Pretty Girl

Pink Tape

It all started when Amber was walking the quadrangle, she decided to skip classes that day because she’s lazy and she doesn’t want any lecture about the Korean History.

“Uhm, Excuse me, sir?” someone tapped Amber on the shoulder and she rolled her eyes at the caller. True, Amber may be a tomboy but she doesn’t want to be called as “sir.” She sighed and faced the girl who called her, and boy, she was mesmerized by her beauty.

“Where’s the Principal’s office?” she asked, the girl has a shoulder length hair, she kinda resembles Krystal in some ways but her gaze were soft, gentle and warm. She was wearing a white dress that runs to her knee and a leather shoulder bag.

“It’s to that building, 1st floor, 2nd room to the right.” Amber pointed at the building and did some hand movements as if she’s guiding her.

The girl pouted, she obviously didn’t understand what the boy had instructed her. That earned a chuckle from him. She pouted at the boy and he smiled at her, “Fine, I’ll walk you to the office but you need to buy me food.” He said, she nodded and they started walking together.

“By the way, I’m Amber,” she looked at the girl who furrowed her brows, “and yes, I am a girl.”

-----

“I’m really sorry that I thought you’re a boy,” she started as she looks at Amber who’s busy chewing her sandwich, “It’s just that you’re…” she paused as she motioned her hands up and down, Amber chuckled, “I get your point,” she smiled as she opened her water bottle and drank from it, “and how many times do I have to tell you that you’re forgiven?”

The girl sighed, “But what I did was wrong.” She frowned,

“I’m used to it, by the way,” Amber tilted her head; the girl looked at her asking for continuation, “I never got your name.”

The girl’s eyes widened as she stood up and bowed, “Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry!” she apologized again, the people in the café that they were in started looking at them, Amber laughed and motioned her to sit down, “You don’t have to be sorry! Geeeez.”

“I’m sorry.” She apologized again, which earned a glare from the girl and she giggled, “my name is Im Yoona, just call me Yoona.” She smiled; Amber blushed and immediately drank her water..

“So, you’re a transferee?” Amber asked, trying to change the topic because the girl in front of her is so beautiful and she might say something that she’ll regret later if it continues.

“Yep, I’m a senior.” She replied, Amber nodded and smiled, “I’m a junior.”

The girl frowned, “It’ll be hard fitting in though, ”she stated, Amber laughed, “You just have to find a friend that suits you and you’ll be fine!” she tried cheering up the girl, “I just transferred here, too.. Actually it was just a year ago, when I first came here, everything was so difficult, like a huge culture shock as they call it..” Amber smiled at her and she noticed the reddening ears of the girl, “I was lucky enough that I met someone who speaks in English and she has a friend who speaks the same so they taught me the things that I need to and here I am.” She raised her hands as an exaggeration to her story making the other girl laugh out loud.

“So, Im Yoona, what’s your story?” Amber asked, Yoona stopped laughing and sighed, “Promise me that you’ll stay?”

Amber landed her hand on top of Yoona’s and smirked, “Why wouldn’t I?”

“People have been hating me because they say that I’m too conceited,” she frowned, “even though I’m really not.. They started calling me a witch since they say that I always put a spell on people, then people started to avoid me.” She tried to stop crying but she wouldn’t, “My friends left me because they thought that I was a witch, that I would kill them and offer them to the gods or something.”

Amber snorted, the girl who was crying looked at her with an annoyed expression and it made Amber laugh.

“HAHAHAHAHA what the hell were they thinking?” she laughed out loud, “Why the hell would they even call someone as beautiful as you a witch?”

Yoona stopped crying and looks at Amber who gave her a dorky smile, “whoever they are, they don’t appreciate what a real beauty is. They’re just jealous because you’re you and you’re beautiful, don’t worry about fitting in, people in the school are good, and they won’t hurt you.” She patted her shoulder as she stood up; Yoona wiped her tears and followed Amber outside. The café that they were in earlier was just next to the school.

“Do you want me to walk you home? School doesn’t end yet.” Amber looks at her and smiled, Yoona shook her head, “its fine, my driver will pick me up any minute now.” She faced the tomboy who is slightly taller than her and then said, “Thanks by the way, for keeping company.”

“Nah just did it for the free food.” Amber shrugged, Yoona playfully smacked Amber on the arm and she laughed, “I better get going now, see you later, Alligator!” Amber waved as she ran back inside the school leaving a chuckling Im Yoona.

-----zxxx

“Amber, you smell different.” Krystal stated in English as she saw the tomboy come inside the office who shrugged her shoulders in return of the statement made by Krystal, Victoria immediately stood up from her office chair and dragged Amber on the couch by the ear. Sulli snickered while Luna looks at Amber with concern. While the princess, is being her usual apathetic self.

“YAH!” Amber yelled as she rubbed the sore part of her ear, she was forced to sit on the couch, in front of her was Victoria whose hands were on her hips as she leaned down, “Where were you?” she asked like a mother who saw her child doing something bad, “You didn’t attend your afternoon classes and when you do that you usually come here early,” she furrowed her brows at her. Amber sighed and it caught the red head’s attention.

“Yah, stupid,” she called Amber who looks at her, “We’ll talk later.”

Amber gulped, Sulli stood up and stood next to Victoria as she mouthed, “So whipped.”

“so mind answering our mother?” this time it was Luna who sat next to Krystal who is still reading a book, Amber nervously laughed as she started her story.

“Well, I decided to skip class because it’s Korean History and you know how I feel about that,” she pouted, Victoria was about to give in when Krystal said, “You don’t look cute, stop pouting. Also you, unnie, don’t give in.”

Victoria returned to her angry self and Amber rolled her eyes, “so while I was walking, a girl called me…” with that, Krystal stopped reading her book and averted her eyes to Amber.

Amber being oblivious continued, “She asked me where the Principal’s office was so I pointed it to her, she doesn’t seem to get what I said so I decided to walk her through it in exchange for some free food.” She smiled, Sulli whistled, “Nice way to get a girl, hyung!” Which earned a flying book landing on the back of her head, Sulli dramatically fainted which Amber caught and started rubbing Sulli’s sore head.

“So,” she continued at the same time still rubbing Sulli’s head on her lap, “I waited for her and we went out next to the café in our school, we talked about why she transferred here and stuff.”

“So, that’s why you’re late?” Luna asked, Amber nodded, “nothing’s wrong with it, right? Except for the fact that I skipped classes but at least I helped someone.” She smiled a godly smile at Victoria who smiled at her in return, “well, you’re forgiven for this day since you helped a new member in our school; I want you to help her adjust since you’ve already met her.”

Amber shook her head, “I can’t do that, she’s a senior.”

“What’s the matter with that? I was a year older than you when I helped you adjust.” She raised a brow and gave Amber a cocky smile, and then the tomboy sighed, “Fine.”

--zxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

“What was she like? Is she ugly?” A certain red head asked the tomboy as they walked home, Amber shook her head, “You know that I don’t call people ugly, Sooj, plus.. she’s okay for a person..” she said, trying to play safe because if she said she’s beautiful (which is true) it’ll guarantee her another trip to the hospital.

The last time was when Amber called a certain senior beautiful and she got punched by the younger girl which broke a bone in her rib.

“If she’s beautiful then you’ll be a dead meat to me, Liu.”

Amber stopped walking, “What does that even mean?!”

“You said she’s okay for a person, so if I see her as a more than okay for a person then you’re dead.”

Amber caught up to Krystal, “but we have different standards when it comes to beauty.”

“I know your type, Amber.” Krystal stated sternly as she looks at the taller girl, “ever since you called Yuri-unnie pretty, I just know it.” She tapped her index finger on Amber’s nose and walked towards her house.

Amber stood still and later on laughed, “You are one of a kind, Jung Soojung.”

--zzzzzzzzzx

“So, where’s the transferee?” Krystal asked as she and Sulli were walking side by side as they walked the hallway but what they saw made their eyes widened.

They were in the third floor where there were big windows overlooking the whole quadrangle of the school, what they saw was a crowd forming between two people and the tomboy was easy to recognize.

Amber….” Krystal gritted under her breath, along with the blonde was a black haired girl who’s laughing along with her.

Sulli shook her head and rubbed the back of her neck, “Amber is so dead.”

------------------

When the classes ended, Krystal immediately walked her way to the junior’s classroom, eventually pushing people to be out of her way because she has to kill a certain someone. The moment she arrived at Amber’s classroom, the teacher came out and greeted her, “Oh Krystal, nice—“ he was about to say his greeting when Krystal pushed him, “JUNG! THAT’S NOT—“ and he was cut off with a menacing glare, “I’m sorry, please go inside.”

With that, Krystal Jung came inside the room that shocked everyone, Amber who stood up from seat, greeted her and was Krystal’s response shocked everyone in the classroom.

The younger girl grabbed her by the collar and kissed Amber Josephine Liu on the lips.

--///

“Why did you do that?” Amber asked as she sighed for the third time that day, ever since she was kissed by her, Krystal then grabbed Amber by the hand and they’re now on their way to the Student Council Office.

“I saw you earlier with the girl.” She said, Amber tilted her head, “Yeah, I didn’t know that she’s that popular, though..” the brown haired tomboy confessed and smiled at the sight of their linked hands.

Krystal stopped walking and glared at her, “She’s beautiful.”

Amber shrugged her shoulders, “she’s okay for a person.” She smiled at the younger girl who pouted in return. “Amber, she’s beautiful.”

The blonde chuckled, “then what does that make you?”

Krystal blinked; she doesn’t know what to say.

Amber then placed both of her hands on the cheeks of the younger girl and smiled at her, “You’re beautiful.. and she’s okay for a person… to me.” She smiled as she kissed Krystal on the forehead and this time, she led her (their hands still entwined) to the office where the others were waiting not knowing that along the corridor someone was listening to them.

“She thinks that I’ m okay for a person,” she gasped “I think I like you, Amber Liu.”