The Assassin

The Necklace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Darkness, all over the land. The world shall be mine, and I will be ruler of all…”

Out over the hills, in a clearing surrounded by trees, a young man drew his sword, gripping it tightly in his hands. He narrowed his eyes as he focused on his opponent, another man, much older than he, taller as well. His opponent held his sword firmly in his hand, raising it to his eye level. With a wave of his hand, the battle began. At the speed of light, the young man sped towards his opponent, their swords crossing. He grit his teeth, muscles tensing as he tried to pry the other’s sword away. But his opponent was strong. The other flicked his sword upwards, sending the young man stumbling a few steps back. Weapon pointed, his opponent aimed for his belly. The young man acted swiftly. In a flash, he whirled around, dodging the oncoming sword’s edge just as it missed the tail of his coat. Seizing the chance, he leapt into the air, ready to strike down on his opponent. Just before his sword’s tip landed on his offender’s back, the older man spun around, his sword raised in front of his face. The two swords hit against each other with a clash, neither side willing to lose. Sweat trickled down the side of the young man’s face. His knuckles were white, fingers aching. But he was not ready to give up. He was going to win this battle. With his final ounce of energy he plunged his sword under his opponents and, swinging it upwards with all his might, sent the weapon flying into a bush. Back against a tree, the offender was helpless as the victor’s sword pointing at his throat. A triumphant look spread across the young man’s face as he sheaved his sword. The older man smiled.

“You’ve learnt well, Ryeowook,” he praised, placing his hand on the young man shoulder, “You’ll be ready when you face Severin.” A smile tugged at Ryeowook’s lips. He gave his father a firm nod as the king mounted his horse.

“Come on, let’s get back to the castle,” Leeteuk spoke as he rode ahead. Ryeowook turned and made his way over to his white mare, Heechul. Just then, out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of a flash of black amongs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter