/10

Superficial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin unlocked the door to the room and gestured me to go in first. "Welcome to our honeymoon suite!" He enthusiastically add. "Prffft! Suite my ! It's more like a mouse hole." I replied as I look around the room. It was a standard room, with the standard furnishings. "Oh hey, you can sleep there." I pointed at the two-seater couch. Taemin was putting our luggages away when he turned to look at where I was pointing at. "Don't be ridiculous babe, my whole body can't even fit in there comfortably. How about you sleep there instead?" I plopped myself on the bed and shook my head. "Why should I when I have this bed? You're the guy, you sleep on the couch." Taemin shook his head as he laid down beside me. "Oh no, no, no. This has nothing to do with me being a guy, no offense. My boss booked this room for me, so technically I have the right to sleep on the bed. And now, I am nice enough to share my bed space with you. So take it or leave it." I gave him a smack on the head and he reciprocate with a jab on my sides. "Oww! You're really a pain! Fine, we share the bed. But don't you dare try anything funny!" Taemin fist pumped his hands in the air, "Oh yeay! We just have to wait and see who does funny things to who first. If I remember correctly, you kissed me first." He gave an evil laugh as he got off the bed, but not before I hit his head with the nearest thing I could grab - the hotel's notepad.

We finished showering and unpacking our luggages and it was nearly 3 in the morning. I went to my side of the bed and sleep slowly starts to creep in. I was about to doze off when I felt the other side of the bed dipped and Taemin laid down beside me. My eyes shot open when I felt his hands reaching out for mine.

"What are you doing?" 

"Nothing. Just."

I tried to wriggle my hands out from his but that only made his grip on me tighter. "Naeun, come on. I promise I'm not going to do anything. Just holding hands. I swear." I grumbled for a bit but soon, found myself relaxing as I closed my eyes again. "Ok fine, I can do with just holding hands. Good night then." Taemin mumbled a reply and the next thing I know, I felt his lips pressing on my forehead. My heart went on overdrive as he shifted closer and tighten his grip on my hands. I lay frozen, trying to calm my crazy heart. I didn't realize how long it was, but I heard his soft breathing soon after and only then did I turned to look at him, only to find him sound asleep. I found myself releasing the breath I didn't know I held, as I leaned in to give him a kiss on the forehead too. I smiled to myself and soon, sleep took over.

 

***

 

"Wakey wakey sleepyhead!" I was pulled out from my sleep when I felt someone tapping my legs. I groaned from the disturbance and kicked whoever that was doing that annoying tapping. "Stop it!" I screamed and pulled the blanket over my head to get back to sleep. "Yah, wake up!" I tossed and turned my body in frustration before my blanket was dragged down from my body. "Just let me sleep a while more!" I tried to retrieve back the blanket but it was of no use. "Open your eyes, babe! I need to go soon." Did someone just called me babe? I opened my eyes to see Taemin sitting on the edge of the bed with the blanket wrapped around himself. "Aah, I'm with this guy in New York." I thought to myself as I slowly sat up. "Good morning, Sonshine!" I could only offer him a weak smile in return. "Now that you're up, I'll get going for my morning conference. I know you didn't have enough sleep so I've already ordered breakfast. You can go back to sleep after you eat. I'm going to be back only around 4pm." I nodded my head as I took in Taemin in his business suit. He looks so sharp and handsome, I can't help but feel my smile growing wider. "Why?" He suddenly asked as he puts on his shoes. "You look really good in that suit. Very handsome." I gave him a two thumbs up which made him chuckled. "I should really get used to this side of you. Complimenting me out of random." I got out from the bed and walked over to the coffee table to see a spread of pancakes, omelette and coffee. "Wow, this is nice. But its too much for me to finish it all, it would be such a waste of money." I chided him. "Don't worry, babe. Just eat what you can. I'll see you later, ok? Have a good meal and a good rest. We'll go out when I'm back." He walked over to give me a kiss on the forehead. It was too early in the morning for my body to respond so he was out of the door before I could even react. 

I looked over at the time from the bedside digital clock - 9.32am. "Well, I am famished! Let's eat and then catch up on some more sleep." I cheered gleefully as I devoured the meal that Taemin ordered. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter