/07

Superficial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I tried to sleep the pain off but each time I move, an excruciating pain around my rib area made me groaned out loud. I must have made quite a ruckus because not long after, Taemin came in with his dishevelled hair and sleepy eyes. "What's wrong, baby?" I rolled my eyes at how easy the word came out from his mouth. And if I wasn't in so much pain, I would have given him a good kick. "Can you please just stop with the babe and now the baby name calling? It's annoying!" I tried to sit up but the pain brought me sprawling on my back. "Are you sure you're ok?" Taemin was immediately by my side as he helped me sit up. "If this goes on through out the night, I don't think either of us will have a good sleep." He mentioned as he rubbed my back gently, trying to ease the pain. "It's too painful to even move, let alone sleep." I complained as I tried to shift away from his touch. Don't get me wrong, it was comforting to have him with me but I don't want to get too comfortable with him by my side. "Let's just go to the hospital ok? You might have a broken rib or something." Taemin said as he pushed himself up from the bed. "I'll go change and we'll go." I shook my head, "No need, please. No hospital!" I was adamant about not going to get it checked. Going to the hospital means getting questions asked and questions asked means I have to answer them. "Naeun, stop being so stubborn. We're going and that's the final answer. I'll carry you there even if I have to." He warned before retreating back to his room. I sighed as I buried my head into my hands. "This isn't going to go well." I mumbled to myself as I slowly try to get up to retrieve my coat.

 

***

"It seems like you've got a minor hairline crack to your ribs. And your bruise is pretty bad. Are you sure it was just a fall?" The doctor questioned as he took a look at my X-ray. Taemin raised his brows at what the doctor said. Unable to keep my gaze at the doctor or Taemin, I let it fall to my lap, wondering if Taemin was going to call me bluff. It didn't take long as I heard a snort from Taemin before his voice penetrates the quiet room. "She didn't fall. Did she tell you that?" His voice was laced with disbelief. The doctor nodded his head as Taemin continued. "Her ex-boyfriend kicked her right at the ribs. That's where the bruise came from." I could feel my annoyance build up as I glared back at Taemin. He seemed unfazed with my stare as he gave me a 'don't-you-dare-say-otherwise' look. I grumbled quietly, not wanting to fight him anymore. I guess it was a blessing that Taemin was here with me to help me with the Myungsoo situation. I wouldn't have the courage to do it by myself.

 

"Is that true, Miss Son?" The doctor asked as he look at me in sympathy. I could only managed a small nod as I looked down in embarassment. "Lucky for you, your friend here brought you in. If not, we wouldn't know the extend of your injury and you might injure yourself further while you're moving. From now on, I need you to have plenty of bed rest, avoid moving too much and I'll prescribe you some painkillers." I nodded my head as I said my thanks. With Taemin guiding me out of the room, I heard the doctor called out to me. "Miss Son, I am not trying to pry into your private life but you should make a police

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter