♥♥♥♥♥♥

Three's a Crowd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are such a liar Hae.” Amber sniggered as she came out of the kitchen with a big bowl of popcorns in her hands, she planted her on the comfy couch while Donghae was busy searching for the movies they would be watching for their ‘Movie Marathon’.

“No I am not,” Donghae quickly contradicted his sister. “I just didn’t want Hyukjae to join us or who knows he might end up cuddling with you… so technically you should thank me.”

Amber’s hand froze in the midway when she was about to put a couple of popcorns in . “I didn’t thought like that… woah, Hae seriously thank you.”

“Its okay, it’s okay…,” Donghae waved away her thanks, acting cocky, as he too came to sit beside her, just as the movie started. But Donghae’s mind was anywhere but at the movie… he just couldn’t shake off the weird thoughts circulating his mind, like why he felt grumpy when Hyukjae called Amber pretty? Or why he wanted to strangle Amber when she butts in their conversation at the dinner earlier? And how can Donghae just blurt out his desire to taste the elder’s lips?

Hyukjae is my brother-in-law, I should not be having these kinds of thoughts for him. Donghae scolded himself.

Yeah but he could be potentially gay… A small voice from the back of his mind reminded him.

That doesn’t change the fact that he is still Amber’s husband. Donghae argued back.

That also doesn’t change the fact that Amber couldn’t care less even if you kiss Hyukjae. The voice was persistent, Donghae noted. And the voice was saying the truth… it’s not like Amber would care, right?

“Umm… hey, Llama?” Donghae called out after a couple of minute of internal fight, he made up his mind.

“Hmm?” Amber had her eyes glued to the movie the twins were watching.

“What do you think about Hyukjae?”

*=-=-=-=-=-=*

 

“No Siwon, I am not giving you Kyu’s email ID or his address.” Hyukjae whispered in his mobile phone while sitting on the toilet seat, making sure his voice won’t drift outside.

“See, I knew you would go back on your words.” Siwon accused the elder.

“I am not going back on my words,” Hyukjae assured the manager. “Technically you didn’t earn those pieces of information since your plan didn’t worked… you said that once Donghae and Hyoyeon would leave for their own date I could have all of Amber’s attention and might eventually end up consummating our marriage and THAT didn’t happened and I clearly told you I would give you Kyuhyun’s address IF your plan worked.” Hyukjae was patient in providing his explanation. “And of course Kyuhyun would kill me if I gave his address… as a matter of fact he is actually sitting in my living room, waiting to strangle me as soon as I get out of my room, as we speak!”

“Kyuhyun is at your house right now? It’s midnight already.”

“Yeah, Donghae planned a movie night and apparently he invited Kyuhyun… I think.” Hyukjae mumbled his last words as he rubbed his forehead slightly, like he was having a headache.

“Oooh… so that’s why my babykyu was not replying to my messages,” Siwon chuckled at his own revelation and Hyukjae made huge effort in not pointing out the actually reason why Kyuhyun wouldn’t wanna reply to Siwon’s messages. “If my baby is having a fun night then I guess I should stop texting him for now.”

“Yes you should!” Hyukjae quickly exclaimed. “And now coming back to my problem… tell me what should I do Siwon… I don’t know whether that little devil is playing with me or not but his words are effecting me in a way that is illegal. He is my wife’s BROTHER, for crying out loud!”

“What wife? You haven’t even sealed the deal.” Siwon scoffed.

“Exactly! That is why I am asking for your help… help me, please.” Hyukjae begged in desperation. In next two days it would be marked as one week since his and Amber’s wedding, and Hyukjae knew his parents would be expecting him and Amber to be all lovey dovey by now and if not… Hyukjae would be the only one who would be blamed for that.

“Actually I have a perfect plan for you BUT it would cost you a lot.” Siwon warned.

“Anything… anything Siwon. Even if I have to take Kyuhyun’s wrath, I will. You want his address right?”

“That too and a little something more…”

*=-=-=-=-=-=-=*

 

Kyuhyun looked at his mobile phone screen and cursed loudly because the damn thing was screaming FIVE HUNDERED messages from a certain Horse. Kyuhyun didn’t bother reading those- he knew they would be as cheesy as the sender- as he deleted all of them. He cursed again but this time it was his so-called best friend that was being cursing to hell and back… Kyuhyun would get back at that little monkey when he was least expecting it. But right now he needed to do something about that greasy horse who had sent yet another message.

Kyuhyun searched his contacts and finding the desired one he stabbed the green button, disregarding the fact that it was nearly midnight. It was after the forth ring that a sleepy voice said, “Hello?”

“Choi MINHO! Get your sleepy out of bed and into your brother’s room and snatch his mobile phone from him right now.” Kyuhyun commanded without beating around the bush.

“W-what?”

“You heard me, boy!” Kyuhyun growled dangerously.

“B-but who are you?”

“Your worst nightmare.”

“Professor Cho?” Minho asked timidly.

“Bingo! Now go and snatch that phone, boy.”

“YES SIR!” Minho roared and Kyuhyun heard the sound of hurried footsteps… content with that, he ended the call.

*=-=-=-=-=-=*

 

“IF Kyuhyun found out then I would be six feet under the ground before I can give you that,” Hyukjae whispered in worry. “But if your idea is good then I will do it.”

“Oh don’t worry my idea is gold… but this time I demand for advance payment.” Siwon warned.

“But what if your plan didn’t work?”

“Not my headache… now it’s up to you Mr. CEO, whether you take it or leave it.”

“Fine… So what is the plan?” Hyukjae pressed so the other would hurry up.

“You see…,” Siwon paused and Hyukjae, who had his ear pressed on the phone real hard, faintly heard a door slamming shut and then Siwon’s muffled shouts. “Minho?... What the hell?... hey, give that back… are you sleep walking?” And then suddenly the call disconnected. Leaving Hyukjae hanging…

*=-=-=-=-=-=*

 

“What do you mean, Hae?” Amber turned to look at her twin with her brows furrowed in confusion. “What am I suppose to think about Hyukjae?”

Donghae rolled his eyes and huffed loudly before turning around to face Amber. “Hyukjae is your husband, you have been living with him for nearly a week now… so what do you think about him?”

Amber just tilted her head and kept looking confuse.

Donghae heave a long suffering sigh before saying. “What I mean to say is… Hyukjae- your husband- well, he seems like a nice guy so I just thought… that maybe- just maybe- you have started to look at him differently. Like… you know…,” Donghae struggled with his words with his heart racing fast. “That maybe you have started to like him…”

“What?” Amber asked bewilder. “Why would I start looking at him differently?”

“Well, he is really considerate and patient… and overall a really caring guy. So I just thought maybe you have started to have a change of heart.” Donghae mumbled and waited with breath held to hear what his sister has to say.

“Where is this coming from?” Amber asked suspiciously.

“I don’t know… today I get to talk to him and I realized that he is quite a decent guy.” Donghae replied while shrugging nonchalantly.

“I know he is a decent guy and caring too… I mean I am not blind.” Amber chewed on her bottom lip as she searched for next words. “But he is not the one for me.”

Donghae felt like a huge weight was lifted from his heart. “So you are saying… you want to get divorce no matter what, right?”

“Yeah… Hyukjae deserves a better wife.”

Or a better husband, depending on what is the result of ‘Ultimate gay test’. Donghae thought. “So… hypothetically speaking… you wouldn’t care IF Hyukjae cheated on you right?”

“What?” Amber asked back baffled.

“Wait let me rephrase that… let us suppose that there is this person who get’s Hyukjae really, really drunk then has hi- I mean her ways with him. Then how would that make you feel?”

“LEE DONGHAE! Don’t you dare play this kind of prank on him, okay?” Amber went livid at the very thought of it. “You better not be planning on getting a to make Hyukjae cheat on me so that I can demand for a divorce for him!”

Donghae froze as he stared at the furious looking Amber with wide eyes, “I was not thinking about that but Amber! You are a genius… if we do that then it would be your sure ticket out of this wedding.”

“No Hae… I won’t accuse Hyukjae of adultery just to get out of this marriage. Like you said, Hyukjae is a nice guy so accusing him like that would be wrong.”

“But it would be affective…,” Donghae argued back with a stubborn pout around his lips.

“Donghae!” Amber growled in warning.

“Aish, fine! I won’t.” Donghae surrender quickly and mumbled grumpily. “Now back to that ‘Ultimate gay test’.”

“What did you say?” Amber asked while leaning toward him.

“Nothing!” Donghae growled and snapped at his sister. “Let me watch the movie now.”

*=-=-=-=-=-=*

 

The feeling was surreal, it was the weirdest thing Donghae has ever felt… well it was the first time someone was daring enough to not only taste but EAT something created by Donghae’s cursed hands- something his roommate likes to say- and not let a single flinch to get on the surface of his flawless face. Donghae tried… he honestly did… he tried his best to make not so bad breakfast today but it was just Donghae’s bad luck that whichever food he touches, it spoils and whatever gadget he touches it broke. Even if Hyukjae was eating his creation like it was the most delicious food ever but Donghae knew better since he had tasted the food… and by some miracle he had stopped himself from throwing up.

But Donghae couldn’t help the warmth spreading through him as he watch his handmade food being devour… he knew Hyukjae was doing that just to please Amber, even then a small part of him felt content… happy.

“Umm… Hae? Can I talk to you?” A sudden voice jolted up Donghae and he realized with utter embarrassment that he had been staring at his brother-in-law for quite some time now. Hyukjae, who had been concentrating on the newspaper as he spoon down his breakfast snapped to look at the kitchen doorway, making Donghae to do the same.

“Huh… w-what?” Donghae asked, looking slightly dazed.

“I said can I have a word with you?” Amber frowned at her twin and gestured toward the back, clearly asking the younger to have a private chat with her.

“Okay,” Donghae quickly got up and followed her to his bedroom. “What is it?”

“Coach Kim just called…,” Amber started looking quite troubled.

“What does that have to do with me?”

“I need your help.”

“Okay, I am listening… what is it?”

“Technically, our official basketball training was supposed to start from this Monday BUT something has come up and Coach Kim won’t be available on Monday and Tuesday so he had shifted the practice to today.” Amber tried explaining as slowly as she could but the confuse look on Donghae’s face just kept growing.

“So?”

“Well, since today is weekend and Hyukjae would be home… so…,” Amber’s words trailed away as she gave a meaningful look to her younger twin.

“So what?”

“Donghae! I NEED to be at basketball practice since Coach Kim doesn’t let us off that easily if we skip… and I can’t possibly tell that to Hyukjae. So please help me!” Amber tried to do that pout thing and make her eyes look like a kicked puppy- something Donghae was expert at- but that trick didn’t worked on Donghae himself.

“What am I suppose to do?” Donghae mockingly asked.

“Please Donghae do something… anything… can’t you take Hyukjae out or something?” Amber was desperate to have her path clear.

“Llama, you can’t possib- okay wait.” This was perfect time to run that test on Hyukjae. Donghae thought. “Fine, I will do it.”

“Really? But how are you gonna take him out?”

“Grocery shopping.” Donghae replied simply as a plan started forming in his mind.

“But that way he would insist I go along too… I mean its grocery shopping, that’s what married couples do, right?” Amber was quick to find a flaw in the plan.

“Well you can’t go when you are having your period’s cramp, now can you?” Donghae asked with a teasing smirk decorating his handsome face.

Suddenly, Amber’s face mirrored the smirk.

*=-=-=-=-=-=-=*

 

“Hyungnim,” Donghae called out as he again came back to the kitchen where Hyukjae was greatly immersed in the newspaper i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter