♥♥♥♥♥

Three's a Crowd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dawn was drawing near; still Donghae lay on his bed with his feet rested on side table, his head on one end corner of bed, his pillow on the floor and his eyes wide opened like an owl, with just one thought going in his head. IS HE GAY OR NOT??

Donghae knew friends sometime goes over the board to tease you and giving ual gifts was pretty hilarious… but who in their right mind would give such an expensive toy?? Donghae would know that thing cost a lot because he himself had given it to one of his ‘love’ interest Suho… or maybe it was Kyungsoo… Nah! It was definitely Suho, that freakishly rich mama boy was most difficult to be wooed. But the point was, Donghae had bought that and had to cut off from his allowance for two months… good thing his parents sent him more than necessary money or else he would still be living like a beggar.

But Hyukjae can’t be gay!! He is married to Amber! The voice in Donghae’s head tried to argue once again.

“Yeah… he is married to Amber…,” Donghae whispered. But then again, Donghae had a knack of being gravitated toward gays and the moment he had collided with Hyukjae he had some idea who he was dealing with.

But IF he is gay then why would he agree to marry Amber?? The voiced argued back.

“Okay, wait! Why does this voice sounds like Henry’s?” Donghae wondered out loud as he realized the voice in head sounds just like his childlike roommate Henry. “God!! I am going crazy!”

Just then the silence of the room was broken by the loud ringtone of Donghae’s mobile phone, jolting up the said boy from his inner conflicting thoughts. Groaning slightly in annoyance and cursing the person that was calling him at 5 in the morning, Donghae dragged himself toward his mobile phone- that somehow had ended up under his bed- and groaned even louder as he looked at the caller id and mumbled. “Talk about devil…”

“Hey Mochi! What’s up?” Donghae muttered in the speaker with as less enthusiasm as he could.

“Oh hi Hae! I hope I didn’t wake you up… I forgot about the time difference before calling.” Henry being Henry was cheerful like always and happily laugh at his mistake, a sentiment Donghae was not willing to share.

“You didn’t practically wake me up but it’s not even dawn here yet.” Donghae was feeling grumpier and grumpier as seconds passed, something Henry seemed not to care about.

“Good to know you were awake… so when are you coming back?” Henry cut to the chase.

“After a month. Why?”

“No way dude! I knew you would have forgotten.”

“Huh?”

“We have to do our thesis, remember?”

“Of course I remember that… so what? I am only gonna be acting in the short film we are making, we haven’t even gotten the script yet.”

“Yes the script we were supposed to write.”

“Don’t you mean YOU were supposed to write?”

“Hey, don’t you dare put it on me… we both are taking eng lit as minor, we both promised to work on the script together.”

Donghae groaned loudly, “The moment I saw your caller id I knew nothing good was coming my way.”

“Hey don’t act martyred here… if anything, I am the one to be pitied since Zhoumi had been eating my head off because you left without telling the whole group and now everybody-”

Donghae suddenly jolted up and sat upright on the bed and cut off Henry’s angry speech with a shout of “Zhoumi is gay!!”

“What? Yeah I know that!” Donghae was 100% sure Henry would have rolled his eyes at him.

“But you didn’t believe me until I proved Zhoumi was gay by ‘The Ultimate Gay Test’.” Donghae reminded his friend excitedly.

“Ahh… yeah I am aware of that as well… umm… Donghae are you alright?”

“That is it! I need to do ‘The Ultimate Gay Test’ with Hyukjae.” Donghae mostly mumbled out to himself.

“Hyukjae? Hyukjae, who? Oh God! Donghae don’t tell me you are playing around there as well… which reminded me Minhyuk came by looking for you.”

Donghae’s giddy bubble was burst as Henry changed the direction of their conversation. “Minhyuk. Who?”

“You know that nerd like guy you hooked up with last month and when you came to know he was from our university you were avoiding him like a pest.”

“Oh, I didn’t know his name was Minhyuk.”

“Well, of course you didn’t,” Henry snorted. “And neither did I until he told me his name when he came to our dorm looking for you. He said he gave you his number but you never called back.”

“Oh no,” Donghae groaned. “Just tell him I died.”

“I knew you would say that so I already told him that but I am not sure he bought it.”

“Of course he didn’t… he is a nerd for a reason… everyone is not as gullible as Hyukjae.”

“Now that Hyukjae again! Who is he? And what do you plan to do with him, Hae?”

“Oh Mochi, IF I told you what I plan to do with Hyukjae then your innocence would be tainted for the rest of your life.” Donghae spoke somberly but the crackled up as he felt Henry shudder on the other side of line.

“Yeah you are right, I would rather not know… anyways, I wanted to tell you I might be coming to Korea next week.”

“Really? Why?”

“My parents want me to move back to Asia after my studies complete and since I can’t see any future for myself in Hong Kong so I am planning on auditioning for an entertainment company in Korea named SME… they usually hold their auditions in USA too but this year they are not so I am going to Korea for audition.”

“Oh, that is great Mochi! But where would you stay when you come here?”

“I don’t know… a cheap hotel maybe or sauna, I heard you can spend a night in sauna in Korea and that’s quite cheap, is that true?”

“Ahh…,” Donghae bit his lip in guilt, he knew his roommate was not exactly as rich as him and being in a country where he practically knew no body would be difficult for him. “Yeah it is true… look Henry, I don’t want to raise your hope for no reason but I can talk to my parents and maybe they would let you stay… I am sure they won’t mind but I have to ask first.”

“Donghae, don’t worry… even if they don’t agree its okay.”

“No I am sure they would agree… I will talk to them but remember to call me once you get here.”

“Thanks man! I appreciate that… once together we can also work on that script too, right?”

“That I am not sure about since I am not exactly living with my parents.”

“Huh? Where are you then?”

“That is a looong story…,”

“Well, I am guessing you are with that Hyukjae of yours.”

Donghae laughed at his friend’s subtle indication, “I am but not the way you are imagining.”

“Yeah right!” Henry scoffed disbelievingly.

“Whatever man! Talk to you later.”

“Yeah… later then… bye.”

Donghae too bid goodbye to his friend and turned to look at the clock which showed 05:56 am now. Donghae was surprised that he talked that long without realizing. Knowing he won’t be getting any sleep even if he tried he jump out of the bed and made his way to the living room, where he was surprised to find a dark mold curled up on the couch. If it wasn’t for the blonde hairs sticking out from under the blanket Donghae would have thought that Hyukjae was sleeping there. Curious to know why his sister was sleeping on the uncomfortable couch Donghae walked near and slightly shook Amber’s firm forearm.

The dark shape stirred and big wide eyes fluttered opened to be locked with Donghae’s curious ones. With confusion written on Amber’s face she straightened up on the couch and moaned as her joints cracked up.

“What…,” Amber yawned loudly before carrying on. “What time is it?”

“It’s 6 in the morning.” Donghae whispered in reply.

“Oh, thanks for waking me up… I need to practice for basketball.” Amber yawned once again as she stood up and stretched her sour muscles. “My back is killing me!”

“Mind telling me why you were sleeping on the couch?” Donghae asked in curiosity.

“Well what did you expected? You locked yourself in your bedroom… I couldn’t possibly go in that room with only Hyukjae and me being there.”

Donghae sniggered softly, “Amber, with the make-up from last night… Hyukjae had to be blind to be attracted to you.”

A cushion landed on Donghae’s face with perfect precision making Donghae to laugh some more.

“What’s with the black bags under your eyes? Couldn’t sleep last night?” Amber asked instead of scolding the younger twin since she knew that would be useless.

“Hmm…,”

“What just happened last night? I am still confused.” Amber started the one topic Donghae desperately wanted to avoid.

“Nothing happened.” Donghae sighed out as he turned to head back to his bedroom. “I am gonna hit shower now.”

“Oh come on Donghae! I know it’s not ‘nothing’. Be honest with me, what happened?” Amber insisted to be given a valid answer.

Donghae turned to lock eyes with Amber before uttering, “Just go and play your game llama and make sure to be back before your husband gets up because you would be preparing his breakfast today.”

“What? But why?” Amber asked back bewilder.

“Because…,” Donghae muttered as he again turned toward his room with no intention of carrying on his words.

“You know even on my worst day I would create better breakfast than you.” Amber reminded him in desperation.

Donghae shrugged, “Don’t care.” He really didn’t, he just wanted to distract his sister… which seemed to work.

Amber huffed loudly as the door closed behind Donghae… she was angry and confuse, and that was never a good combination for her.

*=-=-=-=-=-=-=*

 

Donghae could feel the small glares and soft curses Amber, who was working in kitchen, was throwing his way as he sat in front of TV, enjoying his morning while sipping chocolate flavored milk… and that amused him to no extent.

“AMBER!” A distant shout made both the twins to jolt up. Donghae turned around to see a bare feet and still clad in his sleeping wear Hyukjae coming out of hallway… he found his eyes locking with cute and puffy eyes of the guy that obviously had just woken up. The second Hyukjae recognized Donghae, his eyes widen and he was quick to look away but Donghae was too fascinated with the pink blush on elder’s cheeks that he kept staring. Maybe the elder was still embarrassed about last night- Donghae concluded- since he was looking anywhere but at Donghae. “A-a-amber!”

At Hyukjae’s second call Amber came running out of the kitchen with alarm expression on younger’s face… since she had no idea of what happened the night before so she was scared when Hyukjae called for her like that. “Y-yes?”

“Where are my shirts? There isn’t a single left in the cupboard.” Hyukjae inquired in somewhat control voiced and made huge effort to look straight in Amber’s eyes.

“Oh… OH… I am sorry, I did laundry yesterday but I totally forgot about it. Your shirts must still be in the dryer.” Amber breathes out while palming her forehead.

“But they were all clean.” Hyukjae pointed out as he frowned at the unexpected answer.

“Oh that…,” Amber froze as she tried to rack her brain to find some excuse to cover the obvious blunder.

Donghae who had been watching the interaction knew he needs to jump in to save his stupid sister, again!

“Of course they weren’t clean… Amber opened you cupboard yesterday and it was really dusty and so were your shirts, right Amber?” Donghae provided with the needed explanation- which even he knew sounded insane- but he frowned once he saw how Hyukjae didn’t even turned to look at him when he was talking… being embarrassed is one thing but ignoring the person that was talking… that was plain rude. And didn’t the elder say that THAT toy was meant as a joke? Then why was he acting like a thief caught in the act of theft?

“Y-yeah… absolutely r-right.” Amber quickly nodded, relieved that Donghae saved her.

“Oh!” Hyukjae exclaimed softly. “Okay, I will get them then.”

Donghae kept his eyes on the back of Hyukjae, who left for laundry room, as he got up and walked to the petrified looking Amber but before he could say anything to his sister…

“WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!”

Both twins look at each other with wide eyes as they remembered the prank they planned to play on the older among them, then fighting off the smiles from their faces they hurried to the laundry room, both falling in their respective roles.

“What happened?” Amber inquired as soon as she entered the room.

“M-my… m-my s-shirts…,” Hyukjae who stood with his back toward them mumbled with great effort. “M-my s-shirts has t-turned p-p-pink?”

“What? How?” Amber asked in an incredulous tone while elbowing the silently laughing Donghae, who quickly controlled his expression, as Hyukjae turned to face them.

“I-it’s p-pink…,” Hyukjae held up a couple of his shirts to show them to Amber.

Suddenly Amber face palmed herself really hard, “OMG!! I put my red blouse with them as well; I didn’t know it would turn white into pink… I thought that this only happened in cartoons.”

Hyukjae slowly blinked at Amber… totally speechless.

“Sorry,” Amber gave a small guilty smile.

“It’s okay Hyungnim, you usually wear three piece suit so this shirt would hardly be showing.” Donghae tried to show Hyukjae the positive side and the daze elder only nodded slowly as he turned to the iron stand on other side of laundry room. “Wait Hyungnim, let Amber do it… you should go get shower or else you would be late… Amber would iron your shirt, right Amber?”

“Yeah of course.” Amber quick moved forward and snatched the shirt from the protesting elder’s hand. “Just go and shower.”

Hyukjae stood there for a few seconds before heaving a sigh and leaving the room. Donghae looked at the daze guy wondering what exactly this black and white combo meant to the elder.

Donghae rolled his eyes at Amber who was ironing the shirt with utmost caution, once she was done with half the shirt, Donghae moved forward and snatched the iron from her hand.

“Donghae!” Amber protested but Donghae just put the iron on front of the shirt and hauled the puzzled girl out of the laundry room and into the TV area… he changed the channel to a channel showing some movie and forced her to sit there. “Donghae, the shirt would burn.”

“I am aware of that.” Donghae replied to her calmly and then turned to smirk at the worried looking Amber. “And that’s exactly what we want.”

“Ooooh…,” Amber nodded, understanding the next plan to piss off Hyukjae.

“Just act surprise once he comes asking about the shirt…,” Donghae hissed from the corner of his mouth.

“Okay…,” Amber gave him a thumb up to show him she got it.

Both the twin sat with their breath held up as they waited for the unfortunate guy to come demanding for his shirt… those 15 minutes were pure torture for Amber. But the dreaded moment finally descended upon them and Donghae found himself getting distracted because of elder boy’s bare and firm chest.

“Umm… Amber, is my shirt done?” Hyukjae asked softly.

“Oh My God! I am sorry I totally forgot about it.” Amber screamed as she ran toward the laundry room with Hyukjae and Donghae right on her heel. The two guys froze in the doorway as they found themselves looking straight in Amber’s wide eyes which were easily visible through the big hole in the middle of the shirt. “I-I am s-sorry,” Amber mumbled out as she gulped loudly. “I-I would i-iron another s-shirt for you.”

“No,” Hyukjae’s firm voice made the twins to snap their faces toward the said guy… with his jaws clutch, Hyukjae moved to get another shirt from the basket before saying in a commanding voice. “LEAVE!”

Amber and Donghae need not be told twice as they ran out of the room.

“Oh Hae, I think we seriously made him angry.” Amber whispered, looking scared.

“Well, that was what we were aiming for dummy!” Donghae flickered the elder twin’s forehead, making her to pout. “Him being angry would assure the desired divorce, right?”

“Yeah…,” Amber started nodding but stopped once she saw Hyukjae coming out of the laundry room while flinging the ironed shirt to cover his bare chest, then hauling the suit jacket from the back of the couch he started moving toward the main door.

“Hyukjae… won’t you eat breakfast?” Amber quickly called out.

Hyukjae stop in his tracks but without turning around he muttered in an expressional less tone. “No, I would eat something in the company.” Then without waiting for any kind of reply he left.

Donghae whistled at the dramatic departure of elder. “Llama, I think we are about to achieve our goal.”

“Wow… this morning was such a whirlpool… you really think Hyukjae would divorce me now?” Amber questioned as she heavily sat down on the dining table.

“I am sure today had been a breaking point for our dear old Hyukjae.” Donghae confidently reply as he came to sat beside Amber and slide the breakfast- which was meant for Hyukjae- toward himself. “Hmm… it’s a good thing Hyukjae didn’t ate breakfast today because this is really good.” Donghae said after a bite from the sandwich Amber had made a little while ago.

“You are kidding right! I added nutel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter