Rum Pum Pum Pum

Pink Tape

It was Amber’s first day of school in SM Academy, she got in for free because she passed the scholarship exam and it was her dream to be in the prestigious institution. Why SM? Because after graduation, every student who graduated from the school gets to enroll in their any choice of college for free. Why is that? Because SM’s products are all prodigies and they excel in any fields that they want to, every year SM has a Global Audition where the students give their all in physical and mental talents. And Amber was indeed lucky to have been chosen. The problem now here is, she doesn’t know how to speak Korean since SM is located in Seoul, Korea.

“You must be Amber Liu, please take a seat, your tour guide and your Korean tutor will be here in a minute.” An old and short man said as he motioned Amber to take her own seat, her hair was short, she was wearing the prescribed school uniform but instead of skirt, she wore shorts. Because that’s what the school gave her and she preferred it more than the short skirts. And thus, giving her a boyish vibe that would really question your eyes because she looks like more of a boy than a girl.

Amber glanced at the nameplate in front of her and there it wrote in English letters, Lee Soo Man below his name were the words, CEO and Chairman.

“Sir, you called me?”  The silence was disrupted by a female voice with a weird accent, Amber looked at the girl and she has huge circle-y eyes, her bangs on the level of her brows, and her hair on a ponytail, she was wearing the uniform without a tie (white blouse, navy blue skirt, white knee socks and black Barbie shoes).

“Ah yes, please take a seat, Miss Song.” The CEO said and the girl obliged, Amber’s gaze still followed the girl who smiled at her, she blushed and smiled shyly in return.

“You see, Amber’s from America and she doesn’t know how to speak and read Korean so I want you to teach her and tour her at the school,” he said as he glanced at Victoria then looks at Amber, “You can talk to Victoria in Chinese, she’s Chinese.” He said to Amber in English and she nodded in return.

“Victoria, Amber is Taiwanese so I guess it wouldn’t be that hard,” he smiled at Victoria who returned the smile and nodded.

“Of course, I won’t fail you, sir.” She stood up and shook his hand, Amber looks at the two when Victoria spoke to her in Chinese, “Let’s go now, I’ll walk you to your room.”

“You must know that my Chinese is not that good,” Amber said in the language which Victoria nodded, she took the paper the chairman gave her earlier and read the first class where Amber would be, “You didn’t have this class in America so you will be taking it here with the second year students.”

Amber nodded, “I have noticed that in my schedule, is that where we’re heading?”

Victoria smiled at her, “Yes, and I have a friend there who will take care of you.”

--

Luna has been complaining about the growing tooth in , they keep telling her to have it removed but she wouldn’t, because she doesn’t like the pain to be doubled. She sighed as she hung her head low and rubbed the part where the sore is.

Luna was about to cry when she heard gasps from her classmates, she looked at reason why they’re gasping and later on she followed, gasped. Luna’s eyes widened at their new classmate, completely forgetting the pain inside .

“Gah! So handsome!”

“Why is he wearing shorts? Aren’t males supposed to wear slacks?”

“A NEW OPPA!”

The boys in return (who are obviously jealous at the sight in front of them) groaned.

Then Luna’s eyes moved to Victoria who waved at her and she waved in return.

The two of them are close friends ever since Victoria came to the school when she was still a freshman in SM, Victoria on the other hand was a junior, they got close because she’s the secretary of the Student Council and Victoria was the vice-president.

“Everyone,” Victoria called the attention of everyone in Korean, “this is your new classmate, give her  some slack since she doesn’t know how to speak Korean and read in Hangul so yeah,” she paused to smile at the expressions in front of her, some were shocked, some were in sorrow and the boys were grinning.

“Luna,” she called at the blonde whose eyes were wide at the revelation, “please take care of her, I’ll see you at lunch also bring her.” She pointed at Amber who looked at them, confused.

Luna nodded and patted her seat next to her, completely forgetting that Onew is seated next to her (it wasn’t her fault that he’s absent)

Victoria whispered to Amber and the other girl nodded, the older girl bid goodbye leaving Amber and the teacher standing, he cleared his throat and Amber gulped before saying, “Anneonghaseyo, Amber Liu ilmnida.”

And at that, Luna was determined to have her wisdom tooth taken off because she knew that being in love with Amber is more painful than the pain that she is feeling within .

The pain of first love is far more painful than a mere wisdom tooth in the mouth.

--

Krystal rolled her eyes at her taller friend who wouldn’t stop rambling about elephants. They were on their way to SM Academy High School Building. After this term, they’ll be high school students and will be on the same building with their friends. Krystal and Sulli became friends with Luna and Victoria when Sulli accidentally punched Luna on the face for thinking that she was the stalker that has been following them, after that incident, they became fast friends and every after school they would hang out at the Student Council Office (or Victoria’s office)

“And we’re here!” Sulli exclaimed as she opened the door and was silenced. Krystal was following her friend when she observed the sudden change of behavior she looked at her taller friend at to the person she’s staring at.

There sat a brown haired boy, silently reading a book with white earphones on, Krystal pushed her friend forward which made the other girl stumble and her face fell on the other seat, the brown haired boy’s attention was now on them and he’s looking at them with a confused expression, Krystal gave her signature glare but the boy just tilted his head and his brows were twitched,

“Excuse me, but who are you?” the boy finally spoke in English.

Sulli looks at Krystal with pleading eyes; she looks at the short haired girl and sighed.

“We’re from the other building, I’m Krystal and that stupid looking girl is Sulli.” She pointed to herself then to her friend who earned a laugh from the boy and for the first time it made Krystal the Ice Princess’ heart flutter.

“You must be Victoria and Luna’s friends,” he paused to smile at her and Sulli. “I’m Amber Liu, pleased to meet you.” She stood up and helped Sulli up, the taller girl blushed and sat down shyly, Amber then made her way to Krystal and smiled, “Thank God, I found someone who speaks English!”

And for the first time that day, (even though it took her a week to know that Amber’s a girl, it also took her three days to accept that fact)

And it took her a day to accept that Amber (who happens to be a girl) is her first love.

--

“Amber, I know that it’s only been a week but I think I like you!”

Sulli never understood the concept of love, nor even realized it. But what she’s saying right now is utter useless and doesn’t make sense.

Amber looks at her stupefied and then laughed, “Sulli, I’m a girl.”

“I don’t care!”

Another laugh, “What is love?”

Sulli blinked, “I don’t know! What I know is I love you!”

“No,” Amber said sternly, “That’s not love, and I only see you as a younger sibling.”

Sulli pouted but then giggled as she realized her foolishness, “can I call you hyung instead?”

Amber smiled and nodded, “Of course you can my little brother.”

It may seem silly, but Sulli accepted it. She got #littlebrotherzoned .

--/.

Victoria has been secretly in love with her English tutor, a Thai-American guy named Nickhun, he and her are at the same year but he studies in JYP University.

They’re comfortable with each other where it came to the point where they’re rumored to be couples but didn’t budge because it wasn’t the truth, Victoria wish it was real though.

Then one day, everything came tumbling down when Nichkhun told her the thing that she wish didn’t happen.

“Victoria, me and Tiffany are now dating!” he happily exclaimed and hugged her when they met at the intersection where they usually meet for her English sessions.

And for the first time in her life, she felt that her heart broke into gazillion pieces.

--

A/N_ Fact: Rum Pum Pum Pum is defined by f(x) as the pain of heartache.. which is being compared to a wisdom tooth growing and being removed.

thanks for reading! I'm almost done with this!!!!