/04

Superficial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, welcome home!" Taemin announced as soon as we reach his apartment. I stepped in through the door as I took in my surrounding. For a young man, his home looks very spick and span. "If you're wondering why the house is super clean, that's because my cleaning lady just cleaned it in the morning. She drops by thrice a week to help keep this house in tip top shape." He said, as if reading my mind. I gave him a small smile as I moved nearer to the living room. "Here, let me show you your room." Taemin led the way to a room at the corner of the house. It was bare of furniture, save for a closet, a pair of bedside cupboard and a queen sized bed. "It's...nice?" My statement came out as a question as I cleared my throat to cover up my slip up. I wouldn't want to seem unappreciative. But Taemin, being the guy who somehow can read my mind just nodded his head with a thoughtful look. "Yeah, you're right. I'll bring you go shopping one of these days. We can buy what you want for you to decorate the room." He said after a moment. "What? No, no! This room is more than fine! I don't want to spend your money to decorate the room." I was surprised he even offered to get things on my behalf for a room which I doubt I'll stay long in.

 

"Don't be silly, Naeun. I've never really bothered to decorate this room since it's a spare and I don't really have guests staying over. Now that you're here, you can help me decorate the room." He brushed off my protests and insisted on going on an interior decoration shopping spree soon. "Now, this is the bathroom, and on this side, is my room." He opened the room to his door for me to take a peek. "I hope you understand that we try to keep our bedrooms private. I won't go snooping around yours unnecessarily and you won't do the same to mine." I just nodded my head in apprehension, but just as he was about to close the door, a picture on his study table caught my eye. A picture of a girl to be precise. "Is that your girlfriend? She looks pretty." I tried to get a closer look but Taemin stopped me. "No one important that you should know about. Let's go!" He dragged me out of his room and walked towards the kitchen, evading the topic of the girl. "You know, I'm just asking. You don't have to be so secretive about it. I don't want to live here if you're attached. I don't want any trouble or girl fights with your lady." I crossed my arms and gave him a glare. "She's not my girlfriend and I'm single ok? y, free and single." I rolled my eyes at him. "I can't believe you just quoted Super Junior." My list of questions about the girl forgotten. "Well, I like that song. Probably I should make it my personal anthem?" He teased as he proceeded to sing a verse from the song.

 

I listened in amazement at his singing. "Your voice is so nice!" I commented as I clapped my hands excitedly. Realising my fan girling actions, I played with my hair in embarassment. "Erm, I mean, you should be a singer or something." Taemin just laughed as he leaned against the countertop. "Nah, it's just a hobby. My real passion is dancing." I smiled, visions of Taemin dancing invading my thoughts. "Must be y." I thought as I smirked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter