♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Three's a Crowd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyukjae?! Hyukjae?!?!” Henry kept repeating once he had closed the door of Donghae’s room after entering behind Donghae himself. He stared wide eye and gapping mouth at the ease filled Donghae who went to lie on his bed with his leg dangling below, Henry quickly walked toward him and sat on his lap while staring down at him. “The HYUKJAE you were gonna use your ‘Ultimate gay test’ on, right?”

“What’s your problem?” Donghae asked back annoyed as he avoided looking at his friend.

“Answer me Hae! Is he that Hyukjae you were talking about the other day? You did say you were living with him? So is he gay? But he is your sister’s husband!” Henry exclaimed while looking like the whole world was falling apart.

“Woah, woah, woah… back track a little, brother.” Donghae held his hands up to stop his friend from blabbering as he stared at him while being spanned across the bed. “Why are you so interested in that?”

“Because this is wrong… IF your brother-in-law is gay then you should tell your sister pronto. Like let’s go and tell her right now… she NEEDS to know.” Henry tried explaining his point of you but the way he tugged on Donghae’s hand like he would take him to Amber right then and let the cat out of the bag, Donghae’s mind went into panic mode.

“Wait, wait Henry.” Donghae shouted, he can’t possibly tell Amber just yet. He knew Amber would grab that opportunity with both hands and would be quick to leave Hyukjae, which in return would mean that Donghae have to leave as well… and that thought was not exactly comforting. “I am… umm… I am not sure yet, okay? I-I didn’t get to do that test yet.”

“What? But why?” Henry’s face visibly got disappointed, but then a light of recognition was lit on his face. “Of course you can’t just kiss your brother-in-law senseless, now could you?”

Donghae deemed not to answer that inquiry because IF Henry knew what Donghae was capable of doing to his brother-in-law then thing might get messier than usual… but then again it’s not like Amber liked her husband… hell, they couldn’t even be consider husband and wife, Donghae was 100% sure Amber wouldn’t care if anyone was to kiss her husband… or at least he hope she won’t. But Henry need not know that the twins were actually trying to terminate this marriage to begin with.

Henry sat on Donghae’s lap while deep in thoughts until…, “I would do it!”

“Excuse me?” Did Donghae miss something? What would Henry ‘do’?

“I volunteer! I would kiss Hyukjae senseless for that test.” Henry declared looking dead set at the idea but suddenly he found his world upside down. Now Donghae sat on top of him while giving him a menacing glare.

“You keep your lips away from my brother-in-law, get it Mochi?” Donghae growled, making Henry’s eyes to go wider and he hurried to nod as well. Once satisfied, Donghae let him go as he got off of his friend. “I am working on it… just need some more time, okay?”

“Yeah, okay… whatever man; just don’t scare me like that.”

“Sorry,” Donghae apologized but the way he rolled his eyes it was obvious how sincere that apology was, but Henry let that pass. “Come on lets have some lunch before I take you to my parent’s house.”

“So I am not gonna stay here?” Henry asked while pouting slightly.

“Of course not, it’s my brother-in-law’s house. I can’t possibly invite people to live here as I please.” Donghae explained the situation. “I asked you to come here directly so I won’t have to come to airport to get you… but now I wish I had taken you directly to my parent’s house.”

“Hey that’s effing rude.” Henry screamed at the back of his friend, who was already out of the room by the time Henry has completed his sentence, and then the little mochi hurried to follow his friend because his stomach was making scary noises now.

*=-=-=-=-=-=*

 

“So what do you do, Henry-shi?” Hyukjae politely inquired in order to break the tense and awkward silence since… Amber was not comfortable with sitting beside the weird guy who called her his ‘soul mate’ just out of blue, and Henry was continuously observing Hyukjae and hoping to see some arrow pointing at Hyukjae with wide neon words ‘I am gay’ on it and Donghae was tense because he was worried his big mouth friend would blabber something that might cost Donghae big time… thus the environment was really awkward.

“I am a Music student, Mr. Lee.” Henry deemed to reply politely no matter how much he hated the guy for stealing his soul mate even before he got the chance to meet her.

“Hmm, that is nice. And what brought you here, in Korea?” Hyukjae’s investigation continued and even that for some reason irked Donghae. Hadn’t it taken the elder one whole week before he asked Donghae the similar questions?

“Well, actually I am here for two things… one being, Donghae and I need to write the script for a short film our group is making for our thesis, since Hae and I both have eng lit as our minor thus that task fell upon us.” Henry explained while pouting like a child, Hyukjae wanted to coo at the cuteness but restrained himself.

“Ah, yes. Donghae did mention that.” Hyukjae nodded while concentrating on his food even though he was fully aware of the two chocolate orbs digging in him when he mentioned his name.

“But it would be so hard to work on the script what with Donghae being here and I being at his parents’ house.” Henry said while sighing like he was suffering a lot, making Donghae to shift his glare at him.

“Oh, you are not staying here?” Hyukjae questioned with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked over at Henry. “But, since it would be so difficult to work on your thesis that way then you are welcome to stay here if you like.”

“W-what?” Amber choked on her spicy food, the one they had ordered from a nearby food shop. And Donghae could only stare at Hyukjae with incredulous eyes.

“Well, they do need to work on thesis… and it is quite an important work.” Hyukjae explained to Amber in a calm voice. “I think we should let him stay here… Donghae’s room does have double bed and they are already roommates, right?” Hyukjae stole a glance at Donghae’s face and was quick to have his concentration back on his food… the fierceness in those dark orbs kind of scared him.

Amber gapped at the easiness of Hyukjae in letting a strange- a weirdo stranger- to stay with them but it was Hyukjae’s house so he can do whatever he likes.

“Oh thank you Mr. Lee, you are so kind.” Henry was quick to divert Hyukjae’s attention from his wife to himself.

“That’s okay and please don’t be so formal… you can call me Hyukjae.”

“Okay, Hyukjae-”

“HYUNG, call him Hyung!” Donghae growled under his breath making Henry to frown at his weird behavior whereas Hyukjae could only blush slightly.

“Fine, Hyukjae Hyung then.” Henry said while smiling at Hyukjae… he sure was a cool guy if only he wasn’t married to Amber; Henry might even have liked him.

*=-=-=-=-=-=*

 

Henry lay in the bed while staring at the ceiling… as thoughts over thoughts crashed through his mind. Henry was always that sort of guy who like to do things on impulse… one minute he is sitting in his room and next he could be out on the airport or bus station to go somewhere for vacation… people call him crazy but he can’t help his nature, he naturally likes to do things spontaneously, the very reason why his mother always used to say that he will fall in love on the first sight too… spontaneous! He too had always believed that but time had proven him wrong because let alone falling in love at first sight, he had been unsuccessful in attain love altogether… but today he realized his mother was right!

The moment that door has opened and Henry found those beautiful and deep eyes staring at him… or rather his soul, as he has felt… and the slight gap between those soft looking lips as she had stared at him and the sweet melody of her voice as she uttered the first sentence at him… that was the moment Henry acknowledged his mothers words, he indeed fell in love at the first sight. The feeling of floating in clouds with the birds chirping in background with a bright light behind Amber… all these symptoms were there. But of course the cloud suddenly disappeared and he fell hard on the ground when Hyukjae declared himself as Amber’s husband.

Henry sighed loudly and look beside himself to find Donghae sleeping peacefully, like a baby. Knowing he won’t be getting any sleep at all he quietly slipped out of the bed and went out in search for something to eat, since all that effort for falling asleep made him hungry.

Henry entered the living room and saw a silhouette with a ball tucked under their arm sneaking out of the house’s front door.

“Hey! Who are you?” Henry demanded as he walked neared at the slumped figure, which was just about to open the door. The figure jumped in surprise and quickly spun around… the barely available light shone on the features of that person. “Amber? Where are you going?”

“I was just heading to the basketball court down stairs… you know to play the game.” Amber whispered back her reply; Henry figured she didn’t want to wake the rest of the resident of the house.

“At this hour?” Henry inquired and one look at the clock showed that it was a little more than 6 in the morning.

“Yeah I usually play at this time… what about you? What are you doing up so early in the morning?” Amber asked with her brow raised in suspicion.

“Jet Lag,” Henry simply answered, making Amber to nod in understanding. “So, you are playing all alone?”

“Yeah… I always play alone.” Amber mumbled looking down at the ball in her hand.

“Mind if I join you?” Henry asked as he neared the girl some more.

Amber’s head snapped up to meet Henry’s eyes. “You know how to play basketball?”

“Know?” Henry scoffed slightly. “Oh, I have always been playing it from middle school, I was in my school basketball team too… even now, sometimes I play but of course I am not officially part of our University’s team. I just love basket ball.”

“That’s great… any basketball lover is a friend of mine.” Amber said excitedly. “Come on then… let’s go and play.”

Henry smiled widely before snatching his sneakers and running after the love of his life.

.

.

The sun had came out and was blazing it’s harsh morning rays at the pair still playing basketball… the two players had been having so much fun that they lost the track of time. Henry was a great player that much Amber was able to detect but he was losing at their one-on-one game on purpose… even that was quite obvious.

“She shoots and she SCORES!! Yeah baby!” Amber loudly cheered at herself when she once again shoots the ball and it went straight through the loop. “I am great or what?” Amber asked sassily but then laughed at herself, making Henry to join in as well.

Her laugh is contagious… Henry thought as he walked toward the happily laughing girl, her smile alone could put sun to shame.

“You know…,” Henry’s serious tone made Amber stop and stared at the other expectedly. “I could call you beautiful or pretty but those words would never do you any justice… because you are so much more than that.”

Amber froze with her widen eyes fixed on Henry- who was far too near for comfort- and she felt her heart fluttering wildly, making her gulp in nervousness. She had never liked being called beautiful because that would mean people were admiring her outer beauty… she was the person that believed in the quote ‘Never judge a book by its cover’. She never liked being sort after because of her looks… the very reason she never liked to doll herself up like other girls… she never wanted to be defined because of her face. She had always wanted to meet a person that could see the real her and found her beautiful.

Henry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter