/08

Superficial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having Taemin taking care of me for the past month has been an eye opener, for I saw what a worry wart he was and how he was overprotective over my every action. He would make a big fuss if he were to come home from work to see me cooking, cleaning or tending to the mini "garden" I made in his front porch.

"Don't do heavy duty stuff, remember?" 

"How long have you been standing?"

"Stop bending down so much! Your bones are gonna be squashed!"

Each time he nagged, I find myself rolling my eyes and giving him replies like, "I'm better!" or "Please stop nagging! I won't break!" or "I'm not paralyzed, I'm allowed to move!". And each time he would forcefully stop me from whatever I was doing and lay me down on the couch to rest. Maybe that's why, whenever he did all that, I find myself falling a little bit more for Lee Taemin. I've never had someone care for me like that and to have Taemin caring so much for someone like me made me feel blessed and special. Yes, I finally am ready to admit that I, Son Naeun, am falling in like (I am not going to say LOVE yet) with Lee Taemin. I would have still been in denial had Taemin not brought some of his colleagues over for dinner one night.

Flashback

"Hey Naeun, come over here! Naeun, this is my colleagues from work. And guys, this is Naeun."

"Woohoo, nice catch bro!" A tall and handsome guy commented. I blushed unknowingly and another one of his colleague chuckled as he said, "You're blushing, Naeun-ssi." Taemin looked at me with raised brows as he smiled. "Is she your girlfriend?" A petite lady whom I found out was named Minah asked. "She's pretty special." Taemin had answered vaguely as he gave me a wink. The butterflies in my stomach awakens as I gave him a playful eye roll. "You guys look cute together. I'm Minho." The tall guy introduced himself. There were four of them who came over. Minho, Minah, Kibum and Yura. The four of them were a lively bunch and dinner went quite well with chats and laughter all around but something was bothering me the entire time. I can't help but notice how Minah was clinging on to Taemin the entire night. Slapping his arms playfully, leaning against him while she was laughing, brushing his hair back when it falls into his eyes. It didn't go unnoticed by me when she caught my eyes and gave me smirks whenever she succesfully did a skinship of some sort with him. I questioned why I was so annoyed and angry when she touches Taemin, but luckily, the guys were great entertainers so I was mostly distracted from overthinking. 

"Stop frowning! Minah can get a little touchy sometimes, especially with Taemin. She has liked Taemin since she started working with us." Yura whispered to me when she caught me looking at the pair. "Does Taemin ever...you know...responded to her...erm...touches?" I asked hesitantly. Yura sniggered. "Jealous?" I bit my lips as I shook my head. "Aww, but you're so obvious, Naeun!" She teased as I felt myself getting flustered. "Don't worry about it. If anything, Taemin always seems uncomfortable around her and is always trying to escape from her." Yura reassured me as she patted my thighs. I gave her a meek smile but deep inside, I was relieved. 

It was late and we were playing a round of "Truth and Dare". Everyone has had a turn except for Taemin. Funnily, I was the only one who chose dare as I didn't want to reveal anything truth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter