Not Your Boo!

Skater Boys

 Watch out for everyone's potty mouth! 


 "Jihoon! Jihoon get your back here, I cannot be assed to skate after you!" Seungkwan screeched at the retreating form of his best friend as the other whizzed along the promenade. Said pink haired male had stolen his ice cream and had then proceeded to skate off into the distance which enraged him no end. Seungkwan had suffered through so much today; he needed that damn ice cream, only mint choc chip could heal his tormented heart and weary soul.

 

Jihoon was having the absolute time of his life. The sun was setting which doused the land in an orangey light, the edges of every rock, every mound of sand, and every silhouette seemed to glow with the beautiful colour. There was a calm wind that was gently blowing from behind him, cradling the grains of sand with a gentle hand and making them dance along the burning concrete beneath his roller skates.

It was the perfect weather for skating although Jihoon would find a way to skate regardless of the weather but today was a kind of day that he'd always relish in. The sheer mass of people walking along the promenade made the perfect obstacle course for him to expertly weave through, as of late he rarely even flinched when he had to face a random toddler popping up or some idiot sticking their leg out. He had absolute faith in himself and was proud to admit that.

 

Jihoon had been skating for years, it felt just as natural to be on his quads than it was to be walking as of late. If he was honest there have been more occasions than he'd like to admit where he had attempted to glide around people only to stumble and tumble to the floor because he wasn't actually wearing his skates.

Cursing aloud, he instantly regretted stealing the sweet snack as he felt the mint choc chip ice cream dribbling down and over his fingers, so upon deciding that Seungkwan had suffered enough he made a sharp U-turn and began skating back. After lazily meandering towards the arcade where he had originally fled from, he found his best friend sprawled out on a bench. His head of messy brown hair pillowed by his jacket, he was wearing a thin white shirt paired with pale grey shorts both of which clung loosely to his frame, and his feet were clad in obnoxiously baby pink roller skates. Diva boo just had to make a statement wherever he went.

 

"I see you finally decided to return my ice cream you " Seungkwan said in a worryingly calm voice. "Do you know what day it is today Jihoon-no it is not just Tuesday!-today is the one day of the week where I have both PE with Hansol which I nearly died in and double math with Hansol. And considering how you left me by myself today because you were 'sick' you had better give me back that ice cream or I swear I'll skin you, you cretin." Seungkwan hissed as he sat up to face Jihoon with a murderous glare while making grabby hands towards the desired confectionary.

"Woah woah woah, someone's a little extra pissy today? Exactly what did your not-my-boyfriend Hansol do this time?" Jihoon queried, laughing at the way Seungkwan's face twisted when he put the emphasis on the words 'your not-my-boyfriend'.


 Seungkwan's features morphed into something between a horrifying combination of embarrassment and anger. Just thinking about it made his stomach turn.

 

It had started off being a relatively pleasant day, apart from the whole getting out of bed part but that happened every day. He'd had music first, his favourite lesson, and had spent the entire time in his own booth practising his vocals and happily performing for those who asked. It was wonderful, he got to spend a whole hour and a half doing the one thing that he loved most in the world. But then music was over and instead hell began.

As soon as Seungkwan had walked through the door to his double math classroom he'd gasped in horror at the unusual pattern of people, which could only mean one thing; there was a new seating plan.

 

"Seungkwan your late! Take your seat next to uhhh-Hansol, next to Hansol!" The teacher's shrill voice rang through his ears. But all Seungkwan heard running rough his head was 'next to Hansol' over and over like a demonic chant. Which seemed very appropriate considering that it must be Satan's handiwork himself for him to end up seated with Hansol. But before he could even scream in protest the entire class had burst into laughter though amidst the cackling a distinct deep voice could be heard.

"Your seat my queen boo!" Hansol shouted as he mock bowed and pulled the chair next to his own out.

Seungkwan gritted his teeth as he stormed over to the annoying male and threw himself into the chair while huffing loudly, not even sparing a glance at Hansol. He placed his bag underneath his chair before scooting it over to the very edge of the table, until the chair leg was made a metallic clinking noise as it smacked the leg of the table.

However it seemed that the other was having none of this as he immediately heard a shuffling of clothes before he felt his chair being dragged back until he was side by side with Hansol once more.

 

Hansol grinned as he looked over at Seungkwan, it was honestly becoming quite the hobby of his to annoy the shorter male. He was becoming addicted to the over dramatic reactions Seungkwan had, it was mesmerising to watch and enthralling to know that he was causing them. "Not even a thank you for your knight in shining armour? I only live to serve you my queen!" Hansol said, trying so very hard to conceal the sniggers interrupting his own words, he'd managed it but just barely.

 

"I am not your anything! I am not your queen, nor am I your boo or your baby! And you are certainly not my knight in shining armour, the only thing you are to me is a pain in the !" Seungkwan screamed as he spun to face Hansol. His chest was heaving and his face was flushed with embarrassment as he spat venomous words at the other, it may be funny to the class but he was growing tired of it.

 

The entire class was howling with laughter, and even the teacher was trying and failing to hide her laughing face behind a book. The sound of laughter began to face into nothing as Hansol became lost in his own thoughts, well one particular question he'd been asking himself over and over. Why did it sting just a little bit when Seungkwan had said that?

But he was snapped back into reality by the register being called coupled with the fact that Seungkwan's voice had broken in the middle of him answering the call of his name and soon he felt the nagging feeling fade as he lost himself in the endless flow of insults that streamed back and forth between the two of them.

 

As soon as the bell had rang Seungkwan promptly sprinted out of the math room and down the corridor until he was outside his next lesson, and sighing as he forgot that Hansol was in this one as well. He couldn't even escape Hansol in PE. Which was other wise known as an excuse to torture innocent students in the form of compulsory exercise. And after awkwardly changing in a corner the next hour of suffering began in the form of dodgeball. Which was Seungkwan's favourite.

Dodge ball was just another way for the jocks to target anyone who they deemed a nerd or in their school a member of the school choir, which supposedly was just so much worse than being a nerd. As there was no Jihoon today because the idiot had gotten himself sick, there wasn't anyone to scare off any who dare attack his best friend, so Seungkwan was left with no choice other than to hide behind the tallest person he could find and scream whenever a ball came near him.

But it seemed said tall person wasn't co operating because Jeonghan himself was attempting to run and dodge the aggressive assault himself as he to was a member of the choir. Instead of hiding Jeonghan proceeded to execute his next plan, and actually ran into a more gentler thrown ball to purposely get himself out. But now that the taller male had done that Seungkwan was the only one left, and promptly began fearing for his life and his face as he looked towards the malicious forms of the school's football team as they all held up red balls ready to attack.

So with a totally manly scream he raced across the sports hall while attempting to leap over deadly crimson projectiles aimed at his body and he didn't even have time to congratulate himself for dodging every ball as in the process he'd flung himself into the ground and had landed with an audible crack. And that was when the room started to spin.


"Why the hell did you let them target him like that sir! Are you a i-"

"Hansol how dare you speak to me like that I am your teac-"

"Stupid, ing stupid you've gotta be! You let twelve athletes practically attack him! How the hell was he supposed to defend himself!?" Hansol ground out with a voice laced heavily with fury towards the teacher as he crouched down next to Seungkwan. In all his life he'd never moved as fast as he had just then when he'd seen the small boy crumble to the floor.

He'd never felt such undeniable rage either and it was split equally between the ones who had inflicted this injury upon Seungkwan and the teacher who had allowed it to happen. Just when he was about to voice his opinion in a few more choice and very colourful words he was silenced by a firm grip on his upper arm by Seungcheol who looked just as furious as he was.

"I'll deal with you later, it'll be a week in detention for this. But for now take Seungkwan to the infirmary" the teacher ordered, though it was clear to see by the look of guilt on his face that Hansol's words had struck home.

 

Seungkwan opened his eyes and tried to hold back the rather interesting set of words that were itching to be released from the confines of his lips. Though they flew high and free when Hansol suddenly appeared in his vision.

"Yah don't swear like that at your knight in shining armour! And such filthy words shouldn't be coming out of such a pretty mouth anyway!"

"Hey you , I will say whatever ing words I want to bloody say you head! Pretty mouth my you god damn creep!" Seungkwan spat out as he slapped away the hand that was holding his own and desperately tried to ignore the fluttering in his stomach from the knowledge that Hansol had been holding his hand. He'd address that issue later, much much later but preferably never.

"Fine be like that! I'm sorry for carrying your all the way here, now if you don't mind I'm going to leave so I can get my kicked by the entire football team while serving detention for a week because I shouted at the teacher and the jocks all for you while you were unconscious! Though I'm sure you'll see my heroic act of valiance as it's on Seokmin's snap chat because he's a !" Hansol spat out. He'd had enough of today in general. Everything was making him shake with anger and he didn't know why, everything to do with Seungkwan was just making him on edge.


 "He existed Jihoon, that's what he did! He is alive and breathing and just existing in general! That's what he's bloody doing!" Seungkwan screamed out in frustration towards his best friend, though he felt very relieved with the knowledge that any one else would of turned tail and ran after his outburst but Jihoon was different.

They both had such fierce emotions and opinions that every one else misunderstood them as aggressive, obnoxious or being over the top. But things weren't like that when it came to their option of the other, they were undeniably kindred spirits. Though sometimes he wished Jihoon knew him a little less than he did. Like now for instance.

"Does is have anything to do with Seokmin's snap chat story?" Jihoon queried. The snap chat story basically consisted of every single interaction that Seungkwan and Hansol had had during the day that the user 'seokminmin' deemed funny or remotely entertaining. Jihoon had been watching every single ten second long snap as soon as Seokmin had uploaded them. He was more than aware of everything that his best friend wasn't telling him.

"Yes, no, I don't know, I haven't watched it if I'm honest, I don't know if I want too" Seungkwan admitted with a grave face, he genuinely feared what he might see.

"Basically he just screamed at the entire football team for hurting you, then screamed at the teacher for letting them hurt you, and to top it all off carried you bridal style to the infirmary." Jihoon said without a hint of anything in his voice, which only caused Seungkwan to burst out laughing due to his ridiculously serious face and voice.

To be honest it had actually been hard to keep his voice even and his expression neutral but it was something that never failed to make his best friend laugh. And right now Seungkwan needed to laugh, mint choc chip might not be enough this time.

"Cmon, I uh- I, hold on give me a minute, okay, alright I'm good now, I think we should go on an adventure Jihoonie, we never skate anywhere apart from here so let's go to that skate park near town okay?" Seungkwan said once he had calmed himself down and the high pitched giggling had ceased.

"Oh bull Seungkwan, you just want to go somewhere else because than weird guy behind the counter still thinks you only buy ice cream every day to see him and he tried to slip you his number again" Jihoon said, a smug grin on his face once the other had agreed in a quiet voice, but nevertheless he helped his friend stand before handing Seungkwan his half melted ice cream as he turned tail and skated off in the opposite direction while indicating for his best friend to follow.

 

"Oi Seungcheol, why can't we ever go anywhere else? This park !" Hansol whined out as he tugged on the damn grass beneath his palms.

"Because I like it here you . And where else would we go? Down to the beach so you can harrass your not-my-boyfriend Seungkwan, though thinking about it I wouldn't mind if we did, that little pink haired guard dog he has-there's just something about him" Seungcheol said, mind drifting to the incredibly attractive yet supposedly aggressive guy that Seungkwan tended to hide behind at the first sign of trouble.

The smaller male was the perfect mix of temptation and the knowledge that he could quite easily put you in you're place, the definition of can't have me but you wish you could, and he had fallen hook line and sinker for the undeniable pull he felt towards the other. Seungcheol felt like he knew him, or that he reminded him of someone but he just couldn't figure it out. Though whether the feeling of attraction was mutual was a whole different question.

"Oh lookie what we have here! This is the first time I've ever heard you talk about anyone like that, you've never shown any interest in anyone Cheol, what's so special about him, c'mon tell me I'm curious"

"Oh hell no, we are not changing the subject, let's talk about you and your-what was it this time? Your queen boo? Your baby boo? Lately your showing a little bit more than friendly interest in Seungkwan Hansol, are you keeping secrets from me? You wouldn't dare would you, I'm your best friend, actually I'm your only friend so you don't get much choice" he said, smugness evident in his sarcastic tone. Though the smug look faded as he saw one of anger form on Hansol's face, so grabbing his beat up skate board he threw it to the ground and immediately jumped on it.

The form of his angered best friend became smaller and smaller with each time the sole of his shoe slapped the dusty pavement. As he weaved through people dotting the pavement he swore that he could see a strange pink thing bobbing up and down in the distance, but then he abruptly ducked between a gap in the bush in an attempt to hide and the random blob of colour faded from his mind. Hopefully he could just wait it out here. Oh , is there someone coming down here? How did Hansol catch up to me that quickly-wait Hansol doesn't wear roller skates?!

 

Maybe, just maybe, it was in fact the most horrendous idea in the history of mankind to push Seungkwan into a puddle. Okay, it definitely was.

Jihoon really couldn't stress how sorry he was yet Seungkwan was having none of it and was continuing to chase after him while screeching like a banshee, threatening to end Jihoon is a multitude of ways. None of them sounded pleasant, but Seungkwan's favourite seemed to be that he would end Jihoon by shoving his own black roller skates so far up his that he'd develop internal hemorrhaging and die. Sometimes Jihoon's choice of friends concerned him if he was honest.

But back to the matter at hand, or rather the murderous Seungkwan at hand, honestly he had never had run this fast or for this long in his entire life and he wasn't sure for how much longer he could hold out for. Luckily he was a way ahead of Seungkwan who hadn't even rounded the bend leading to the path Jihoon was currently on, and unless he was mistaken there was a small gap in between the hedge that lined one side of the pathway. For once being so short had an advantage as Jihoon would surely fit, unless there was something else in the little cubbyhole that Jihoon could not yet see...

 

Seungkwan was fuming. Jihoon had stolen his ice cream, kept it until it was half melted and not even worth eating, and then to top it off pushed him face first into a puddle. The dirty water had splashed all over his clothes and had soaked into his skates making his feet squelch within them. The once adorably pink booties were now tinged brown with odd green goo slathered on the side of his left shoe. Said evil pink haired pixie had quite promptly fled the scene as soon as Seungkwan had stood again and now the two of them were locked in a cat and mouse like chase.

Only Jihoon was a smart mouse, an irritatingly smart tiny mouse that had undoubtedly hidden somewhere and would stay in his spot until he was sure Seungkwan had left. He slowly came to a halt as he remembered that Jihoon usually always had his phone on loud so by calling it if the hidden boy was in the vicinity he'd hear it and be able to find his best friend with ease. Not such a smart mouse now 'ey Jihoon?

 

"Seungkwan?" Hansol said before slapping a hand over his mouth but it was too late, the shorter male had already spun around. He had one hand on his hip and another was pressing a phone with a worryingly sparkly phone case to his ear. Not to mention the fact that he was covered in dirt, and wait, were they baby pink roller skates on his feet? "I didn't know you skated baby boo, is this a new hobby, got tired of screeching I mean singing?"

"Same goes for you, though I'd ask if you got bored of being a dumb, worthless, waste of space instead. Now shut up I'm on the phone!".

Hansol slowly crept forwards until he was next to Seungkwan, his blue penny board in one hand and the other reaching out to sneakily snatch the sparkly phone out of the unsuspecting Seungkwan's palm in order to look at the exactly who his boo was calling. Wait, his boo?! Ignoring the troubling thought and looking down towards the phone in hand he saw the caller I.D was tiny satan, with one hell of an up close mugshot of some guy with pink hair set as the contact picture. "Tiny Satan? Who the hell is tiny Satan, wait do I even want to know why this person has been named Satan?" Hansol asked with a confused look on his face.

"Tiny Satan is what I call Jihoon, you know, my pink other half? You practically stalk me and you don't get one without the other so you're bound to of seen him before. He's the one who almost broke Seungcheol's nose with a hockey stick in our third year"

"Oh my god, that's that Jihoon?! Your little pink guard dog is the same ex-blonde kid that knocked Seungcheol out a few years ago because he called him short?! Are you kidding me, he's the pink haired one that Seungcheol now fanc-mmph!" Hansol forced his mouth to stop by slapping his hand over his mouth yet again, but just like before it was too late.

"You mean, the now-blonde Seungcheol that is your so called partner in crime is the same black haired one that rejected Jihoon in third year because he was too short, and is the same one that now likes Jihoonie?!"

"Crap I should not of said that!" Seungkwan and Hansol both screamed at the other as they realised the horrifying consequences if their friends ever found out.

 

"Woah woah woah, no way, this space is taken, find your own!"

"No way just move over, don't be a !" Jihoon angrily whispered back, he didn't have time to waste, Seungkwan would surely catch up soon enough. He didn't care who was in the bush, he couldn't clearly make out the face but the guy looked and sounded about his age so the chances of getting molested weren't that high. Probably. So he placed his hands on the sturdy chest obscuring the gap and tried to push the boy out of the way. Damn this kid is strong!

 

Seungcheol couldn't win either way. On one hand he would be stuck pressed up against Jihoon who was the problematic source of all of his confusing feelings, but on the other hand Hansol would surely find him and kill him due to all the noise the two of them were making. And quite possibly mock him for all of eternity due to the suspicious position he would probably find him and Jihoon in.

Though Seungcheol realised that hedidn't have any more time to decide as his hand flew forward and silenced the whining Jihoon because he could of sworn that he heard footsteps and shouting just a moment ago. He grimaced as he felt a tongue lapping at his hand and tiny fists pounding against his chest but he couldn't take his hand away as Jihoon would just continue shouting for Seungcheol to budge up, so, Seungcheol picked his poison.

 

Jihoon was honestly so close to biting the hand of whatever was attempting to silence him but instead a squeak came out of his mouth as he was abruptly yanked forward. The wheels on his skates spun so quickly that he ended up being completely swept off of his feet as he crashed into the body in front of him. "You what the hell was...that..." Jihoon trailed off once he looked up and finally got a good look at who he was currently laying directly on top of. It was Seungcheol, Choi Seungcheol, this honestly couldn't get any worse.


 Word count: 4078

Hi readers, hope you liked the first chapter, Sorry for the serious potty mouth it'll be a permanent thing throughout my story though, but sadly I'm not sorry for leaving it on a cliff hanger, comment subscribe-you know the drill