The Tunnel

The Necklace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A dark snake slithers swiftly through the gates of the castle, piercing red eyes wide as it bolts straight for the throne room. The Sev dips its head to the demon, sitting upon a throne of skulls.

“My lord,” the Sev hisses, “Two men have been spotted at the old wizard’s house just due North from here. They aren’t from around these areas.” Severin narrows his eyes.

“Anything distinctive about them?” he questions.

“Yes, my lord, they both wear similar crystal necklaces.” The demon’s eyes widen at the Sev’s words, “We fear they are the prophesied ones.” A sly grin spreads across Severin’s face.

“Don’t worry,” his forked tongue his fangs, “I have something special in store for them...”.

 

“Ryeowook,” Yunho called to the prince just as he and Kyuhyun were about to leave, “I need to speak to you.” Puzzled, Ryeowook padded over.

“What is it?”

“It’s about your parents,” Ryeowook’s heart nearly stopped.

“What is it? Are they hurt?” Yunho shook his head.

 

“No, they are alright, but they are being held captive along with the people of your kingdom.” Ryeowook's eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Where are they?”

 

“They are all back in your castle,” the wizard explained, “Severin has put several guards to prevent them from escaping.”

 

“Then I have to go back and save them!” the prince exclaimed.

 

“No,” Yunho stated, his tone strong, “Once you defeat Severin, they will be set free. Just know that they are alright, and focus on bringing the demon down.” Ryeowook opened his mouth to argue. But, seeing that Yunho made sense, he closed it again. Giving Yunho a firm nod, he went back to a curious Kyuhyun who had been watching them the whole time. With that, the duo set off again; off to rid the land of the tyrant demon.

 

“Good luck!” Yunho called out to them just as their heads disappeared through the tall grass.

 

The duo continued their journey across the land. The bright sun shone its merciless rays down on them, the light hot breeze doing little to cool them off. Their legs ached and their feet were sore, but Kyuhyun and Ryeowook pressed on, determined to make it to the castle. Finally, they reached a far stretching forest, the shade from canopy of leaves above their heads giving them ample relief from the scorching sun.

 

"So, what did Yunho tell you just now?" Kyuhyun asked, still curious about the conversation. Ryeowook pursed his lips.

 

"He said my parents and the people of my kingdom are trapped back in my castle," he explained, brushing a fallen leaf from his shoulder, "He said that Severin's defeat will set them free." Kyuhyun nodded as he listened. Catching sight of Ryeowook's troubled look, his arm went instinctively around his shoulder.

 

"Don't worry," Kyuhyun comforted, knowing what was on Ryeowook's mind, "At least they're safe. We'll free them and your people in no time." Ryeowook managed a smile, leaning on Kyuhyun's shoulder. Deeper and deeper they trudged on into the woods, the forest floor getting darker and darker. Kyuhyun came to a stop as he looked up, only to find that Severin’s castle was no longer in sight in the distance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter