002.

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 


Choi Jihye
Fingerprint detection by each entrance. YG entertainment is seriously no joke. 
I followed mister Yang around the labyrinth they call YG building. Honestly, I can't even tell if this is an entertainment building or a museum to give homage to idols. The inside was generally dark with minimalistic amounts of LED lights and big screens featuring YG artists and some of their albums.  This place basically spelt 'Too Good For You' and I'm so ready to agree and pack my bags again and leave. Seriously. YG is no joke.

This was practically the polar opposite of JYP. The atmosphere this building gives off is a bit somber but YG is trying fool you into thinking this place is playful with some of the decor. Like the cute gigantic Iron man I saw earlier.

Nah gurl, I'm not falling for it. 

Mister YG was making me walk every floor with him, telling me which floor is for this and that while explaining the do's and don'ts. We suppose to just walk to his office to finalize my stay as a new YG trainee (--slash soon to be YG artist but we're not here for that at the moment) but mister YG doesn't seem to like wasting time and did me a tour of the building. Well, sort of. 

Honestly, I don't have a good sense of direction most of the time so trying to remember these floors would be a challenge. 
I only remembered the B1 floor and entrance. In other words, practically nothing. 

We were currently on the sixth floor, the same floor for the marketing and accounting departments and where the precious iron man stands. It is a bit ironic that we had to stop here of all departments and floors while mister YG had to take an important call.

I must say I like this part of the building since so bright and well lit. Though, the word ‘accounting’ still had a bad aftertaste in my mind right now. There was practically only a glass wall and door that separated us from the marketing and accounting department so I busied myself momentarily by watching the people inside doing paperwork and video editing.

I was pretty entertained by just watching YG's editors adding effects to a video of a group of guys who I assumed were trainees. Looking closely at them, though, I feel like I've seen them before... But then I never really was interested in whatever affairs happening in other people's companies. It's a bit odd but I'm certain I've seen these boys before somewhere.

Well, what's the point of thinking when I can just ask mister YG who they are? Genius Jihye, genius. 

I look back at mister YG, hoping he was done with his phone call because the curiosity would kill me. 
But the man wasn't there! Or anywhere in this floor, it seemed. I just got ditched by my new CEO. 

I’m really starting to feel the love YG ent...

How the hell am I supposed to find the seventh floor alone? And who just leaves without notice? Like seriously. 

Looking around, I grumble. I am not, I repeat, I am not going to venture on my own in this building. This place is quite big and like what I said before: a labyrinth. Besides mister YG could just be somewhere around this floor for all I know. 

Crossing my arms, I walked back to where I saw the big iron man figure which wasn't too far from where I stood earlier. I am seeking company from a figurine and cartoon 6-bit replicas of YG artists now. I leaned against the wall playing with my fingers, waiting for mister YG to magically find me. 
--I still can't believe I got ditched.

 
— — — — — — — — — —
 

3RD Point of View 
Junhoe was coming out of the YG building’s gym situated on the fifth floor. He was actually trying to work out but Bobby was practically dominating the whole gym so he decided it was too awkward to be stuck with him in one room and left. It wasn't like he wanted to work out in the first place. Junhoe was heading back downstairs to practice dancing just so at least he wouldn't get yelled at by Hanbin. But midway his tracks, his phone rang signalling a text message. 

 

NEW TEXT MESSAGE 
FROM: Han
TO: Junhoe-yah
Sajangnim wants us in his office. Now.

Speaking of the devil.

Hanbin can be very pushy even through text messages. The boy barely uses his phone for any communication purposes and when he does; he keeps it short and cold. Nothing more, nothing less. Junhoe sometimes wonders: what's the point of Hanbin having a phone when he barely touches it. Junhoe only shakes his head because there's no point of thinking of things that didn't really matter.

All thoughts aside, he starts making his way upstairs to go to Yang Hyunsuk office. They were probably just going to discuss about delaying their debut date again. It's the same old kind of meeting they've been having with their CEO for the past few months now. The other guys didn't mind it much since this has practically became a routine, Chanwoo perfectly fine with it since he was still adjusting to dictator Hanbin's ways and said dictator is just so fed up of this 'training' period. Junhoe, on the other hand, could care less about the CEO's decisions as long as his spot was secured in IKON. 

Junhoe after reading and making a ‘U’ turn to go up stairs, he types down a quick reply to Hanbin's message before his leader decides chop off his limbs.

 

TEXT MESSAGE 
FROM: Junhoe-yah
TO: Han
Yes sir! I'm on my way ;oo 

 

He puts his phone back into his back pocket, finally reaching the sixth floor. 

The sixth floor had always the most aesthetically pleasing for Junhoe because of the bright exhibition of YG artists contrasting with the darkness of the hallway. Though he doesn't expect to find a girl as equally as appealing as the sixth floor. 

It was like a drama finding her there with her hair swept onto one side and with the lights gently caressing her skin as if mimicking the moonlight. She fidgeted with her fingers as she waited impatiently for Junhoe's arrival. He was almost literally breathless.

"Excuse me, miss... Could I help you?"
Nope. Not breathless. As of now.

 

— — — — — — — — — —

 

Kim Hanbin 
Not again. Why does it always have to be pushed back? Well, obviously, this time, it's because we have eyesore Chanwoo by our side but it's still ridiculous to delay our debut months more. I've been waiting almost my whole life for this. I might die waiting for it.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I leaned my back against the backrest of the chair with my hands tangled into my hair. I got to fully digest this bull because I can't lash out at Sajangnim for not debuting us quickly. Closing my hands into fists and pulling my hair, I began to reflect.

He called us to the office. I informed the others. Even eyesore Chanwoo. And we will be told we can't debut until a certain date.

Again--

"ing piece of !" I shouted, trashing my lyrics sheets onto the floor.

Well that was very much needed.

I began picking up the lyrics sheets sprawled out on the floor as if that little outburst didn't happen. Because it didn't happen. Little B.I respects all that is told to him and does well. Yes, little B.I is calm and collected. That outburst didn't happen because everything that happens in rec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter