haired prince hasn’t come home now." but added before the latter could grow mad: “He just texted me telling me he'll back in max five minutes. You can wait for him inside if you want” kindly offered Jun. 

"I'll wait for him downstairs then." He shovered a pot of homemade kimchi his mom gave him in monstrous quantity to share with his friend before turning on his heels.

Leaving the latter shouting with a Korean slightly accented came from behind "Wait for him in front of the building, not the front gate! Don't look so desperate!" to which he returned showing his fist menacingly earning a loud laughter from the latter.

After multiple false alerts of other returning students, Seungcheol sat on the front stairs like a defeated puppy, it has been eight minutes now. 

As the familiar always so stunning figure finally appeared around the corned, he excitedly jumped up yet stopped to walk any further once he saw the person following behind him… Hong Jisoo.

They exchanged a few words before that American boy hugged Jeonghan too overfriendly and tightly. But he didn’t move like his instinct told him to, his conscience kept him back since he doesn’t quite have that title to do so yet.

Luckily, they separated a moment later, but Jeonghan didn’t turn on his heels as expected. Instead, he stood there, staring at his best friend’s figure disappearing into his line of sight. Seungcheol slowly approached him and tugged his slim body into his embrace from the back.

Now that he was close enough to take a better look of the one he thought of all days, the first thing he noticed were those magnificent eyes he loves now looks puffy as Jeonghan helpless tried to hide it, Seungcheol frowned at this sight: "Are you crying? Did that bastard hurt you?" 

"No, it wasn't him, I was the one that was a bastard” Jeonghan’s choked on his words, even if it wasn’t the right moment, Seungcheol couldn’t help to find how incredibly cute he sounded with a stuffed nose.

He reassured him: "You'll always be forgiven by me no matter what you did." 

A slow response came sometimes after his voice with his face buried onto the latter’s broad chest: "Even if I did something really bad?"

 

He pressed a kiss on his forehead gently: "Nothing will ever be bad enough for me to stop loving you" 

And added cheekily to lighten up the mood:

“I’ll help you bury the corpse if you killed someone.”

Those words made the latter chuckle and added:

“I thought you were a law maker?”

“I am sure God will forgive me for helping his angel.”

---------------------------------------------

Their second date's promise was fulfilled just a little before Valentin's day. Unlike the first one, Jeonghan insisted this time to go somewhere Seungcheol would usually go, even if it was just with friends. So they went to a much less posh yet still as delicious small bulgogi restaurant and then Seungcheol dragged him to one of the underground rap concerts he sometimes would spend his weekends at. At first the elder was afraid that Jeonghan might dislikes those much more commoner’s activities, yet the latter seems to enjoy everything as much as himself. In a much more less pressured environment, Seungcheol finally felt his confident self back and teased the latter much more than their first date and he wasn’t disappointed with the rewarding sight of the blond boy blushing and giggling at his flirty words and the more or less accidental skin contacts. After the show, they end up by grabbing a quick bite of some teobboki at a street food stand as late night snack.

And since they weren’t so far from home, they decided to walk back, the unspoken truth that both wanted to spend a little more time together and don’t let the night end so soon.

As a comfortable silence hang around them, Seungcheol slowly started stopping on their path:

“So are we... together now?” 

“Maybe you should try asking it again?” Jeonghan turned around and playfully blinked his eyes. 

Seungcheol stared sincerely into his eyes and said:

“Yoon Jeonghan, I know it sounds crazy that we have only know each for not even half a year, but I love you so madly and I’ll do everything in my power to make you the happiest being in this world, would you be my boyfriend?” 

“No…” Seungcheol’s heart almost dropped to the ground, when Jeonghan then added “is not the right answer” laughed the ethereal boy at his harmless prank and restated with a wide grin: “of course, what a silly question Choi Seungcheol!” A pair of warm lips were pressed against his own preventing him from continuing with his harmless pranking. He slowly closed his eyes returning the affection as the stars in the sky hide behind the clouds as if they were blushing at that loving scene.

---------------------------------------------

Starting everyday with good morning and ending every evening with good night calls, eating lunch together, discovering each other’s music taste, going out on the weekends to explore one other’s favorite places around Seoul were all things that made Seungcheol felt like walking on clouds for the past few weeks.

Another privilege he took great pleasure in is being abl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter