Making up

First and Forever Love

It was 3 days since all that had happened.  Han Tae-sun had been very angry at Kim Dong-Hyub in the morning and had refused to talk to him.  He had just left. 

Kim Dong-Hyub had tried to recall what had happened and then had felt very ashamed.  He had tried to make up in every which way, completely understanding why Han Tae-sun would be angry. 

This was the second time for him, have we already known each other for so long?’  Kim Dong-Hyub did not really do the drinking till you fall thing often.  In fact, before he had met Han Tae-sun, he did not even remember when he had done that.  It did not matter, thought Kim Dong-Hyub.  Han Tae-sun had had to take care of him twice like this and Kim Dong-Hyub was being an . 

He had tried sending cute texts.  Then he had sent hot texts.  Then, he had called and gotten a very cold shoulder making it clear that Han Tae-sun was angry and did not want to talk to him.

Then, Kim Dong-Hyub had decided to think like a boyfriend and had decided what he should do.  In his haste to make up, he had forgotten Han Tae-sun was not a girl and he had forgotten it was Han Tae-sun.  So, he had thought of flowers.  He should have known

While Han Tae-sun was still slightly annoyed with Kim Dong-Hyub, he had lost most of his irritation the second day.  It was difficult to resist Kim Dong-Hyub with all those apologies.  But, it was just fun to pretend to stay annoyed just because Kim Dong-Hyub had been trying so hard.  

Oh!  The games we play!’ he shook his head to himself while smiling.  He had been enjoying torturing Kim Dong-Hyub a little mostly because he had been enjoying all those cute and hot texts.  ‘Who knew making up was this much fun!’   

And then, a florist had delivered flowers in the classroom to Han Tae-sun. 

Everyone in the classroom had looked at Han Tae-sun.  Han Tae-sun was puzzled himself but he had already started getting that feeling in the pit of his stomach.  It had to be Kim Dong-Hyub. 

What the is wrong with him?’

He did not show any emotion.  He had continued to look bored and irritated.  Florist had dropped the flowers on his desk.  “I need a sign”.  Even florist had looked apologetic.  So, Han Tae-sun had suffered through the indignity of having to sign for flowers when everyone was watching. 

No one would dare send him flowers. No one he knew or knew him would send him flowers.   He knew without a doubt it had to be Kim Dong-Hyub.  ‘Flowers are going to the trash can but did he attach a card?  Oh dear ing idiot of a ’ There was a card!  With all the dignity and the arrogance he could muster at the moment, he pulled the card off, walked to the back of the class where there was a trash can, dumped the flowers in the trash, walked back to his desk, bowed to everyone deeply and apologized.   

He crumpled the card.  He had not yet read the card but if he had the superpower, that card would have been dust in his hands but for now, he put it in his pocket and sat down. 

The whole thing had the class gaping at him, attention he did not need.  That included his teacher who looked alarmed at her own decision. 

Teacher did not even know if she was allowed to have flowers delivered to a classroom.  It was all too surprising and Han Tae-sun was known to be a prodigy and she had decided to simply make an impulsive decision without thinking.  She was sure it was in the rule book somewhere that flowers could not delivered in the class room. Nothing should be delivered to a classroom.  ‘What was she thinking?   If anyone spoke, she was going to be in a lot of trouble.’ 

Han Tae-sun wanted to rip Kim Dong-Hyub a new .

……

Han Tae-sun read the card when he was alone.  It just had one word.  “Apologies”.

Han Tae-sun was just too angry.  He projected that anger so much that everyone seemed to be parting as he walked. 

…..

All the high he had felt when he had ordered flowers for Han Tae-sun dissipated when Kim Dong-Hyub thought of what he had done.  It was a little late realization because they were already delivered.  He had a confirmation that Han Tae-sun had signed personally.  It hit him too late.  ‘What the did I do?  I sent flowers to Han Tae-sun in his classroom?’

He already knew he had just prolonged his anguish.  He had to stop being dumb. 

……

Both of them knew that this was not something that would ruin relationship.  It was not about that for either of them.  Kim Dong-Hyub had felt sorry.  Han Tae-sun had felt angry.

Flowers did not help.

…..

I am ing irritated’ Han Tae-sun thought.

Ahhh..I was so stupid’ Kim Dong-Hyub thought.

…..

Lee Pil-suk found Han Tae-sun walking.   She was looking for him. Someone had told her Han Tae-sun had flowers delivered to him in the class.  She found it extremely funny.  Mostly because she knew how angry Han Tae-sun would be.  She did not know who would deliver flowers to Han Tae-sun but she had a suspicion.  She wanted to mostly tease Han Tae-sun.  But the way he was walking with that expression on his face even scared her.   She was not scared of Han Tae-sun. But he looked like a badass with that walk.  ‘Whoa’ though Pil-suk.  Teasing was not the best idea. 

So she asked instead.  “Why are you looking so angry?  Even I am scared”

He snapped “What do you want?”

She pretended to be very hurt.  Sometimes, she had to act.  “Okay, I am going.”  She knew Han Tae-sun did not like to see that expression on her face.  It always softened him, reminding him that he was being a to her for no reason.  She knew that and used it whenever he was being a to her.  She did not feel guilty. 

Han Tae-sun “Wait.  Sorry”

Lee Pil-suk “Why do you look annoyed?”

Han Tae-sun “That idiot sent flowers to the classroom”

Lee Pil-suk had to control her giggles.  This was not the time. 

“He is really dumb” She said. 

“He ing is” Han Tae-sun agreed.

Just saying that made him feel better.  At least one more person thought how dumb Kim Dong-Hyub was.

“You should send flowers to him.  Embarrass him in front of his peeps” She said.  She was trying so hard to suppress her giggles.  It was very hard.

“Are you giggling?” Han Tae-sun asked.

Lee Pil-suk went crazy.  She laughed so hard holding her stomach. 

“So”  giggle, giggle, laugh…”funny!” laugh…..

‘It is kind of funny’ Han Tae-sun thought.  ‘Except it is not!’ 

He sent me flowers?  That idiot!’  Okay, it was kind of funny Han Tae-sun thought.

Suddenly he was not sure why he was so angry.  It was all so ridiculous.  Kim Dong-Hyub had sent him flowers.  A laugh was beginning to form and then he just coughed a laugh. 

“I suppose dumb is funny” Han Tae-sun said.  He sighed.

He would have to tell Kim Dong-Hyub not to be dumb like that. 

He finally made up his mind and texted.  “Flowers? #$%#”

Well, he did not really know what he wanted say so he hoped those special characters conveyed something even if he did not know what it was.

He immediately got the text back.

Kim Dong-Hyub “I know.  I got carried away”

Han Tae-sun “It embarrassed me in front of class and teacher”

Kim Dong-Hyub “I did not think it through”

Han Tae-sun “Dumb!”

Kim Dong-Hyub “Should I send flowers to your apartment to make up?”

‘Oh god! He is so incorrigible! ‘Han Tae-sun thought.  ‘What am I going to do with him?’

Han Tae-sun “!”  he just sent a blank text because he had no idea what to feel.

He let it go at that.  Ignoring whatever text Kim Dong-Hyub sent after that.

……

Later he checked.  “Hmmm..Sorry?”  He could almost imagine Kim Dong-Hyub blinking his eyes rapidly in front of him, pretending to be very sorry.  That image removed any remaining irritation he felt.

Ah well!’  It was time to give up.  Three days was a bit much to string this along. 

…..

Han Tae-sun finally called him.  “What did you do when I was not in your number 1 to call during a up list?’

“I did not really up too much” Kim Dong-Hyub said.

“What? you started ing up after you met me?” Han Tae-sun asked.

Kim Dong-Hyub sighed.  “Not really….You know I had a reason the first time….  This time, it was just fun...Colin had some amazing stories and we kept drinking…It felt fun at that time…What?  You never got drunk like that?”

“Hey!  You can get drunk anytime you like.  Stop calling me to handle it” Han Tae-sun said, very annoyed.  He remembered all too well what had happened when he was drunk.  He did not need a reminder from Kim Dong-Hyub.
 

Even as Han Tae-sun said that, he realized he was projecting. 

Kim Dong-Hyub “Who would I call?”

Han Tae-sun “Well you called someone before you met me.  Call that person”

Kim Dong-Hyub “It was long time ago.  I don’t have her number anymore”

Han Tae-sun “You are frustrating.”

Kim Dong-Hyub “I am sorry, okay?  I will be careful.  You are not very supportive..” almost complaining.

Han Tae-sun “Yah! You want me to support your drinking habit?”

Kim Dong-Hyub “Hey, I don’t have a drinking habit.  What the hell are you talking about?”

Han Tae-sun “I am just so annoyed.”

Well, one of them had to calm down.  Kim Dong-Hyub felt Han Tae-sun was making too much out of this.  Han Tae-sun felt Kim Dong-Hyub was making it too light.  They both groaned with frustration at the same time. 

Kim Dong-Hyub “Looks like we are really fighting”

Han Tae-sun “Yeah.  It’s not great!”

Kim Dong-Hyub “We might end up fighting like this in the future”

Han Tae-sun took a deep breath.  “So, stop drinking like that”

Kim Dong-Hyub “You sound like my wife”

Han Tae-sun “Shut the up!  You never had a wife”

Kim Dong-Hyub “I feel like I have one now”

Han Tae-sun was still annoyed and was suppressing the mirth he was feeling inside.

‘Gosh, this is such a crazy conversation!’

Han Tae-sun “Shut up!”  His voice betrayed what he was actually feeling. 

Kim Dong-Hyub could feel it through the phone.  He felt light.  “I love you”. 

Han Tae-sun “I know.  It is annoying.”

Kim Dong-Hyub laughed at that.  They were okay. 

…..

Han Tae-sun went to Kim Dong-Hyub’s apartment that night and they made up.

It felt great!

‘May be they should have more fights!’ Both of them thought.

“No!”  They both thought. 

Overall, it was not too bad.  ‘I got flowers for the first time in my life’ Han Tae-sun reasoned. 

‘Gosh, his lips feel so soft.  These collarbones!  Hmm….when did he get these muscles? Oh...those lips and the way he groans…’ Kim Dong-Hyub thought.

…..