Kick

Pink Tape

“What does that make you and Krystal?” Victoria asked the tomboy as they walked along the hallway. Amber was helping Victoria carry the new set of books to the library.

“Huh?” Amber raised her brows as she looks at the girl beside her who rolled her eyes.

“She kissed you yesterday in front of your classmates.” She stated like it was the obvious thing in the world, Amber blushed but shrugged it off with a laugh, “She did. Man, it was funny.” She shook her head at the memory of her classmate’s faces.

“So are you two dating?”

Amber snorted, “No.”

“Then why’d she kiss you?”

They took a turn on the corner and the library ahead of them can now be clearly seen.

“She’s probably jealous of me and Yoona. You know how possessive our little princess is.” She smiled as she used her other foot to open the library door.

“You’re okay with that?,” Victoria paused as they put the box on the table and waited for the librarian, “I mean, it’s pretty obvious that you like our Soojungie and she likes you, too.. – why don’t you two date?”

Amber laughed, “Why would we? We’re better off as friends,” she then opened her phone, “plus, she doesn’t like me as much as I do. It’s just platonic love between us, mine just happens to be greater.”

Victoria nodded; Amber’s right. But from what she saw in Krystal’s actions towards her is different from what the tomboy have explained. But she also knows about Luna’s feelings to Amber who is still oblivious about the two girls’ feelings to her. Amber you dumb llama

------------------zxzx

“WHAT THE HELL.”

Krystal stated in English as she saw Sulli’s scores on her test paper, Amber concerned (and somewhat shocked) at the expression of the princess, ran to see the source of the distress.

“HOLY CRAP, SULLI.”

Amber too, stated in English. Victoria walked towards them and her eyes widened at what she saw.

“管它的,沒關係” and now it was Victoria’s turn to say What the Hell in Chinese, Luna rolled her eyes at the drama scene in front of her, took the paper and froze.

13/100

“SULLI! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!!!!!!”

Sulli covered her ears and stood up, “STOP YELLING!!!”

Victoria is now ranting in Chinese as she walked back and forth, Krystal’s now back to her apathetic self as she continues reading her book, Amber is now rapping on why Sulli shouldn’t fail her exams and Luna was singing (to calm herself down)

The five of them cares for each other, so it’s just normal to see if one would fail their exam or lose to some bet or something because (read the first sentence).

“We’ll help you pass your exam; I’ll ask your teacher if you could re-take.” Victoria (now back to her Korean self) said as she patted the taller girl’s head who nodded in return.

“Me, too.” Luna smiled her 1000-watt smile and gave her a thumbs up, Krystal rolled her eyes and said, “Fine.”

They were waiting for Amber’s response but instead she hung her head low and sighed, “sorry but I won’t be able to help you this time.”

Sulli frowned, “But hyung you’re so good at Math!!” she clung to Amber’s arm who smiled at her, “Sorry, Ssull, but I have a skateboard competition coming up and the guys are depending on me.”

“ So you’re choosing a silly skateboard game when your friend is in need?”

Amber shook her head, “It’s not that, but you know how I love skateboard and I promise, this will be my last time.” She pouted, Krystal rolled her eyes, and Luna used this chance to sit next to Amber and patted her head.

“Llama, just be careful okay?” Luna said as she looked at her with a worried expression, the llama just nodded happily.

“I will!!” she said happily and rested her head on Luna’s collar who blushed and continued patting her head.

“Aigoooooo.” Victoria cooed at the two, “Llama and its master.” She giggled, Sulli took a photo of it and Krystal glared at the two.

Then they were cut off by a knock on the door, Victoria shouted to come in and it was Kai.

“Kai!!” Sulli immediately ran to her boyfriend who hugged her in return, “Sulli-ah, you’re ready to go?” the taller girl nodded as she wrapped her arms around her boyfriend who patted her head in return.

“We’ll get going then..” Kai bowed his head as he held his girlfriend’s hand, but before that, he locked eyes with a certain redhead who was staring at him the whole time and it didn’t go unnoticed by the eldest girl in the room.

--////-------------

“Amber you need to win this game!” a tall man with a built physique yelled at the blonde who gave him a thumbs up in return, “Don’t worry, Jonghyun-hyung! Amber got this!” she yelled in return who smirked at her return.

Amber was busy practicing her skateboard competition when a certain petite girl caught her attention, “Sunny-unnie!” Amber called the girl who beamed at her in return.

“Amber! What’s up?” she asked as she high-fived the tomboy, “Just practicing some skateboard stuff, you?”

Sunny shrugged her shoulders, “Jessica got in trouble again,” then she sighed, “Yuri and the others are helping her sort the stuff, so it’s just me and Yoona to manage the turf… that’s why I’m on my there—“

“Wait,” Amber cut her off, “Yoona? Im Yoona?”

Sunny nodded, “Yeah, that Yoona, why?”

“WHEN DID SHE BECOME A MEMBER OF SNSD?!!!”

//////////////////////////////////--------------------------------------------

“A—Amber!” Yoona greeted the tomboy as she swallowed the rice that she was eating; the tomboy went to her and held her face, making it move side by side to check if she’s okay.

“Oh my god, I was so worried!” Amber sat down on the seat (Sunny was sitting on the couch) next to Yoona and sighed.

“You were worried?” Yoona blushed; Amber looked at her nodded, “I thought that they beat you up as initiation or something.” She said, Sunny on the other hand laughed. “Yah, Im Yoona, mind telling Amber the reason why you’re here?” she winked before going in to the other room.

Yoona nervously laughed when Amber faced her, “Yah, what’s up with that alligator laugh?”

“What? Why alligator?” she asked, Amber grinned, “Laugh for me.”

And Yoona did what she was told, Amber chuckled for a while and ruffled the older girl’s hair, “Your mouth is just like the alligator’s, but--- a pretty alligator to be exact.” She smiled at her and Yoona swore that her face was just like a tomato.

There was an awkward silence between them.  The room is rather big since it’s the leader’s house her family owns the area. There were three couches, one in the middle, two on the sides, a flat screen tv, square wooden table and a chandelier.

“So, what got you in here?”
Yoona sighed, “promise me one thing first,” she said with a stern look, Amber smiled, “what is it?”

“promise me that you’ll stay.”

Amber puts her hand on top of hers just like what she did on their first meeting, “why wouldn’t I?”

---//.///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Amber walked her way home with a smile on her face, it felt good that someone like Yoona would open up to her even though that they only met for a week and a half.

So, moving what Yoona told her aside, Amber skated her way to the park and before that she have to pass by Krystal’s house (knowing that the girl is at home since it’s 8 PM already) the tomboy decided to drop by for some free dinner. (Soojung only cooks for our beloved llama)

She was about jump from her skateboard when the gate opened, revealing someone she didn’t expect it to be.

////- (present time)

“When did you find out about it?” Victoria asked Amber who lay on their old sofa; she was sitting on her old office table while looking at the blonde who has a stoic face.

“I didn’t really suspect about it but there was this one instance where my suspicions began, but knowing Soo—I mean Krystal,” she frowned, “I just never thought that she could do such thing.”

The two were cut off from their awkward silence when Luna came into the room, she smiled at Amber who only gave her a half smile in return, she then turned to Victoria with a worried expression and Victoria just smiled bitterly at her.

“Krystal’s flight will be tomorrow evening, you sure you don’t wanna talk to her or something?” Luna asked, Amber sighed, “she hurt you guys, I can’t forgive her for that. She made us all cry. We’re supposed to be a family that should take care of each other. But what did she do? She betrayed us. She hurt us.” Amber gritted her teeth in anger as she ran a hand to her hair. Luna went to her side and Amber laid her head on Luna’s shoulder taking comfort at the petite girl’s warmth.

“The difference here is,” they were cut off by another voice which came from the door that’s been newly opened.

“We forgave her.” The girl who happens to be Sulli said as she went to Amber and kissed her head. “We missed the old you, hyung.”

--//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// back to the past

“Kai? What are you doing here?” Amber asked the boy who froze in front of her.

Then she heard a gasp, it was Krystal who is in the door. Amber twitched her brows at the tension that she’s feeling between the two.

“Kai went here to borrow a book from me.” Krystal immediately said, returning to her apathetic tone and self.

“Why don’t you borrow it from Sulli? You three are from the same grade, right?” she asked, her gaze never leaving Kai who remained silent.

“He doesn’t want to bother her since she’s studying hard.” Krystal answered back, Amber now has her attention to Krystal and smiled, “I thought you two are doing something behind our backs,” laughed the tomboy, trying to hide the suspicion in her tone “Well, good night, Kai!” she patted Kai’s shoulder who smiled at her in return and went on leaving Krystal who is standing on their porch.

Amber noticed that Krystal was only wearing a bathrobe and slippers.

“You greeted Kai only wearing that?” she asked, Krystal shook her head, “of course, not. I greeted him with my uniform on; I didn’t know that he was still here since unnie decided to talk to him.”

Amber nodded, “So, what are you doing here? And why are you still not at home?” she asked, Amber laughed, “Was about to head to the park for some fresh air, can I drink some water?”

Krystal nodded, “sure you can, stupid.”

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“WHAT THE HELL” Krystal said as her eyes widened at what she saw, Amber, curious as ever went next to Krystal and her eyes also widened at the paper in front of her,

“SULLI WHAT THE CRAP”

Victoria looks at them and walked over the two, she took the paper and said something in Chinese; it was so fast that even Amber couldn’t catch up, the next thing that they knew; Victoria was kissing Sulli’s head. Luna came in and she frowned, “What’s up, guys? Why are you so happy??”

Amber immediately stood up and kissed Luna’s head out of happiness which made the latter blush.

“SULLI ACED HER EXAMS!!!”

Luna then laughed out loud and fainted. (it was all because she couldn’t contain the feeling that she felt when Amber kissed her.)

--//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Amber was sitting alone in the bench waiting for the skateboarding competition to start when a girl sat beside her.

“You know, if you keep frowning like that, you’ll get old faster.” She laughed at the tomboy who looks at her with confusion.

“Excuse me, but who are you?” Amber asked politely which was returned by a pout, “Of course, you don’t know me.” And then the girl smiled, “I’m Bae Suzy, the child of the sponsor for this event.” She said as she offered her hand to Amber, the tomboy returned it and shook Suzy’s hand.

“Nice meeting you, Suzy.”

“Yeah, you, too.”