Step

Pink Tape

Amber decided to pay SNSD’s headquarters for a visit (she was only there for the free food) when she noticed that almost all of the members were silent and they’re missing one head.

“Hey guys,” she greeted them as dorky as she can, but all she got was a nod from them. “You guys okay?”

Yoona stood up and dragged her to the kitchen, “Jessica-unnie left.”

Amber’s eyes widened, “she—what?!”

The alligator girl nodded, “she did, and she left a letter that she went with Tyler Kwon, the one from Coridel.” She rolled her eyes, Amber frowned, “What about Yuri-unnie?”

Yoona shrugged her shouldes, “I don’t really know, she’s very down. She won’t cook for us anymore, so Taeyeon-unnie only does it and it feels really weird, ever since we read the letter, no one even bothered to speak. Sooyoung-unnie, she didn’t even eat!”

Amber blinked, “Why would Jessica do that?”

“Amber,” someone called, they looked at the source and it was Yuri. “Can I have a word with you?”

--.//////////////////////////////////

“How are you?” Yuri asked as they sat on the bench on the garden at the back of the house, Amber shook her head, “I’ve been fine, still the same y Amber that you knew.” She winked at Yuri who laughed in return, “more like a dorky llama.”

“Yah, that’s my stripper name!”

Yuri chuckled and ruffled her dongsaeng’s hair, “You know kid, and you’ll go far in life.”

“What’s with the senior to junior talk? Hah, finally realized that you’re old now, huh..” Amber joked, Yuri playfully punched her in the arm then her expression became serious.

“Thanks for letting me loose for a while, as what you’ve heard from Yoona, things aren’t going well with us.”

Amber nodded, waiting for the older girl to continue, “It’s been her wish to continue with fashion designing, we let her though, we support her. But being in SNSD scarred her image, so that’s why she left, and also one of the reasons was because of my cousin, Tyler.” She rolled her eyes at the mention of the pig’s name, “He wanted me to inherit the family business but you know how I love being here, being with the girls, so that’s why he took the most important thing for me.”

“You won’t do a thing about it?”
Yuri shook her head, “I fought for where we are right now, but Sica didn’t, she left us like we were nothing to her. So there’s really nothing to fight about.”

“Have you talked to Sica-unnie about this?”

Yuri shook her head, “No, I don’t want to talk to her.”

Amber smiled, “maybe, I can.”

==//////////////////////////////

“Hey Krys,” Amber smiled at the girl in front of her; Krystal leaned on the door frame with a deadpan face as she crossed her arms.

“What do you want, stupid?”

Amber gulped, “Can I talk to Sica-unnie?”

“Uh, why?”

“Because of… things.” Amber bit her lip and looks at Krystal with her puppy eyes (which NEVER worked) but then Krystal sighed, “Is this about SNSD?”

Amber looked at her left, staring at a flower in front of her, “Yes.”

“Then,” Krystal walked forward and closed the door behind her, “Let’s talk first.”

-/-//////////////////////////////////////

“Why do you think that she left?” Krystal asked Amber who was busy munching a piece of biscuit, Amber sighed, “They said it’s because of Coridel and SNSD scarring her name because you know their reputations.”

The maknae nodded, “You’re right for both reasons,” Amber frowned, “Unnie did left because of Coridel and them, but they have to understand that she has to move on.. I know that soshi-unnies will have their own lives in the future and the gang will be SNSD no more.”

“No,” Amber  cut the maknae off, “SNSD will live for long, or even forever.”

Krystal glared at Amber, “Don’t make me repeat my words, Amber. You don’t know what my sister is doing right now.”

“Don’t make assumptions that you’re not even sure of, Jung.” Krystal’s glare faltered at the mention of her last name. It was a first from Amber and she was shocked to hear that from the ever-so-caring Amber.

With that, Amber stood up and left Krystal who’s trying to stop herself from crying. She then proceeded to take her phone from her bag and dialed a certain number.

“I’ll meet you at your place this 8 PM.”

--..X

Amber jumped from her skateboard and sat on a certain place’s concrete floor. She was in front of Coridel Corp’s main headquarters.

“Excuse me sir, how may I help you?” a certain guard asked her, Amber stared at the man in front of her and sighed, she didn’t expect that she’ll be using her name in public just for the sake of her friend.

“I’m Yiyun Liu, can I see Tyler Kwon?”

--///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Liu Inc., how may I be of service?” a certain tall guy asked, his forehead shining through the illuminated light of the chandelier on his office.

“Mr. Kwon, I’m a friend of Jessica, can I talk to her?” she asked, Tyler blinked.

“Of course, please wait here.” He smiled at her; Amber made a disgusted face when he faced his back on her.

Amber sat on the leather couch in front of the coffee table; Tyler’s office was made out of glass. Glass table, glass windows, glass floors, glass ceilings, rubber work chair and on the side were fresh fruits. As much as Amber has known Coridel Corp. Tyler is not that bad of a person, basing from his actions earlier, he was a good man but for Yuri he isn’t. It’s a different story for her to tell but she’s on Yuri’s side since she knows her better.

“What are you doing here?” a cold voice interrupted Amber’s thoughts, Amber stood up and gulped. It’s still the same as usual, she’s still afraid of the older Jung. (Even though something happened between them before.)

“Jessica, go back to SNSD.”

The older Jung glared at Amber who stiffened, “What did you say?”

“Go back to SNSD.”

Jessica laughed, “No, why would I?”

“Because SNSD wouldn’t be SNSD without you.” Amber said sternly, Jessica sat on the couch and Amber followed.

“I know that, but we’re growing up. I couldn’t be with them forever.” She sighed as she patted Amber on the knee who frowned at what she said.

“They miss you. Yuri misses you, a lot.” The tomboy pouted at the older Jung who frowned at her, “I cannot be with Yuri, and you know that.”

“So what if she’s a girl? Tiffany and Taeyeon are going out and everyone’s fine with it.”

Jessica shook her head, “it’s not that..” she paused, “I have dreams to conquer. I cannot be a gangster for the wholeness of my life. I wanna be a designer; I want to conquer the world of fashion.”

Amber rolled her eyes, “You can be that with SNSD’s help, hell, they’ll even change if that’s what you want as long as you’re with them.”

But what Amber noticed was the silver ring on Jessica’s right hand.  She took hold of Jessica’s wrist and gritted her teeth. “YOU’RE ENGAGED?!”

Jessica pulled her hand away and looks at Amber with an unreadable look, it was a first to see angry Amber, because she got used to seeing the dorky and adorable Amber that she used to like.

“I.. “ she stuttered, Amber immediately stood up, “forget about what I said earlier. Don’t come back to SNSD. What Yuri said to me was true, you didn’t fight for them, and you only fought for yourself.” She then went to the door and said one last thing that made the Ice Princess cry, “forget that you ever existed in SNSD.”

--.////////////////////

Krystal immediately got out from Kai’s house when she saw the clock on his table; it read 1:30 AM. She was so about Amber caring too much for SNSD that she decided to do the thing that she never expected herself to.

She did it with Kai.

Though he was her first, she didn’t feel a thing. But what she did feel was guilt and remorse to herself and for her friends. She was about to cry when she bumped into a certain someone.

“Krystal? What are you doing here?” she then looked up to see a hand being offered to her, it was none other than the one that she was insecure and jealous of: Im Yoona.

“I overslept at Sulli’s place because we have a test coming up.” She gave her a half-smile and bowed to her (since she’s a senior and they are not that close) Yoona nodded and said. “Well, do you want me to walk you home?”

Krystal shook her head, “Please don’t,” she smiled, “I’m fine, our house is just near from here.. sorry for asking but why are you here at this hour?”

Yoona pursued her lips before answering, “this is embarrassing to admit but I’m lost,” she giggled, “do you know where Amber lives?”

Krystal’s mind went black after that, what the hell will she be doing at Amber’s place at this hour?! “Why?” she suddenly asked, not caring if she sounds rude or not. Yoona blinked at the sudden change of behavior of the freshman and decided to go along with it. “She just texted me to come since it’s an emergency,” she opened her phone and showed her a text message from Amber, “she seems to be in a bad mood and she wants me to come over, she just texted me the address though and I don’t know where it is.”

Krystal couldn’t help but to be jealous. Amber just met Yoona yet she wants her to come over to her place this late… could it be that they are in a relationship? She shook her head, no, it couldn’t be.. she didn’t notice the insecurities eating her and then she just walked away leaving Yoona standing with a triumphant smile, I knew it, Krystal likes Amber…. But it won’t be this easy. Yoona sighed then her phone rang signaling a call from Amber.

“Hello?”

“Where are you now?” the caller said, “the competition’s about to start!” it shouted, Yoona panicked and answered back, “I don’t know where you guys at!”

=///////////////////

“Yah, stupid.” Krystal calls Amber when she was done talking with Victoria, Amber didn’t notice it but Victoria glanced at Krystal before returning to her work. The tomboy smiled at the princess when she approached her.

“Sup, Princess?” she asked as she sat next to her, Krystal then opened her book and asked her the question that she has been dying to ask last night.

“What were you doing with Yoona-unnie last night?”

This caught the attention of the three, Luna who was busy reading her musical script looks at Amber, Sulli who was texting her boyfriend had her eyes wide open and then sat next to Amber who ruffled her hair saying, “Way to go, cowboy!” (Which earned a glare from Krystal) and Victoria stopped working to look at the oldest of the three who were sitting on the couch.

“Amber Liu, explain yourself.” This time it was Victoria’s time to talk as she stood up and sat on her table facing the three students in front of her, Amber sighed.

“Me and Yoona aren’t alone,” she started, “SNSD joined a dance competition and since they lack one member,” she then proceeded to look at Krystal before continuing, “they asked me to fill in, and that night, Yoona overslept and that’s it.” She shrugged her shoulders, “and what were you doing late at night on the streets? Do you know that it’s dangerous out there?” Amber glared at her, Luna and Sulli looks at Krystal and asked, “Yeah, how’d you know about that?”

Victoria blinked, Could it be that she’s with Kai?

“I was just taking a walk since I can’t sleep.”

Amber frowned, “You’re lying.”

Krystal stood up, “So what if I am? Let’s not talk about it.” She then took her phone and said, “I’ll go buy us some drinks,” with that she went out leaving the three of her friends.

A few moments of silence Amber then said, “And I forgot to tell you that we won!”