Signal

Pink Tape

Krystal has been sending the signal to Amber ever since she realized that she’s in love with her. Her group of friends noticed it except for the brown haired tomboy who remained oblivious to the whole ordeal about her liking Amber.

But she doesn’t know why things ended up this way.

True, Krystal is apathetic. She doesn’t care about anyone except for Amber. But then she noticed Kai who is always looking at her. But she just shrugged it off because she doesn’t really care about him.

But then, Amber has been returning her affections, Amber would hold her hand, would often kiss her head before dropping her off to her house and she even heard that she led the beating of Krystal’s harasser along with her SNSD-unnies. So, she was really grateful for what the tomboy did. But being silent and being able to care for only one person (she cares for her friends but her love for Amber is more than that) but then she observed the way Luna-unnie looks at Amber, how she worries for Amber when she calls her stupid or when she would do something to her that would make Amber look bad.

She will regret it afterwards though but would make her angry later on because Amber is only hers. But then, why would Amber be hers when all she ever did was to abuse or make fun of her. Even Krystal couldn’t even understand it. That maybe the reason why she did it with Kai. No, they didn’t have but all they did was just kiss, make-out and leave.

Kai on the other hand likes Sulli but is in love with Krystal. No, he’s loyal when he wants to but there’s something about Krystal that he’s drawn to her. Maybe because how her gaze would freeze him or how she bites her lip when she reads something interesting, that must be it. But there’s also something about Sulli that would make his heart flutter. Probably because she’s cute and her laugh is something to fall for.

But in the battle of love, Krystal won his heart. Even though Krystal didn’t fought for it. She won effortlessly, Kai felt guilty but it was washed with Krystal’s kisses.  And their affair continued, he would go to her house after Amber would drop her off and would come inside.

But everything changed when they were almost caught on the spot by the overprotective tomboy. Amber protects all her friends like any big brother would do. When Victoria’s heart was broken, Amber went to JYP University and punched the guy who broke Victoria’s heart. When Luna got bullied because they called her fat even though she’s not, Amber defended her by singing along with her and threatened them that she’d skin them alive if she ever heard about them bullying the petite girl. And ever since then, Luna’s life in the school has become better. Other than beating the harasser Krystal had, she also almost got expelled of the school when she heard that Krystal got cat-called, she beat the guys because they made Krystal cry and being the insecure one of the Jung sisters, she got ashamed of herself which made Amber mad and she did the thing. She was indeed lucky that Victoria took her in and defended her in front of the chairman and the president.

When they were almost caught by Amber, Krystal stopped seeing him. It was as if she’s guilty after all the things that they have done. (But to be honest, they’re just making out) But he wasn’t oblivious of the girl’s feelings towards the tomboy who in the other hand was being dense.

“Krystal,” He called her one time when they met at the library; Krystal looked at him and just looked at him like he was one of the most uninteresting thing in the whole world.

“What’s wrong?” he asked her as he sat beside her and she just continued reading her book, “stop bothering me.” She said then she stood up to return her book, he followed her. When they were now in a secluded area, Kai pinned her on the shelf (but not that hard since it’ll fall down) and kissed her, Krystal decided to fight but then she remembered Amber the other day with a girl on her skateboard competition so she let her jealousy control her body and kissed Kai back with the thirst that he’s showing her. But then they were stopped when Kai was pushed by another person and a loud slap echoed in the whole library.

And never in Krystal’s life had that she felt guilt, shame and resentment to herself when she saw the disappointment in Victoria Song’s eyes.

--////////////////////////////////////////////////

Victoria had seen everything, from Kai stealing glances to Krystal and Krystal being uneasy when Amber and Kai are in the same room.

She felt it, she just did. And she was right when she followed Kai to the library and found out that they were doing it. She cares for her friends but doesn’t show it in a violent way, but what she saw changed her. She was so angry that she slapped a person for the first time and she didn’t feel any guilt after what happened, after she slapped Krystal, all she got was tears from Krystal eyes but the girl didn’t frown or anything, instead she smiled.

“I’m not sorry for what I did if that’s what you’re asking.”  She said and after that walked away, she then proceeded to glare at the boy in front of her who is now kneeling in front of her, “please don’t tell Sulli, I’ll tell her about it, just give me time!” he pleaded, Victoria (who is still angry) walked pass him and went to her office only to be greeted by a dorky Amber.

“Vic, what’s wrong?” Amber asked as she held her shoulders, she smiled faintly at her and hugged Amber. She felt sorry for her, she felt sorry for her friends. But this will be the last trust that she’ll be giving to him and Krystal. Amber smiled at the older girl’s action towards her and hugged her back, “Aigoooo, is this all about the fact that you’re graduating? Don’t worry, we won’t forget you, plus.. I’m running for president this year so that we could still keep the office.” She said to her then proceeded to kiss Victoria on the head.

“Amber, stop being so sweet.” Krystal rolled her eyes, Amber laughed and decided to let go of the hug, Victoria patted Amber’s head and said, “such a sweet llama, you are.” She giggled and then proceeded to her table to do the usual stuff.

But in mind, what she saw in the library is still on replay.