Close Proximity

Skater Boys

 The potty mouth strikes again.


 Jihoon couldn't make any words come out of his mouth. It was as if they were stuck in his throat, much like the way he was currently stuck laying directly on top of Seungcheol. Branches were digging into his sides and there were cuts on his palms from the fall, dirt was all over his clothes and he was about 90% sure that there was something rotting in the proximity because an alarmingly strong sickly-sweet smell was filling his nose.

But instead of focusing on his woodland surroundings he just couldn't stop thinking about the warm body beneath him, how Seungcheol was just dazedly gazing up at him with rosy cheeks and a huge grin, and how the arms around his waist were gradually getting tighter and tighter. Ouch wait that's too tight!

"Um Seungcheol, I'm not a pillow and I need to breathe to live so would you mind maybe loosening up a bit?" Jihoon whispered with furrowed brows as there was no longer a pleasant look on the other's face. Instead there was one of fear.

"Oh uh, uh, s-sorry"

"Maybe you could let go all together so I could sit up? You know there is no real reason to trap me here, I kinda want to move because I don't know if it's you but something smells" Jihoon said in an irritated voice as he tried to sit up but yet again the arms tightened, and one hand had even moved up his back; the large hand had splayed out and was pressing Jihoon down till he was chest to chest with Seungcheol. And worse, face to face with Seungcheol. The taller male's breath which was coming out in short pants and was fanning across his face.

"Uh, yeah you can sit up, just uh, um lean to the left when you sit up there's a twig behind you, yeah it's all pointy wouldn't want to scratch yourself" Seungcheol said in a very shaky voice, his face going paler and paler by the minute.

"Oh thanks I guess" Jihoon said, slightly confused as to why Seungcheol was turning pale from a single branch. Wait, was he turning pale because Jihoon was heavy? With flaming cheeks he quickly spun around to locate the branch in order to avoid said obstacle so he could stop suffocating Seungcheol as quickly as possible. How awkward, suffocating his crush, nice one Jihoon.

But there was no twig, no branch. Nothing even remotely pointy. All that was to the left of him was a bush covered in bright green leaves and a relatively large spider dangling in mid air. With a look of confusion on his features Jihoon looked back and forth between Seungcheol and the empty space containing the brown spindly limbed spider, could it be that Seungcheol is...?

 

 

"Hansol, I swear to god if you tell anyone about what I just said I will end you." Seungkwan said with a deadly serious expression on his face. He liked how playful Hansol was with him, how no matter what he said to the other said male just took it in his stride and came back with some other insult. But now was different, now in his hot-headedness he had revealed one of Jihoon's oldest secrets, Hansol just did things like that to him, made him so flustered that Seungkwan just couldn't focus.

"I won't if you won't?"

"God yes, deal!"

"...Seungkwan, you know just because we can't tell anyone about this doesn't mean that we can't-"

"Talk about it! Yes please let's! Oh my god I can't believe it! After all these years the same Seungcheol who rejected Jihoonie in third year is now the same one that likes Jihoon?! That's such a hilarious coincidence!" Seungkwan squealed as he burst out laughing.

 

Hansol looked down to find Seungkwan howling with laughter and clapping his hands together excitedly. If he was honest it was actually quite a funny coincidence but it meant that Seungcheol probably had no chance with Jihoon considering all that he did to the poor boy in third year after the hockey incident. As annoyed as he was at his friend he did feel slightly sorry for Cheol as he genuinely liked the so called 'tiny Satan'.

"So, there's no possibility that Jihoon will even give Seungcheol a chance, this is the first time he's actually liked anyone that I've known of at least, please be honest with me I'm worried about Cheol and I don't want him to get hurt" Hansol asked worriedly, he was slightly nervous upon asking this as he was afraid that Seungkwan would just brush it off with some sassy or snide remark.

 

Seungkwan was completely taken back by how genuine Hansol was being right now, how concerned he looked about his best friend. Maybe there was more to Hansol than sarcasm or insults, and maybe there was more than just slight interest that Seuncheol felt for his best friend? "Uh I don't actually know, I mean, well, oh sod it you already know too much! There's this guy at the drive thru where he works and he comes round every Thursday and buys an ice cream or a cookie and spends about 10 minutes talking to Jihoon about his day through the microphone on the box outside and then always buys Jihoon an ice cream or a cute note and 'anonymously' leaves it with another member of staff or on the counter each time. And Jihoon, despite only catching glimpses of the guy every now and then, he's kind of fallen for him" Seungwkan rambled, he was torn between regretting it as soon as the words left his mouth and the indisputable feeling that he could trust Hansol.

"Oh my god." Hansol abruptly said before he began pacing, his mind whirring with the the sudden realisation.

"What what?! You can't just say oh my god and leave me at that, I'll just die of curiously tell me tell me please Hansollie!" Seungkwan whined as he tugged on Hansol's hand in order to get his attention once more.

Hansol froze as he felt the hand clutching at his own and before he knew it he had intertwined their fingers. He glanced down and stared in horror. His own hand was much larger than Seungkwan's, and his skin was just a little bit darker than the other's, unlike the soft ones within his grasp his were so incredibly rough from all the times he'd fallen face first off of his board and had had nothing but the skin of his palms between the concrete and a broken tooth. The smooth and pale hands couldn't be any more different from his own, and quite frankly they looked odd wound so tightly together.

But Hansol liked it, and upon that realisation he suddenly let go and the now free hand flew up to rub at the back of his neck, a nervous habit he'd developed as a child. "Oh uh, uh, nevermind it was nothing, but those narly skates you have their boo certainly aren't nothing, where'd you find them? The girls department?" Hansol said, cringing at how badly his little cover up had been, truth was that he just couldn't even remember what the two of them had been talking about, his mind was suddenly a disgustingly sweet haze containing flashbacks about how soft Seungkwan's hand were.

 

Though it seemed Seungkwan had another idea, because in flash the shorter male had grabbed the hand fiddling with the baby hairs on the back of his neck and tugged it forward once more. He was now cradling it within both of his own and and holding it to his chest.

"Please Hansol?" Seungkwan whispered, pulling out all the stocks and throwing him irresistible puppy dog eyes in the mix as well. It seemed that the eyes did the trick as Hansol began spilling his theory about how Thursday was the one day that him and Seungcheol don't hang out because the blonde is apparently always busy on the day. It was a long shot, but if the drive thru guy was Seungcheol then it would probably be the best coincidence ever.

 

Hansol couldn't believe he'd just spilled his guts to Seungkwan. All it took was for the other to look at him with those eyes and he'd caved instantly. Though he kept pausing and stopping throughout his little secret spilling session which thankfully the other didn't even notice. This was because Seungkwan was still holding his hand, continuing to play with his fingers and had even begun marvelling at the size difference of their hands much like he had previously. The shorter male had slipped his ring on and off for a bit before settling on idly drawing intricate patterns all over his skin. It was becoming a bit of a problem as as the conversation continued Seungkwan had begun tracing over the veins near the skin on his wrist and is was making his heart thump and shudders over take his body. It was such a gentle and caring touch, and the featherlight graze of fingertips was almost ticklish.

"Hey, hey Seungkwan, could you uh, stop doing that it kind of tickles? If you stop I'll give you your phone back? Oh and why were you even calling Jihoon in the first place, I thought that quote on quote one was never without the other?"

 

Seungkwan looked down in some level of shock. Part of him had registered the warmth radiating from within his palms was from Hansol's hand and not of his imagination, he'd felt the callouses underneath his fingertips and the cool metal of the other's ring as he slid it off and on. He knew that he probably really should of let go a while ago but he liked holding Hansol's hand, he liked comparing the sizes and awing at how tiny his own hands looked in comparison. He liked how every now and then Hansol would squeeze his hand if he stopped fiddling or touching, and how Hansol himself didn't even seem phased by it. Maybe, just maybe it wasn't so bad, holding hands with Hansol like this? Maybe Hansol wasn't so bad as well. But then the questioned the other had asked him caused to remember his horrendous day.

 

"Yes how could I forget! That ! He stole my ice cream and then pushed me in a puddle and then kept making fun of me about you a.k.a my totally not boyfriend which you totally aren't because I hate you! And then he ran away after pushing me over leaving me absolutely soaked, alone, and lost, and then you stole my phone and well then you just existed in general and now I swear to god that if you don't I'll murder you but right now you're going to give me my phone back so I can kill Jihoonie and then so I can kill you too okay? Okay!" Seungkwan screamed at the other at a frightening speed and by the end of it he had smacked Hansol for no reason other than to emphasise his point about four times and was currently squishing his face within his hands.

Hansol's mouth turning into a puckered up kissy face and Seungkwan tried to bleach the thought of how cute he looked right now straight out of his mind but oddly it wasn't working. So he snatched his phone back, punched Hansol again for good measure and then stormed off, but he lingered at the corner to a pathway lined with trees and shrubbery.

"Well?! What are you waiting for!?"

"What the hell are you on about boo?" Hansol said as he tried to massage the life back into his poor, abused cheeks.

"Um you're coming with me to help me find Jihoon? ing duh you "

"Oh yeah because that was so obvious, forgive me my queen boo, didn't realise you needed an assistant to murder your best friend!" Hansol shouted, sarcasm evident in his tone, but never the less he promptly ran after Seungkwan in order to find said tiny Satan.

 

 

"Seungcheol, are you afrai-"

"Don't say it, don't even say the word, and don't say I'm afraid or it'll know and they can sense fear and then it'll attack me and I'll die so just shut up!" Seungcheol whispered, the spider was sending him into such a fierce panic that he didn't even have time to feel the mortification of having his crush literally in his lap while he freaked out over a spider. But spiders were totally scary so his actions were totally valid. Totally.

 

Jihoon honestly couldn't believe it, this massive guy who very clearly works out as he was both a very solid and a very thick pillow underneath him, this resident bad boy of the school was scared of a bloody spider. Admittedly, bursting out laughing may of not been a very good idea yet he couldn't bring himself to contain the laughter bubbling out of his mouth.

But he quickly stopped when he looked down and saw red erupting over Seungcheol's face and how the muscles in his jaw were twitching as said jaw locked tightly. "Okay okay I'm sorry, I won't laugh anymore but come on its just a little spider, he's harmless!" Jihoon said as he turned and reached out towards the multi-legged insect.

"Don't! Please don't!" Seungcheol shouted as he grabbed Jihoon's hand and pulled it back down, but the movement had caused the single strand of web that the spider was hanging from to swing back and forth. And now the spider was on the move, extending the strand down further and further and that meant..

 

Jihoon looked down in alarm when Seungcheol flat out started hyperventilating and whimpering as if he were about to cry. And quite frankly Seungcheol did look as if he were genuinely about to cry. That's when he noticed the spider travelling downwards and that it would inevitably come to rest on Seungcheol's chest, and that was when it clicked. The frightened male was suddenly squirming underneath him because the spider was going to land on him. Jihoon wasn't exactly fond of spiders, no one was, but he could handle them without screaming like a child. So with slightly shaking hands he reached out and caught the offending spider in his hand.

 

Seungcheol let out a wheeze of a breath that he had been holding since the demonic insect had started moving abut now now that Jihoon had caught it in his hand he instantly relaxed. The boy placed the spider on the ground next to him and wiped his hand on his black hoodie with some brand sprawled across the front which Seungcheol didn't recognise. With that horrifying ordeal dealt with he felt his eyes close in relief, and that's when the absolute humiliation of what had just happened began to set in.

He was laying on slightly damp earth with his crush sat on his lap, thigh bracketing either side of his waist; thankfully not his hips as that would mean Jihoon would be sitting in a place that he definitely shouldn't be, not that Seungcheol would be against him sitting there, squirming or wriggling against his... no no no Seungcheol stop, do not think about that, absolutely do not think about Jihoonie sitting there or doing that! Bad decision bad decision..!

Seungcheol was snapped out of his slightly questionable train of thought by something tickling his arm, so he reached a hand across and brushed off the leaf or whatever it was and instead tried to focus on what to do with the bundle of pink haired adorable-ness sat on his stomach. But then the damn tickling came back. Huffing as he twisted around and lent over in order to get a better look at what was tickling his arm Seungcheol nearly screamed.

 

Jihoon nearly screamed as suddenly Seungcheol flew forwards at an incredible speed until he crashed straight into his own chest and was repeating the words "it's on me its on me its on me!" over and over into the space between his shoulder and neck. Lips brushing the bare skin with every word.

Jihoon froze.

Strong, bare arms were curled around his waist, and a cold nose was nuzzling into his bare skin making him shiver and flinch, but the hot breath fanning over his skin quickly balanced out the icy feature that was pressed into his skin. He was pressed chest to chest with Seungcheol who even upon being reassured that the spider wasn't on him hadn't yet moved away, instead the hands were clinging on even tighter and were forcefully rubbing circles into his back.

The hands sliding up and down his back now and had even ventured into the dangerous territory of his hips and thighs. But if he was honest, Jihoon didn't even mind, the touch was soothing, calming even and it was making his heart pound and a low hum to sound from the back of his throat. He felt like a purring cat being petted by his loving owner, and Jihoon was more than happy to allow Seungcheol to continue him ministrations. Though he began to hiss in shock as the same cold hands slipped up underneath the back of his hoodie.

"Seungcheol, remove you're hands. Now."

"But it's cold!"

"Then you should of brought a hoodie , quite being a parasite and trying to leach off of my heat!"

That was until he heard the other boy mumble curses under his breath, and all of a sudden Seungcheol was reaching behind himself and wrapping Jihoon's legs around his back and then began shuffling backwards. That was when Jihoon heard the shouting and heavy footsteps coming from the start of the pathway.

And it sounded a hell of a lot like Seungkwan so it finally clicked that Seungheol was trying to hide them both in the bush by pressing the two of them further and further into the foliage. In order to make the process easier he held up a hand in front of Seungcheol's face to halt his actions and began swapping his clunky skates for trainers instead. But who was Seungcheol hiding from, and who was Seungkwan shouting at? There was another male voice that he just couldn't place.

Just as the was a loud crash directly in front of the barely visible gap that the two of them were hiding in he felt the cold hands once again slip up underneath his hoodie. But this time, he felt the brutal chill directly on his soft skin. Just as he was about to scream in protest he heard Seungkwan's voice directly behind him and the sound soon died in his throat. It seemed that Seungcheol knew Jihoon couldn't voice his protest so he slid his palms further up the newly discovered flesh and buried his face in the warmer boy's shoulder once more and just sighed.

Jihoon had no idea what was going on, why he was still in Seungcheol's lap, why Seungcheol was cuddling him or why Seungcheol only seemed to snuggle even closer still as he wrapped his arms around the broad shoulders and began playing with the blonde and purple hair.

 

 

"Hansol wait, stop for a second I'm going to change shoes, I can't keep these skates on they're soaking wet" Seungkwan whined as he slipped that bag off of his back and sat down on the floor.

"Ugh fine, actually no wait yeah change them. I would honestly die of humiliation if anyone saw me out with you in the first place but you in those ty pink skates would be even worse!" Hansol snidely remarked.

"Um excuse me you peasant, if anyone should be embarrassed it's me for being associated with a stupid lowlife like you!"

"Oh wow, big words for a guy in girls roller skates, better watch out for you, we've got a serious bad man over here!" Hansol laughed as he raised his hands in mock surrender to the so called 'bad man'.

 

Seungkwan paused, he was mid way through lacing up his sneakers when he swore he felt something literally snap within him as he stopped talking, calmly placed his skates inside his bag, and then stood while swinging the bag around till it hit his shoulders with a thud. And that was when he launched himself at Hansol, curses flying from his mouth as he raced after the male now sprinting in the opposite direction.

With his breath coming out in ragged pants paired with a scream of frustration, the bag on his back fell to the floor and Hansol quickly turned around to laugh at his enraged expression. Said male's blue penny board slipped out of his hand and it tumbled to the floor. The board though small proved to be a worthy obstacle as Hansol tripped over it ended up falling flat onto his back with a cry of pain. And Seungkwan quickly followed.

 

Hansol felt the very air from his lungs expelled with such an incredible force as Seungkwan landed so heavily on top of him that it was as if the lungs themselves had flown from his body along with his breath. Pain blossomed on the back of his skull and his breath came out in wheezing pants but his breath completely stopped when he opened his eyes.

Boo Seungkwan, his boo, his baby, his queen boo, just his, was hovering above him and staring at him. Mere centimetres between them, centimetres that separated their lips, a centimetre gap that could so easily be closed if he just leant in...

 

Seungkwan gazed down at Hansol, drinking in his features while the other closed his eyes. His head was thrown back exposing his neck and underside of his jaw, and a jawline so sharp that Seungkwan swore if he dragged his lips across it they'd catch on the bone and become littered with cuts. Honestly he didn't think he'd mind, Jihoon might have a point when he makes the whole 'not boyfriend' joke thing, only Seungkwan wasn't so sure he like the not part of that joke.

Another thing he was having concerning thoughts about was the fact that Hansol had opened his eyes and was shifting closer and closer, arms wrapping around his middle and sliding up his back therefore pressing his body down till it aligned inch for inch with Hansol's. His breath was coming out in pants and he could feel the heat radiating off of his own cheeks and the ground beneath his palms which were placed either side of Hansol's head was crumbling beneath his hands as he balled them into fists.

Panic gripped him like a vice. He was about to kiss Hansol. Hansol. And Hansol was about to kiss him. Panic was replaced by yearning as something unknown burned through his veins, and it only ignited as their lips brushed.

But before they got any closer than the briefest whisper of a promise of what could come next a huge snapping sound boomed from directly next to them, and the sight that greeted them left them shocked to the core.

 

 

Jihoon could feel himself slowly slipping into a half awake and half asleep state, his brain was fuzzy as he slipped in and out of consciousness yet he was still awake enough to tell that Seungcheol's hands had finally warmed up. No longer did icy fingers cause his back to arch and create muffled screams that died in his throat when he remembered that Seungkwan was about a metre away even if he couldn't see his murderous best friend.

But instead warm and broad hands massaged the muscles in his thighs before slipping back underneath his shirt whenever the bitter chill turned the other's bare fingers numb once more. The callouses on Seungcheol's palms catching on his skin and causing him to shiver and shudder under the rough touch. Stifled laughter was silenced as he pressed his face into Seungcheol's neck because the other had grazed his sides and after lifting his head from the other's shoulder he saw a distinct smirk on the male's face. A look of horror was probably on his own as he saw a look of utter mischief take over the other's features, and that was when he felt the hands dance up and down his sides.

 

Seungcheol marvelled in the feeling of the soft skin beneath his palms. He'd firstly shoved his hands underneath the black hoodie in a desperate search for warmth. Lately the days were boiling but at night the temperature dropped so abruptly it was like it had been shot. But he'd quickly removed them when it was evident to see that Jihoon was having none of it, though when he'd seen Seungkwan just metres away it had clicked that Jihoon just couldn't voice his objections anymore so yet again he fumbled to get his numbs fingers pressed against the heated flesh.

Though this time he'd managed to get his hands underneath the other's actual shirt yet before he could apologise profusely for over stepping his boundaries Jihoon had melted against his shoulder while emitting a sound of happiness and contempt.

So he'd decided to test his boundaries, he started off by rubbing circles into the other's back until his hands warmed up again but then deciding that if this was the only time he'd even get this close to the one he was fawning over he made the choice to test his luck.

He slowly moved his hands out and underneath of the sweater and instead placed them on the other's hips before throwing away all sense of morals and ran them over the other's thighs instead. And after seeing no difference in the way that Jihoon was acting he left his hands there. That was when he felt the arms wrap around his shoulders and hands slip into his hair, and Seungcheol swore that this must be a dream because he could feel Jihoon settling into his lap and leaning more heavily against his shoulder as soft snores escaped his mouth.

Seungcheol could practically feel the happiness bubbling in his chest and threatening to spill over and out of his mouth in words of love and admiration for the adorable boy in his arms, he couldn't believe he'd never noticed Jihoon up until recently. Undoubtedly it was the pink hair that had sparked his attention.

Seungcheol was snapped out of his reminiscing by Jihoon stirring and the snores ceasing. His hands were underneath the shirt once more because they had gotten cold yet again and he was surprised by gentle giggling in his ear that was quickly muffled by a hand or something. But the press of lips and harsh exhales of air on his neck told him otherwise, that the captivating laughter was being muffled by his shoulder. Though as quickly as the sensations had come they left, only to be replaced with a fearful face popping into view. Seungcheol just couldn't resist brushing over the same spot again and watching as the other barely managed to control his laughter and body.

 

Jihoon ripped the offending hands off of his body as he swore he just couldn't hold it anymore and placed them in between the two of them instead. And that was when he realised the predicament he was in. He was sat in his crush's lap, legs wrapped tightly around the other's waist, with barely inches between them and warm hands held within his own.

"How-how did they get like this?" he whispered as he ran his fingers over the rough patches on Seungcheol's hands.

"Well these were from skating, I wasn't very good at first so I fell off quite a lot and I still have my bad days which is why the callouses never went away".

"And these?" Jihoon said as flipped the hands over and gestured to the scars across the knuckles.

"You know what they are Jihoon, you know about me and my past, everyone does, it's no secret that I get in fights a lot" Seungcheol said without looking Jihoon in the eyes and he cringed as he felt the hands let go of his own. Though he flinched in shock when he felt a tapping on his nose.

"What's this from?" Jihoon asked with curiosity as he tapped Seungcheol on the nose, after noticing the scar going across the bridge of his nose.

"Oh that's from third year. I became friends with some really short and kinda chubby guy who developed a crush on me and I rejected him. And then obviously he couldn't take it because he knocked me out with a hockey stick so I decided to make his life hell for the rest of the term. I've no idea what happened to him, can't even remember his name- oh wait! It was Jihoon, I remember it now, what a coincidence. You're nothing like that really awkward and nerdy kid from back then, total opposites, he was all weird and chubby and he was just so angry all the time but you're nothing like that at all Jihoonie" Seungcheol said, choosing his words carefully as he didn't want to be jealous of concerned about some other guy from his past and he allowed his hands to return to their new home of the space between Jihoon's upper thigh and hip bone.

 

Jihoon ripped himself out of Seungcheol's grip and winced as his hand came down harshly and snapped a twig beneath his palm but he had to get away. That was him. That fat and weird kid in first year, and Seungcheol was the sweet black haired boy that was his first crush. It had never even crossed his mind that the S.Coups as he'd insisted on being called from in third year was the same one which he was cuddled against currently. He couldn't believe everything that Seungcheol had said, he just had to leave and get away before the other could see the tears streaming from his eyes and the way his face had flushed with utter humiliation.

 

 

Seungkwan looked over to his left and couldn't even function. Jihoon was in Seungcheol's lap with his legs wrapped around the other's waist and with hands that definitely were not his own caressing his thighs. But that was only momentarily as Jihoon was crawling away with tears streaming down his face. That was when Seungkwan much to his own disappointment flew off of Hansol; ignoring the way the arms clung to his middle to halt his movements. He rushed to his best friends side and helped him stand, noting the look of fear on the other's face.

"I'm not mad anymore, Jihoonie what's wrong please talk to me!?" Seungkwan asked as he placed his hands on Jihoon's shoulder and desperately tried to get the male to look his way but the other way having none of it.

"I need to, I need to leave Kwannie please, let me go I can't stay here, Seungcheol is-he's the one from-from" Jihoon stuttered out through a constricted throat before turning and quite literally running in the opposite direction. And Seungkwan quickly took off after him.

 

 

"Dude, what the hell was that?"

"I could say the same thing about you, I saw you almost kissing your beloved boo earlier"

"Oh no we aren't changing the subject, you just made Jihoon cry bro! He cried! What the did you do?! Oh and on another interesting note the Jihoon you are currently crushing on is the same on that you rejected in first year, but don't tell Seungkwan I told you"

"No, no, you've gotta be kidding me please! Oh god I can't believe I didn't see it, I can't believe it, I've just made the most monumental up in the history of my entire life!" Seungcheol said as everything finally clicked into place and he realised exactly what he had done. Jihoon would never forgive him for this.


 Word count: 5356

Hello everyone! This chapter is a bit longer but a lot happened! So Seungcheol and Jihoon have a past, and Verkwan almost kissed?! If you have any comments about what happened feel free to leave them in the comments and I'll answer them best I can. Don't forget to comment, subscribe or even vote if you liked the story, all three make my day-well actually they make my week if I'm honest. Till next time