The Dinner

The Healing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         Both of them arrived at the restaurant after almost an hour driving. It was a restaurant owned by his family. He asked their help to prepare everything for tonight even booked the whole restaurant just for both of them. Being a gentleman, Jong Kook opened the passenger’s door for Ji Hyo and held her hand to help her out. Both of them were mesmerized by each other. They walked into the restaurant. A waitress came and led them to their table, the one Jong Kook reserved. The waitress took their orders and left them.

“Oppa...”, Ji Hyo started a conversation soon after. She was questioning herself about why in this world her oppa brought her to a dinner, moreover in a one of fine restaurants.
“Ne, Ji Hyo-ya?”, he knew what’s on her mind as for him, she was like an opened book.
“May I know why you brought me here?”, she asked carefully. She felt nervous all of sudden. Will he ask me to be his girlfriend? Ah, andwae. Oppa never asked any girl to be his girlfriend before. Or maybe, he would ask how to confess to another girl? You’re so helpless, Ji Hyo-ya. She bit her bottom lip while cursing herself in her own mind.
“Eh... ehm.. It’s nothing, Ji Hyo-ya”, he was a bit startled. Aigoo, Jong Kook-ah. You’re dead. He bit his own lip in order to calm himself. Why it seemed so hard on me? Come on, you just need to ask a very simple question, “do you wanna be my girlfriend?”. Yah, Pabo Kim Jong Kook! He cursed himself in his mind.
“Well, Ji Hyo-ya. Oppa will go to China by the end of this month for a solo concert.” He tried to change the topic.
“Is that so, Oppa? Congratulation, Oppa. I wish you good luck for the concert. How long you’ll stay, Oppa?”
“Not too long, maybe a day or two. I haven’t decided it yet.”
“Aaah... Good luck then.” She smiled.
“Thank you, Ji Hyo-ya.” He smiled, too.

       Their food already came. Both of them chose Korean Beef Steak with salad to fill their empty stomach. There was silence when they both started to eat until Ji Hyo was about taking a bite to her desert. Some of musicians suddenly came to their table and played a familiar song for them. He stood from his chair and asked her hand. Both of them were standing beside their table now.

We must’ve been together always. When you’re having hard time and you are sad,
even when you’re lonely. Holding onto separation a bit longer,
Even when I’m hurting to wipe away your tears..
There’s a man. Who loves you so much.
There’s a man. Who can’t even say I love you.
By your side I put my hand out and
at a path were you can always reach me
I, who cherishes you more than myself, am with you.
To make you laugh, I think of only that and
When and where ever you are I’m watching you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter