Shadow

Pink Tape

Ever since Amber came to the school, everyone wants to be her friend; she didn’t say that she doesn’t like it. In fact, she loves it. She wants to help anyone who needs helping and she’s willing to give her all just to make someone happy. And even though she’s only there for a few weeks, she got popular.

And Krystal Jung hated it.

But of course she wouldn’t admit it to Amber, because the latter’s dense as a condenser and she hated and loathed it.

But on the brighter side, now that she’s in high school, (and her classes tend to finish earlier than the other block) she’d immediately wait outside Amber’s room to go with the tomboy to the clubroom.

She would show her jealous side to Amber and the latter would just shrug it off.

“Amber! I really like you!” a young girl confessed to her when they were on the quadrangle, a lot of students were there and was anticipating for Amber’s answer who stood there frozen (since she’s dense as f@ck_ and she doesn’t know what to say or to turn her down) Krystal rolled her eyes (since she’s on her way to the cafeteria to get some mangoes but saw the brown haired tomboy and went to her) and walked her way to the two.

Instead of the typical “She’s already mine, back off.” “No, you can’t have her.” “So what if you like her?” “I’m her girlfriend,” that girls would say when someone confesses to the someone that they like, what Krystal did was she pulled Amber by the arm and glared at the girl as they walked away (more like dragged Amber).

But everything changed when Amber became uneasy.

“Yah, stupid,” she called Amber who keeps scratching her head in disdain, “Yes?” she asked in return who then puts her hands on her own lap and sighed.

The two of them were sitting on their couch while Victoria is busy with stuff; Luna is on her Glee club while Sulli was on her Elephant Fantasy club.

“What’s wrong? You being uneasy bothers me.” She said like it was nothing as she flipped another page on her book, Amber her lips before answering the red head, “It’s just that it felt like someone’s following me.”

It caught Krystal’s attention, she neatly folded a page that she’s reading and closed it, and for the first time, it caught her off-guard and showed her sympathy (it was a first, really)

“How can you tell?”

Amber blinked; it was a first to her that the red head showed concern (it’s sympathy) to anyone, especially to her. Not even once she saw Krystal gave a f!@#@ when Sulli fell face first on the concrete, When Victoria chocked on her own saliva, or when Luna cried because of her wisdom tooth, it was a new experience to Amber.

“Uh, when I was walking home,” Amber tilted her head to remember the night before, “It felt like someone’s following me, because of the shadow, when I looked back there was no one.” She shook her head at the memory, “and when I was doing my business in the bathroom, I heard a camera click and when I looked up, there was none.” She sighed, “And when I opened my locker, I found this.”

Amber took a crumpled pink paper with a handwritten note saying, I am your greatest fan, and I’ll follow you around like a shadow!

Krystal’s brows twitched, she then crumpled the paper and threw it at the bin next to Victoria. The oldest among the three noticed the tension between the two and looks at Amber with what-the-hell-have-you-done look and was returned with an I-don’t-know look from the tomboy who tensed up from the glare of the mighty Ice Princess ver. 2.5 (mainly because her sister is the first one)

“Do you have any idea who the person might be?” Krystal asked (now with a calm expression) Amber shook her head indicating a no “I really don’t, I mean she doesn’t have to stalk me you know, if she wants to be friends she could have just told me.” She continued with a shrug, Krystal’s glare came back and it landed on Amber’s confused eyes.

Your friends are only us.”

Amber blinked and nodded vigorously, completely afraid of the younger girl beside her whose fists were clenched and her gaze piercing through her innocent soul.

“Now kids,” Victoria called their attention at the same time clapped her hands, the two looked at her and she smiled, “I’ll be going home late since I have to finish these,” she raised a folder full of papers and sighed, “so Amber,” she looked at the tomboy, “Take Krystal home.” She commanded, Amber laughed and nodded, “I always walk her home, Vic.”

The oldest laughed when she noticed that Krystal looked away to hide a blush while the tomboy remained oblivious at the scenario.

“I’m just making sure,” she stood up to get a glass of water and then looks at the maknae “and Soojung, refrain bullying.” She said in English and was slightly surprised at her almost perfect pronunciation.

“You’ve improved!” Amber gave her a thumbs up as she took Krystal’s bag and her own and then stood up, Victoria smirked and thought, Amber is so whipped

“We’ll get going, unnie,” Krystal said as she stood up and hugged her goodbye, “see you tomorrow!” she smiled as she opened the door and left Amber behind who smiled at her, “Bye, Vic.” With a wink she closed the door, the other bag on her left and she used the right to do the action.

Victoria was left alone smiling with herself, when will they get together? Aish, kids these days.

--                                                                                 

Luna was about to go out of the campus when she spotted two of her best friends and she frowned at her sight.

It was Krystal and Amber. Amber was carrying Krystal’s bag as she caught up with the younger girl who’s walking towards the school gate, they were talking and as usual, Krystal has that smile that she only gives to Amber and Amber, well, Amber is the same as always.

“Luna!” she heard someone called, she looked at the source and it was the enthusiastic as ever Sulli, “Sulli, going home now?”

The taller girl nodded, Luna was looking away from the view (in order to not see the Kryber interactions) while the taller girl was looking at them and she gasped, “Luna! Someone is following our Kryber!”

--\

To say she likes Amber Josephine Liu was an understatement.

She’s in love with her.

Kim Hyuna has been in love with the blonde ever since she was saved by her from the cat that tried to scratch her face.

And ever since that day, she started following Amber from places to places, corner to corner and even on her own room, she often times would sneak to her room just to watch her sleep.

And right now, she’s fuming with anger.

It’s because of Krystal ing Jung.

The two has always been together, Amber would walk her home and in return, Krystal would smack her head or would shout at her for being so stupid when Amber really is not and she doesn’t deserve to be treated that way.

“What’s up with her? Why the hell would my llama like her?!” she mumbled to herself as she followed the two.

The two were now on their way to Krystal’s house, Hyuna knows because she follows Amber and she even hired a special research team to search about Amber’s friends, parents, and even relatives.

“Krystal isn’t even pretty anyway,” Hyuna grumbled to herself as she clenched her fists, well she was lying, Krystal is pretty, no, she is beautiful.

-/l

Meanwhile, Krystal noticed the other shadow that has been following them, since the sun is already setting and their backs were facing the sun.

“Yah,” Krystal nudged Amber on the ribs who leaned her head to Krystal’s mouth, “Someone really is following you.”

Amber leaned out and looked around but to her disdain didn’t found anyone, “but there’s none.” Amber frowned, Krystal rolled her eyes.

“Stupid,” she said as she held Amber’s hand and continued walking, Amber being the oblivious one (but secretly loves it because she likes our little Jung) didn’t mind it and continued walking hand in hand.

Speaking of hands, Sulli and Luna were following Amber’s stalker, who they found out that it was Kim Hyuna. She’s pretty popular and almost all of the boys are into her (some are Krystal’s fanboys) but didn’t find it weird that Hyuna’s type would be Amber because who wouldn’t? (it’s Amber that we are talking about)

“DO you think Amber and Soojung already noticed?” Sulli whispered when she saw Krystal grabbed Amber’s hand, Luna frowned and nodded, “I guess.”

Sulli smiled, “They look cute together,” she giggled. Luna swore that she felt her heart broke into pieces upon hearing the statement from the taller girl.

“Yeah, they do.”

--/

Hyuna’s eyes widened at what she saw, Krystal and Amber are holding hands.

ing holding hands.

“now this ,” Hyuna gritted her teeth, she ran towards them and when she was a meter close from them, she jumped and was about to claw the little Jung but luckily, Sulli and Luna saw what was about to unfold, ran as fast as they could to the other way and jumped (like in slow-mo) to stop Hyuna from jumping to the little Jung.

--

“What was that?” Amber asked as she looked back and twitched her brows; Krystal on the other hand didn’t feel anything and shrugged it off, “Stupid, you’re imagining things.”

Amber sighed and eventually gave in, because she feels safe when she’s with Krystal.

“Thank you, Soojungie.” Amber said as they continued walking, the sun has finally set and the dark clouds welcoming the night can now be seen clearly.

Krystal heard what the blonde had said and then looks at her, “For what?”

“For making me feel safe.”

Krystal immediately blushed and using her other hand (who’s not holding Amber’s hand) punched her shoulder and then rested her head on the part where her fist had landed earlier.

“Stop being so stupid.”

Amber laughed, “I’m your stupid, I can’t stop.”

“I’m your stupid, too.” Krystal mumbled as she closed her eyes and felt Amber’s lips on the top of her head, “You’re not my stupid, you are my Princess.” She laughed before continuing, “Sulli already have that part.”

Instead of saying anything, Krystal let out a giggle.

And for how many times that day, Amber felt her heart skipped a beat because of the mini Ice Princess.

--

“YAH! THEY’RE GETTING AWAY!” Hyuna shouted as she struggled to get out of Luna’s grasp, Sulli on the other hand looked at Kryber and when they’re not around the corner anymore, she dialed a certain number and what Hyuna could remember was a kick on the face by the taller girl making her pass out.

--

“So you’re the one following my Amber, huh?”

Hyuna gulped, she and Amber are just on the same grade but she doesn’t know why she’s afraid of the girl.

She can hear someone snickering on the background and it was Sulli who shrugged her shoulders at her when she saw her looking at her. They were inside an abandoned building near where she passed out earlier.

“Why do you do that?” she heard her ask again, this time Hyuna looked at the girl and the girl glared at her.

answer me.” The youngest commanded, Hyuna answered, “Because I’m in love with her.”

Krystal laughed, “Oh you are?”

Hyuna nodded, “Yes, AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME!” she shouted and somewhat relieved that her fear of the younger Jung was gone.

“I can,” she paused, “and I will.”

She took a Swiss knife from her pocket and pointed it at her, “No one can love Amber other than me and my friends.” Hyuna gulped as she almost peed.

---------------------------------------------------

“Yah, Soojung!” Sulli called her friend who was busy reading a book as they stopped by at Han River, the other girl looked at her with an annoyed expression, “What?”

“Do you think you’ve gotten too far?” she asked the cold princess who rolled her eyes in return, “If you’re so guilty about it then go back to her and apologize.” She continued walking and mumbled loud enough that the taller girl could hear, “it’s not that I killed her or something.”

“BUT YOU DID!”

--------;;

Kim Hyuna woke up in an alleyway near the school, she wasn’t hurt or anything but it felt like she was scarred inside because of what the younger Jung said to her earlier.

“If I see you following her, you’ll be a dead meat to me, Kim Hyuna. Don’t forget that I am Jessica Jung’s younger sister, one of the members of the gang called So Nyuh Shi Dae so you better follow me or else.”

She sighed in frustration, and she can’t fight with a Jung because the world is just like that. No one messes with the Jungs.

Jessica Jung is one of the members of the notorious gang named So Nyuh Shi Dae it’s a female gang led by Kim Taeyeon.  The gang has been known for looting, harassing males (to get food) and for playing with people’s feelings and not even once that they lost in everything especially in fighting and dancing.

There was even once when a boy tried to harass Krystal, the next thing that they knew, the boy who tried to do that got beaten up by So Nyuh Shi Dae ft. a certain Amber Liu who acted like nothing happened.

And so, she decided to give up and continued life as the way it is, but she still follows Amber whenever the younger Jung is not around.

Because Kim Hyuna will always be Amber Liu’s shadow.