Author's Note

The Forsaken #3

The last triple update. Go read the epilogue 1 and 2.

 

                  Yes, this author-nim is the cruel one. You could say I’m heartless. I mean, how could I just end it so abruptly, with the death of the Lord, and possibly the girl?

 

                  Let me just tell you. I have grown to love both of my flawed main characters. I thought my favorite pair would always be Kyungsoo/Ara. But no, Lord Chanyeol and this girl beat them all. I love them. Sora is not perfect. She is cruel. She is bloodthirsty. She is a fighter. Sometimes she is thoughtless. She is selfish. In the beginning, I never planned for her to be so real for me; it was as if she was a figment of myself.

 

                  Sora is never perfect. In fact, she is far from it. She is in constant denial with herself. She contradicts everything in her mind with what she does. She rejects the Lord’s advance until she couldn’t back away anymore. Despite all the imperfections, I still love her. Because she fights for those she considers family. She never neglects them. She takes care of Baekhyun even after their romance falls out. She tells him honestly that they would never work out together. Even if this shatters Baekhyun’s heart. I think it is better to reject someone upfront rather than tallying it on like Ara. She is not clueless like Hana. She is smart. But she is also cold.

 

                  Lord Chanyeol. He is the yang to Sora’s yin. He is straightforward. He directly tells her that he likes her. He is often demanding and overprotective. But I love him. I love the fact that he has accepted since long ago that Joo Ri had died and he should move on, too. He learns and he grows as a person. Both him and Sora have come a long way since the beginning, whether or not you realize it.

 

                  As for Baekhyun… No. He would never be the lover. He is fated to be her soul mate, and you know what they said: soul mate doesn’t have to be your lover. He is one who loves endlessly, patiently, unyieldingly. He is full of devotion and passion. But I am sorry. Baekhyun is not the man Sora is looking for.

 

Frankly, I have planned it since the beginning that this pair is the only pair in my Shadow universe that will never ever get a happy ending. I have considered so many options as to how I should end this with an even sadder note. She is pregnant. What will happen to the child?

                 

The child is innocent. I can’t bear to write anything about the child. So I will leave it up for your imagination in the last epilogue.

                 

I had wanted to write an ending for Ara and Kyungsoo, but as you can guess, Ara chose him over Taeyong, though their love affair will never be made public years after that. Even in his reign, Kyungsoo never takes a wife. He continues this secret affair with Ara until he is ready to retire and goes somewhere else with his beloved.

                 

I feel sad to be separated from this story that I have grown attached to. But every beginning will have an ending. And on this note, I bid my goodbye to you. Thank you so much for reading. This journey wouldn’t be worth it without your support. See you in another story!

 

 

THE END