♥♥Henber♥♥

Three's a Crowd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi guys!! So I had the last chapter ready and everything but then I realized that the story was so focused on bringing HaeHyuk together that Henber was kind of shoved to the back so here is a little gift for Henber shippers... hope you guys enjoy :):):)

 

 

 

Henry smiled softly as he leaned against the kitchen counter right beside the stove as he looked at Amber humming lightly while making breakfast for her own self… Henry, too, was having his breakfast but opted to stand beside the working lady rather than the dining table so he can enjoy this moment to the fullest.

“Umm… you are a divine cook. I wanna kiss your hands for making this delicious breakfast.” Henry out loud praised Amber while stuffing his mouth with the yummiest egg rolls he had the pleasure of stuffing his mouth with, making Amber to blush slightly but she didn’t say anything to acknowledge the praise directed toward her. “But I wonder why Hyukjae would think otherwise… you can almost see the horror in his eyes at the mention of your cooking?” Henry mused while giving a side glance to the said girl.

Henry was curious… but his curiosity only increased a couple of notches as Amber only laugh at his thoughts… just laugh, no reply.

“Aren’t you getting late?” Amber simply asked after a couple of minutes of silence as she carefully flipped the pancake she was making.

“Yeah you are right, I should get going… being early is better than late.” Henry agreed and quickly ate the remaining egg rolls before running to get his things from the room and was vaguely aware of the soft ‘Good Luck!’ that Amber had bid him. He was quick to check if he had everything in his backpack before coming back to the kitchen… his soft steps didn’t manage to make Amber aware of his presence… Henry grinned as he stood just a step away from Amber, who had her back facing him, as he whispered. “Amber?” The said girl quickly turned around and she didn't even manage to be startled at the small distance between them before Henry quickly landed a peck on her soft lips. Amber gasped loudly but didn’t utter a word because of being taken by surprise lip touching. “For good luck!” Henry explained anyway with a wide grin etched on his face… then with a playful wink Henry ran out of there.

Henry lightly touched his lips once he was able to think over what he just did… then a smile again found its way on his lips. One would think that Henry was wrong for trying to hit on a married girl but Henry was not an idiot- like his friend Donghae would like to think- nor was he unobservant type… on the contrary Henry had always been able to get the whole story straightened out with just a couple of hints. No matter how much Donghae try to hide things from him, Henry knew!

True, Donghae had told him he looked at his brother-in-law in romantic way but the with just a teeny tiny bit of focus and Henry knew there was more to this than Donghae let him on… but that was not exactly Henry’s concern because, truth be told, as long as Donghae and Hyukjae grow some balls and confess the truth sooner rather than later then Henry didn’t see any point in making things difficult for them… his one and only concern was to make Amber fall for him because the moment Hyukjae let her go- and he was 100% sure he would- then Henry wanted to be the only light in Amber’s life that would guide her to true love.

But the only problem was that Hyukjae and Donghae were continuously beating around the bush… how he wished he could just shove their faces together in front of Amber so that she can learn the truth. Sighing right now would be useless… dueling over that right now was useless because Henry had an audition to tackle!

 

Henry knew he might look creepy with a World’s biggest and goofiest smile on his face as he walked into the lobby of Hyukjae’s apartment but he just couldn’t help himself… the moment the judges for the audition had stood up to applaud at his violin performance telling him he was just the gem they were looking for… since Henry had slightly mentioned he could sing, dance, speak six languages, play quite a number of musical instruments then last but definitely not the least that he was a song composer… well it’s safe to say that Judges were beyond impressed and when they hinted he would most probably be passing the audition, they surely were not lying.

He had reached an hour prior to the start of audition, then waiting for a couple of hours his turn had arrived and as soon as he was given a green signal he had run back to tell his good news to Amber so he could demand for a congratulatory hug… or a kiss if he was lucky. But what he hadn’t anticipated was a crying Amber running out of the apartment when he had just entered… one look at Donghae and Hyukjae’s tense postures and grim faces, Henry need not ask anything… so he simply turned around to go to Amber.

His heart broke in million pieces as he sat in the taxi with Amber just beside him… tears were running along her cheeks as she continued to stare out of the rolled down window of the taxi. Henry had found her crying outside the complex building… he had hugged her and let her cry in his chest… that was not the hug he was looking for but life sometime can be cruel. Amber wanted to go home… her home… her parents home… thus Henry had guided her to a vacant taxi. Now his heart was shattered… Amber was crying, and her reason of crying could be only one thing… she had fallen for Hyukjae and the affair of her brother and husband had shattered her… at least this was what Henry could think of. He had been so sure that Amber was not in love with Hyukjae… he had observed thoroughly… he had been sure but now he was having doubts, maybe he had interpreted wrongly, maybe Amber had fallen while being with Hyukjae for two weeks now…

Amber had stormed into her house leaving Henry to be subjected to Mr. and Mrs. Lee’s accusing stares once they reached the desire destination.

“Who are you?” The first questioned was fired his way by Amber’s father.

Henry bowed in respect, making both elder’s to elevate their brows at him, before uttering in a soft yet confident voice. “I am Henry Lau, I am Donghae’s friend and roommate from the University in America… I believe Donghae told you about me?”

“Yes, we were told… you were to come and live with us but later Donghae said Hyukjae asked you to stay in his house.” The older man shared his knowledge with a slight frown touching his eyebrows.

“Indeed, sir.” Calm and respectful… Henry was pretty sure that’s what most parents want their son-in-law to be like.

“But what has happened to Amber?” Now the mother figure inquired as she gave a quick glance to the stairs her daughter had climbed to disappear in her room. “Why is she crying? Where is Hyukjae and Hae? Why are you with her?”

The stream of questions poured out of the elder woman’s mouth, unfazed with what might happened later Henry opted to state the truth… almost the truth.

“I don’t know what happened to her; I found her crying like this… she asked me to take her to her parents so here I am.” Henry gave the best reply that would be as unrevealing as possible.

“And Donghae?”

“I have no idea where he is…” A full-fledged lie leaked out of him and his inner self cringed… he hates to lie but he knew what this situation required. “I was out for my audition. Came back and found Amber in this state and rest I have already told you…”

“Come on in young man.” Mr. Lee shared a glance with his wife and they both finally realized that the guy standing outside their door was not to be blamed for Amber’s tears if anything, Henry had most probably helped their daughter so it was only right to invite him in and show their gratitude.

 

Henry leaned against the wall beside the back door of Lee residence… his heart thumped and jump in joy as he listened to the twin’s conversation… no, no he was not happy at their misfortune… he was happy to learn that Amber’ sole reason of crying was the betrayal she felt from Donghae not telling her about his being gay or falling for Hyukjae, that means she was not crying for Hyukjae yesterday… that thought alone was able to make Henry hopeful yet again. He would make sure to win Amber’s heart and smile now.

But the happy bubble got burst as he listened to Amber’s last words…

“Will you choose me over him?”

A long pause followed… Henry gnawed on his inner cheek as he waited along with Amber… then he heard quick steps coming toward him but before he could react the door beside him was thrown opened but rather than acknowledging Henry’s presence the one who opened the door ran toward the front door and left. Sighing in relief Henry silently made his way to the crying figure still sitting on the porch swing… just like he had left her a few minutes ago.

“Amber why would you do that?” Henry couldn’t help but question as he couldn’t believe that his sweet Amber could be as cruel and selfish as the earlier conversation had made her sound. She snapped her watering eyes to meet with Henry’s sad and disappointed ones.

“He… h-he didn’t say anything…” Amber whispered out rather than replying to Henry’s question… she seemed confused and a little broken internally.

“What else could you expect from him? If he said ‘no’ then that would be a lie… but he loves Hyukjae so much that he couldn’t say ‘yes’.” Henry explained slowly as he came to sit beside the hunched body of the sweet Amber.

“I just wanted to see how much he loves Hyukjae.” Amber defended herself in a whisper.

“Don’t you know…?” Henry was careful in his inquiry but the sudden snap of Amber’s neck to look at him incredulously was the answer enough. “But Amber it had been so obvious… I was with you guys for a little of four days and I could see their love for each other in just two days, you had been with them for two weeks, how come you never noticed?”

Amber stared at him… then she stared some more… and more…

“I didn’t.” Amber’s voice was low, as she admitted, like she was disappointed in herself. “Why didn’t I notice before?” The question was mean for herself rather than the surrounding party.

“Because you are really unobservant.” Henry answered anyway… but his tone was light almost playful, still Amber opted to glare at his cheeky smile and stomping her feet she went back to hide in her room… leaving Henry to sigh in sadness.

 

Donghae had again snuck out and Amber was sulking… and Henry couldn’t take it anymore!

“Where the hell are we going?” Amber demanded as she dug her feet in the ground so Henry won’t be able to drag her to God only knows where.

“Somewhere… I am bored and you are always sulking thus we are going out… now come on.”

Henry managed to make Amber give up and stuttered around the neighborhood together… they roamed the area with no apparent plan until they reached a small ice cream shop that had both eyes sparkle in delight… one with a giant cone with a scoop of strawberry, chocolate and vanilla each and the other with two scoops of chocolate sandwiching a coffee flavor scoop… they both made their way to a nearby park while the sweet treat in their hands.

“Thanks for bringing me out… it is nice here.” Amber whispered as the two slowly stroll on the tracks in the park.

Henry looked at his left as Amber turned to look at him as well with a small smile on her face… Henry stopped and so did Amber… she crocked a brow in confusion but Henry’s eyes were fixed on the small brown cream lacing Amber’s upper lip… it was cliché and he knew that but that was his chance…

“You got something on your upper lip,” Henry declared as he leaned in to softly on the said lip and lightly the area clean… he smile as he drew back while watching a shocked looking Amber standing in front of him.

“Ewww… you swap your saliva on my lip!” Amber exclaimed as she used the back of her jacket sleeve to clean the saliva off of her before continuing her stroll and her ice cream… leaving Henry to face palm himself. That girl sure was oblivious!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter