Epilogue I - Her

The Forsaken #3

THE LAST TRIPLE UPDATE, STARTING FROM EPILOGUE 1

 

PLAYLIST FOR THIS CHAPTER - CLICK HERE

 

                  “Stop!”

 

                  Ara had come back to her senses. She looked at the couple in front of her. The Lord had finally died. His body turned to white ashes and flew out from the grasp. It was such a beautiful scene; tragic but beautiful. Sora, the girl Ara was fighting with suddenly went limp. Her eyes turned empty, though tears still fell out from them, falling freely like small streams on her fair skin.

 

                  “Don’t kill her! Capture her!” Ara commanded. The Winter King shot her an icy look.

 

                  “Ara! She is a threat!” Taeyong warned, and even Kris nodded in agreement. She shot them a glare and stood up. Her white dress flew around her as she moved forward. They had captured her. Finally. The dark chapter was coming to an end. After a long, endless battle that lasted for a few months, the Demon clan was no more.

 

                  “My Lady, she is not breathing,” One of her subordinates, Naeun pulled up the limp girl and checked on her pulse. “But she is still alive. I don’t know what happened.”

 

                  Ara knew.

 

                  “Bring her to my palace and we will deal with her in time.”

 

                  “Lady Ara!” Even Lord Jaejoong voiced out his protest. Hana was quivering in Sehun’s embrace, looking at Sora as if she remembered something. Sehun shielded the frightened girl with his tall built, and shook his head at Jaejoong.

 

                  “My Kings,” Ara bowed down in front of the Faery Kings. When both of them stood side by side in their fighting gears, they looked lethal and magnificent. The Summer King Yunho was more nonchalant about this matter than the Winter King Leeteuk. What was done had been done. What should be done would be done.

 

                  “King Leeteuk, let her deal with this. We should not bother,” King Yunho spoke coldly, and threw Ara one last glance before he disappeared into thin air. Suho, the Summer Prince shared a knowing look at his guard, Jaebum, but did not follow his father home. He stayed back to watch the end of this play.

 

                  Prince Kyungsoo sat on the ground. He was still recovering from the horrendous wounds. He healed fast. He slowly spoke to his father, emphasizing his tone to be firm and emotionless, just like his father liked him to be, “Father, Lady Ara knows what she is doing. Let her do what she thinks is the best. I am sure she knows that this girl should not be sparred.”

 

                  King Leeteuk gave both Kyungsoo and Ara icy stare and disappeared as well. Lord Jaejoong folded his hands in front of his chest and shook his head, clearly unsatisfied with how the things turned out. However, considering the long-standing agreement between the two of them, he would let the matter pass this time. He went to the vampire army he brought and issued another order for them.

 

                  Hana held onto Sehun’s hand, and glanced at the girl on Naeun’s hands. Sora was no longer the proud woman she once was. Hana pitifully sighed and said, “It’s okay, Hun. Let’s just go back. I don’t want to see this anymore.”

 

                  The crowd soon dispersed as they went their separate ways. Ara waited for everyone to leave. She sat on the grass and stared at the distance, remembering the last word Hayoung told her before she died. She had her revenge, but why did she feel so empty inside?

 

                  “It’s the end,” Kyungsoo sneakily held her hand under the white robe that turned red from the bloodstains. Ara didn’t reject him and tried to sit up straighter, closer to where her injured man was. Taeyong had left to send an official report to the Queens of the Faery clan. Only Naeun stayed behind.

 

                  She respectfully bowed to the Prince and leaned in closer to whisper something at Ara. Ara turned ghastly pale, but she nodded and told her to go home. Now that only the two of them were left in the bloody field, Kyungsoo finally relaxed and laid on the ground, mentally and physically exhausted after the long fight.

 

                  “What’s wrong, Ara? Why didn’t you kill her immediately? She resembles a dead corpse. Even if you bring her home to torture, it would be completely useless.”

 

                  Ara snickered and went to Sora, checking her pulse once again until she was completely sure. If someone else knew, there would be chaos, be it in the Underworld or the Shadow world. Knowing that she could trust Kyungsoo, she sighed and gave in, “I can’t, Soo. I might be cruel, but I am not heartless.”

 

                  “I wouldn’t call you heartless if you do this to avenge Hayoung. It is only right,” Kyungsoo suddenly sat up and went to her side. Both of them observed the pale complexion of Sora’s, which was getting paler and paler by the second.

 

                  “No, you don’t understand. I want to kill her, too, but not now.”

 

                  “Not now?” Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows together. He didn’t understand why she delayed the process. “Why? You said you didn’t want to torture her, yet you are willing to bring her home as a prisoner. What’s the use of it, then? Wouldn’t she be a liability to you? Or are you trying to absorb some information from her when she wakes up?”

 

                  Ara chuckled and Sora’s hair. She didn’t know it was possible, too. Until now. This girl had just lost her mate. She couldn’t lose another.

 

                  “Soo.”

 

                  “Hm?”

 

 

 

 

                  “She is pregnant.”