Bubbling Champagne and Plum Pudding

Flower-Like Years (Currently under Construction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you agree with all the conditions listed above?"

Seungcheol blinked twice, dumbfounded, staring at the ten paged document in front of him, he didn't catch a single word among all those fancy medical terms his lovely angel just read, yet making that pretty male read again will be too bothersome (and most importantly, he didn't want to sound stupid)

But as a future lawyer, he knew agreeing with anything with doubt in it is never a good, therefore the law student chose the middle ground and raised his hand asking:

"so... the drugs you are going to test on me are they dangerous?"

Jeonghan shook his head and sighed: "I am sorry, it is my fault to forget you don't understand any of those, I am not working on a drug."

"Then what are you working on?" Seungcheol curiously asked

"That needs to be kept in secret for now, but you'll know it in about a year, if everything goes well, so if you could not spread around what you see in this lab..." Jeonghan slowly explained.

"Anything for you!" the taller male put a hand on his heart as sign of loyalty.

The blonde male chuckled at that movement and continued:

"I'll just need your blood sample for now and maybe some skin allergy tests later, I'll buy you a meal one of those days after this."

As Seungcheol opens his mouth again, Jeonghan cut him with a slow voice: 

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to" Jeonghan insisted looking at him straight in the eyes "I mean it"

"I won't mind dying for you, and I mean it too" Seungcheol's tone was more serious and stared back the latter's soft brown eyes, before he proudly bragged:  "And plus, I am too handsome anyway for anything bad to happen to me."

Jeonghan rolled his eyes and mocked: "Did you took confidence 101 with Professor Boo Seungkwan?"

After their warranty signed, and his wrist swept by alcohol, that's when Seungcheol remembered, he hated needles. 

 

Get to meet his angel at their biweekly session felt like a dream, it has become their own little thing that non other can interrupt them, even his fear for needles seem to become more bearable 

His steps fasten at the thoughts of Jeonghan, once knocking on the door, a disagreeably familiar face greeted him instead,

he would never forget the one standing in front of him, though his soft appearance, the man was the reason of keeping him away from his loved one with harsh words, even though Jeonghan probably told him to do so, but still, unlike his other nice fellow med school friends, the ginger male was nothing of a friendly presence,

Jeonghan walked up them as well, and quickly presented:

"Seungcheol, this is Jisoo, and Jisoo, Seungcheol"

The ginger male took a step forward and said with his casual smile:

"We met before, but it is nice seeing you again" tending his hand forward.

Seungcheol didn't want to make a fuss in front of Jeonghan, especially when the latter is acting so nicely, unwillingly shook the hand in front of him.

Upon the contact, both males tried to crash the other's fingers harder while staring intensely at each other.

Jeonghan's voice pulled them back from their staring contest, and as Jisoo followed behind the blonde male, the way he wrapped his arm around the latter's shoulder, and the sweetness in his smile rang an alarm in his head.

Before he was only 80%, now he is 200% sure, that guy is a rival trying to win over Jeonghan! And he is not letting that happen.

 

-----------------------------------------

Jeonghan rubbed his temples and sighed for the countless time of the day, at first he thought he was lucky enough to find himself two helpers who are now fighting like two kindergarten children.

Ever since they met again in his lab, Jisoo and Seungcheol will come to join him everyday, trying to aid with all the small tasks they can do. 

Yet, when they see each other, one of them will start pick on the other, eventually leading up to endless arguments and conflicts in it, one accusing the other for pushing him, the other defending that the one stepped on him first, Jeonghan felt they were as annoying as those teenager girls arguing over nothing in high school.  

"What's all that fanfare about? I can hear you even from the next room" Soon, Jun peeked his head into the lab room as well.

"Nothing, how are my cells doing?" Jeonghan stood up, happily to finally find an escape to that endless trap. 

"Since it is done by me, how can you doubt it to be anything other than perfect?" Jun moved his fingers sassily strangely similar to a familiar curly brown haired boy, the blonde male felt defeated, Seungkwan is really the source to all his headaches. 

Fortunately, Jun turned his attention towards his new law student turned friend and happily exclaimed: 

"Heard that you are an AB-! Did you know they call it panda blood in China to show how rare it is? And by the way, can I have some of it as well?"

Jeonghan groaned upon his request:
"Stop it Jun, you don't even work with blood and he'll drain himself if we both start using his."
Jun slightly amused with the answer, shifted his gaze towards an obviously unpleased ginger boy seeing his friend defending Seungcheol, so he smirked and asked again: "Then what about Jisoo?"


Jeonghan didn't even bother looking up anymore and sighed "we are the same blood type, just use mine" before shooing them out:

"Ok, chatting time is over, get back to work you, pointing towards Jun, you better have finished that paper when I come by later, and both of you probably should go as well, don't you have anything else to do?"

Jisoo pouted linking his arm with Jeonghan’s:
"I am not leaving, I have nothing to do, all I planned today was staying with you, and we could dinner together!”
"Hey, I asked him first!" shouted Seungcheol from behind.

"Sorry your angel will be sleeping with me tonight~" Jun winked, enjoying himself a little too much by spreading salt on the wound. 

Jeonghan who couldn't be bother to keep his manners anymore, yelled:
"Oh shut it! All of you! I am not going home tonight anyway our report deadline is approaching." 

Before they can retort, Jeonghan pushed all three of them out, locked the door and pulled down the curtain.

----------------------------

Sunday, 

the only day Jeonghan had a little bit of peace to himself. When he woke up in the late afternoon, his roommate was nowhere to be found. Finally getting that well deserved silence and rest, the long haired boy was debating whether he should go back to bed or do something else than chewing on his cereals. 

Yet, ten minutes later, a violent knocking could be heard from the outside, and Seungkwan showed up at his door way with a Seokmin in one arm and a bunch of old dramas demanding popcorn and making himself comfortable on the sofa.

So there they were, Jeonghan and Seungkwan squeezed on the sofa, while Seokmin and Jun who came back not long ago sat on the ground, all eyes starring at the screen, snack and junk foods passing around them.

Half way through the show, Seungkwan started, clearly unimpressed by the drama's plot: 

"Those childhood friends turned into couples, so typical and overused " It sounded just like just a whine Boo Seungkwan would do in any normal day, yet he added to the regards of a certain blonde male: "kind of like Seungcheol and Jihoon, you know, that fluffy short boy with bright pink hair?"

Jeonghan's hand reaching for the cola stayed in the air for a second hearing those words, before he tried to act indifferent and asked:

"They...dated before?" 

"Yeah, that's what I heard from Hansol, but they broke up a long time ago." to which the long haired boy nodded yet remained silent.

"Why are you suddenly so interested?" Seungkwan gave him a suggestive smirk: "You never liked gossip much before"

The blonde boy tried to remain impassive:

"Nothing, just curious about how could that a cute boy like him would chose Seungcheol in his right mind."

Seokmin joined in as well and defended the non present law student:

"What is about him, he is handsome, in a promising career, with an awesome personality and surrounded by friends, and even with the title of basketball team captain, I bet there is a trail of guys and girls longing for him."

Jeonghan blurted out: "He is also annoyingly clingy, cheesy and loud, the only positive thing about him is probably his looks."

Seungkwan shook his head and said: "You are just in denial, but at least you admit you thinks he is visually attractive." 

"Brains before beauty, ever heard of that?" Jeonghan scoffed, grabbing the remote control to increase the volume. 

His friends seem to take the hint and no one said anything after this.

Even if Jeonghan tried really hard to focus on the drama in front of him, his mind always seems to fly back to the revelation he just heard about Jihoon... that boy is so adorable, no wonder Seungcheol would fall for him, even though they broke up, but they still seem so close… does Seungcheol still like him? Where that puts him then? And between Jihoon and himself, who would Seungcheol prefer? 

As Jeonghan was lost in his thoughts, the boys around him seem to have notice a change as well, and were now all staring at him with wide grins, making him snap back to reality.

Jeonghan tried shook off the redness of his face as he ran back to the kitchen in the excuse of making more popcorn.

Yet, Seungkwan keep up the subject where it was once he came back and continued on:

"But how do you know he won't be a good boyfriend? It is not like you dated him before."

"Don't try to provoke me like that, that won't work" Jeonghan responded, now back to his calm self, eyes glued to the TV screen. 

Seungkwan's sassiness kicked in and disagreed while snapping his fingers:

"Excuse me? Who do think you are for the fabulous me to set you up like that? I couldn't care less who that law boy is dating, and I bet there is a ton of people throwing themselves at him anyway, he will definitely eventually find someone else that is not afraid to admit to like him back."

"Yeah, you bet and I'll be more than happy to be finally left alone." Jeonghan mockingly retorted back.

"You are saying that just because you are too scared you'll fall for him" Seokmin joined in as well.

"No, I am not." Jeonghan argued back, turning his gaze towards his friends. 

"Yeah? Then prove it!" added Jun.

Seungkwan challenged him:

"You know what? Let's bet! If you actually go on a date with him and don't fall for him, then we would replace you all the house chores for an entire month, and if you do like him, then just freaking accept him already!" 

"Deal! Be prepare to clean our room!" Jeonghan slapped his out reached palm in agreement, he thought he could just pretend that it is a friend date anyway.

But then his best friend who knew him way too well added:

"Yeah, but that's not fair, you could just hypnotize yourself onto thinking it is a 'friends' date." making the later sigh in defeat and groaned:

"Then what do you want me to do? It is not like you can control my mind." Jeonghan scoffed

"No, but pinky promise that you'll truely going to try to open your heart and let it decide what is right or wrong." Seungkwan added, raising his pinky finger forward. 

"Fine, I promise, alright?" hooking his own finger with the latters and pressing their thumbs together.

As Jeonghan went out after to answer a phone call, Seungkwan high fived Seokmin and Jun in the back and giggle at how well their plan went as predicted.

"I still can't believe he actually fall for such a simple plan." Seokmin laughed happily relieved it finished as planned.

"Me neither, but they say love makes you blind, I guess it could make you dumb as well?" Jun joked at it as well.

Seungkwan shook his head and smirked: 

"Nan, Jeonghan just needed an excuse, believe it or not, even that perfect Yoon Cheonsa-nim has his pride, he wants to check if he likes Seungcheol as much as all of us, but he needs an extra push in the back." 

and then added, taking his phone out of his pocket:

"Now that we convinced Cinderella, let's make sure prince charming knows what he should be doing."

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

"Where is Seungcheol?" asked Hansol once he stepped into their dorm's common room. 

"Dunno, but we know that he is either with Jeonghan or on his way to meet Jeonghan” Wonwoo calmly replied making his friends laugh around him.

Soonyoung slowly started:

"Talking about that med school boy, there isn't much progress between them, so I was thinking they might need an extra hand of help"

"What do you have in mind?" Wonwoo furrowed his brows, those boys were known to be mischievous, hopefully this time he won't be the one apologizing all the time for them again.

"You'll see." winked Sooyoung in response.

 

December ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter