The New Kings

The Necklace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“The heroes have returned!” a crowd of cheering villagers greeted Kyuhyun and Ryeowook’s arrival. The people gathered around the duo, mega-watt smiles plastered on their faces as praises filled the air. Some of the villagers even grasped the two men’s hands, bringing their foreheads to their fingers in a gesture of gratitude. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook, though shy at first from all the attention on them, bowed and dipped their heads to everyone, pride filling their hearts from their victorious feat. Just then, amidst the cheering, a long staff appeared among the crowd. Instantly, the villagers shifted, and a pathway was made for the old wizard to pass.

 

“Yunho!” the duo exclaimed harmoniously as the wizard now stood before them. Yunho gave a wide, wrinkled smile, reaching over to hold the two men’s hands in his.

 

“See? I knew you two could do it,” he croaked, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook grinning at his words. Then, he turned and led them through the crowd.

 

“Come, the King and Queen are waiting,” Yunho informed. Ryeowook felt his heart lift as they stepped through the castle gates. How wonderful it felt to be back home. He turned to Kyuhyun, only to find the man staring in awe as he gazed around.

 

“Have you ever been to a castle before?” Ryeowook asked, unable to hide his amusement at the sight of an enchanted Kyuhyun. Snapping out from his daze, the man shook his head.

 

“Apart from Severin’s, no,” he replied, eyes full of wonder. Ryeowook chuckled as they entered the Great Hall. Leeteuk and Sora instantly rose from their thrones at the two men’s presence. With cries of joy they rushed over, arms wrapping around their son. Tears of joy rolled down Sora’s cheeks as she held Ryeowook’s face in her hands.

 

“Oh my sweet little Ryeowook, I’m so glad you’re okay,” the queen cooed, her son’s soft hair, “My dear son has turned into a hero!” Leeteuk smiled, placing his hand on Ryeowook’s shoulder.

 

“You’ve made us both very proud,” the prince was bursting with pride at his father’s words. Then, his fingers twined around Kyuhyun’s.

 

“Thank you, but, I couldn’t have done it without him,” Ryeowook stated, turning his head to his partner. Leeteuk’s gaze moved to Kyuhyun.

 

“So you are my son’s one true soul-mate,” he remarked with a hearty laugh, clasping Kyuhyun’s hands in his, “Thank you for freeing our land with Ryeowook. Say, what is your name?” Kyuhyun smiled.

 

“My name is Kyuhyun, your Highness,” he said with a bow.

 

“You truly are a brave man, Kyuhyun. Might I ask, where are you from?” the man’s heart sank at those words. Sorrow crept onto Kyuhyun’s face.

 

“I…I was from the Cho Tribe, Sir,” he answered, voice trembling a little. Leeteuk’s eyes shot wide at the realization. Before Kyuhyun could say another word, the king had dropped to his knees in front of the man. Kyuhyun’s jaw dropped at the sight of Leeteuk kneeling before him.

 

“Kyuhyun, I am so sorry for the destruction I have brought to your tribe,” Leeteuk’s held Kyuhyun’s hands even tighter, “It is all my fault your tribe is destroyed. I should never have been so foolish. I understand if you have great hatred for me.” Ryeowook and Sora stared wide-eyed at the two men as Kyuhyun opened his mouth to speak.

 

“Your Highness, please don’t kneel to me,” he said, heart aching, “You did what was best for your people, so please don’t feel sorry for that. I forgive you, there is no hatred for you in my heart.”

 

“No, my conscience will not be clear till I have made up for my what I've done,” Leeteuk insisted, “Allow me to fulfil one of your soul wishes to repay you for freeing my people. Please do not deny my offer.” Kyuhyun pursed his lips, growing deep in thought as he gazed at Ryeowook. Then, smiling, he turned back to the king.

 

“You Highness, all I want is to be with Ryeowook for the rest of my life. That is the on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter