/06

Superficial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin's POV

I stared blankly at the blaring television, trying to drown out the thoughts that had been muddling in my head. I looked up at the clock again, noting that it was nearly 2 in the morning. It has been three hours since I left Naeun by herself in that alley and she was still not back yet. The guilt that I felt was slowly eating me up as I stood up and start pacing around the living room. "How can I just left her all beaten up and alone in that alley?!" I pulled at my hair as I pictured her crying face and the blood and bruises that covers it. "You and your ego, Taemin. Stupid! What kind of a man does that make me?" I was blabbing to myself as I sat back down on the sofa and sighed. 

 

Son Naeun. The girl who stood out from all the girls I've met. She is such a unique character. She looks beautiful and demure but her personality was the complete opposite. She was confident, cold, hard headed and brash. She reminded me so much of Mira. I still remembered how she refused to let me order a steak as it was nearly closing time and she wanted to leave work on the dot. I chuckled thinking about how Mira would have said the same thing. Probably that was why I started to notice her. I felt as if Mira had led me to her, a person that is so similar to Mira herself.

 

Mira. I missed her. Ever since we lost her in the car crash three years ago, our lives became quieter and mundane. Mira was the life of the family. Her colourful character and her devil-may-care attitude always keep my parents on their toes and when she left, it was as if she took the colours with her. Our lives became grayscale and we mostly kept to ourselves. It was a pity that I didn't have a decent picture of myself and my younger sister to remind myself of us. So I took one of the many photos that she has in her bedroom and placed it in mine. It was my favourite picture of her, which captures her smile perfectly. 

 

I ran my fingers through my hair as I reached out for my phone. "I'll try and call her." I was about to press dial when I heard the familiar jingle of keys and the turn of the door knob. I walked towards the door and saw Naeun limping her way into the house. "Naeun..." I called out as I tried to reach for her hand and help her in. "Don't!" She moved away from me and looked down, her hair curtaining her face. "Naeun, please." I shifted her hair away from her face and lift it up to look at me. I gasped as I saw the swelling on the side of her face and the dried blood around . "Oh my god, Naeun! That bastard!" I gritted my teeth, trying to control the anger that was threatening to burst out. "I'll go and wash up." Naeun hastily walked towards her room, bringing out her toiletries minutes later.

 

I was mulling over the options of helping Naeun when I heard the bathroom door opened. I watched as Naeun painstakingly made her way back into her room while clutching her stomach. I went to grab the first aid box and knocked on her door. "Can I come in for a moment?" The door creaked open and she was by the bed, packing her belongings into her gym bag. "Where are you going?" My heart sanked, and my mind refused to believe w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter