SECOND To None

From Pants To Skirts

Second to None

      -Something that is Second to none is excellent or much better than any other. 

*************


Is it really important 
To be the Second to none?

 

Is that always what matters?

 

To not be the Second best,
But to be the Best?

 

Will you still like to 
Be the Best
If you know that
there are other  people
Beside you 
Wanting to be
The best?

 

Instead of being
Second to none,
Wouldn't it better if

 

.


..


...


....


.....

 

You'd be the Only One?

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 

 

[*~Kim Haru~*]

"And last is.....this Pyjama!"I held up my favorite pyjama pair in my hand and stuffed it in my 3rd and last suitbag. "Finally! I'm doooneeee!"I threw my arms up and let myself fall in my bed.

 

The reason why I'm packing my clothes is because I've been notified by Big Hit Entertainment that I'll be joining BTS. I'll be moving into their dorms 3 days from now. I don't really know the real reason why , but they said the popularity of the group will even sky-rocket if I'm added to the group.

 

   They said I have an exceptional talent at singing and fairly good at dancing. But the members are already talented on their own, and I don't why I'm still a great addition to the team.

 

I've only been a trainee at B.H.E. 6 months to date but here I am, already to join BTS, which is already a rising name in Korean Pop Music. Nonetheless, I can't feel any more blessed by this. I feel grateful to BHE for what this opportunity they have given me , but I'm also scared.

 

    The fans may not accept me because they have been used to BTS only having 7 members , and they are more than satisfied by that.

 

Also, the members may be a problem. I don't know what their opinions are regarding this matter. They may or may not accept me. I'm quite scared by this big turn of events since this will be a big part of my life, and I'm not sure if this will turn out for the good or for the worst. But I seriously hope everything will be well.

 

Aish! I have to stop this mental blabbering or else I'll be surely go crazy-wazy here.

 

I got up and looked myself in the mirror. Messy maroonhair, a pair ofblue eyes, pinkish thin lips , and pale skin. My physical appearance is almost really fit for a korean idol except that I'm really short. Ughh, yeah I'm not tall. I'm only 5 feet and 5 inches, and this spells trouble for me. But I hope I made up for my height by my talent and my other physical features ,which aren't really that bad.

 

*Grumble grumble*


Aahhhk !My stomach. Uhhgggg. I didn't realize I was hungry until now. I'm the only one in this flat because I've been an orphan since I was 11 because my parents met a very unfortunate accident. I don't want to go into details but they have not survived , and since then, I was on my own until now that I am 16.

 

I looked at the clock and it's already 11:08am. I quickly went into the shower to ready myself to go outside and have lunch.

 

*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Here's your order , sir. Please enjoy your food."the waitress blurted out as she handed me my mocha-latte and two doughnuts.

 

It was a quiet and peaceful Sunday Afternoon here. The weather is pretty breezy too, just the way I wanted it. As I am about to eat a piece of my chocolate-covered doughnut , I saw a very familiar figure not quite far from where I was sitting. He is wearing a white shirt topped with a dark green sweater, black pants that quite fits his blonde hair and dark shades. I whistled and waved at him to notice me quickly , which thankfully he did.

 

"Key-hyung !!! Key- hyung!!! Over here ! Over here!" The people around me are already looking at me weirdly and then directing their attention to the one I am waving to. Oh my, I totally forgot ! Key- hyung is from SHINee , obviously an idol and wants it to keep low or else his fans might attack him. Ughh *mental facepalm* I'm so stupid.

 

He hurriedly walked towards my direction while looking down with his hoodie covering his hair and his hands at his pockets.

 

You see, Key-hyung has been my bestfriend since childhood and we grew up together. We were always close since we were children and then became like brothers when my parents died. He was one of the people who was there for me in that very dark time. He also accompanied me to our house when I was the only one there after my parent's burial. I will always be grateful for what he has done to me , no matter what.

 

"Hey Haru! Good to see you here! How are you doin'?" he cheerily said as he settled himself at the seat in front of me. He still isn't taking off his shades and his hoodie. Oh well, maybe that is for extra-precaution. You can never know, right?

 

"I'm fine, hyung!" I replied. "You ? How are you doing now?"

 

"Oh, you know , still great , but very tired. We are busy from TV guestings,dance practice and recordings so yeah , we are pretty beat up. I FEEL SO USED HAAARUUU!"Hyung exclaimed with a voice a little louder than what is necessary. He took my fork and munched an untoucheddoughnut which is strawberry-flavored. 

 

"Whiny as always, hyung. I see. " I laughed a little. "But the pay is really worth it , right? Or else you won't be there enduring all the things you're going through."

 

"Of course! It better be! Or else I'll surely leave and go to a different company or something!" He said between his munching of my doughnut.

 

"Wait , Hyung! I have something to tell you!"

 

"Hmm?? What is it? Is it Good News? 'Cause if it is bad then I don't wanna hear it. There's too much negativity in my life and I don't want to accomo-"

 

"I'M NOT A TRAINEE ANYMORE, HYUNG ! BIG HIT ENTERTAINMENT DECIDED TO ADD ME IN AN ALREADY EXISTING GROUP AND THAT IS BTS! HYUUUUNNGGG! I'LL FINALLY BE PART OF KOREAN MUSIC! KEEEYYYYYY HYUUUUUNG!"

 

"UKKRRFFFHHH!" The bits of the doughnuts he is still eating flew over to my face as he choked on it in surprise. "Uuummmmfhhh! Ahhhh!!!" He said as he finally cleared his throat."Really?!! Then that's wonderful news Haru! Congratulationssssss!"

 

"Thank you hyuuuung! Although I would highly appreciate it if you didn't spit on my face. Ewwwww! " I remarked as I removed and help up the food that went flying in my face."But it is still pretty surreal for me, though. Like everything still hasn't sink in."

 

"I know that feeling, 'bruh." He uttered as he is finally done eating.

 

"But wait , what's the name of the group you'll be joining again? BTS?"

 

"Yeah hyung! They're also known as Bangtan Boys."

 

"Oh , I know them. I already watched some of their MVs. They're a talented group."

 

"I know hyung! That's why I'm pretty afraid that I might not match their level..."I said looking down.

 

"That's absurd. You're talented , haru. You have an amazing voice , and not pretty bad at dancing , either. So don't be intimidated by them and just do your stuff."

 

"Thank you, hyung. That lifted up my spirits."

 

"Anytime, Haru, I'm here."he whispered. "Sooooo, let's celebrate that! Let's go to a club or something!"

 

"Hyung, you know I'm not very outgoing and I hate crowded places."

 

"Awwww... But we need to celebrate..... Ohhh I know! Just go to our dorms and celebrate! It'll be fun with those monkeys around! C'mon!!!" He said insistingly with a huge smile plastered across his face.

 

Hmmmm, come to think of it, that idea isn't bad at all. It isn't crowded at their dorms given that they are only 5 persons living there. And I'm already close to Key-hyung's co-members , especially Minho-hyung. Hmmmm......

 

"Okay, hyung! As you say so."

 

"Perfect! I can't wait to tell them this news! They'll be proud of you!"

 

"Hehehe, I wish so, hyung." I replied while scratching the back of my head, feeling a little bit shy."But do you re---"

 

"Haru! I'm gonna go out and buy us some beers and snacks , okay? You just stay here and wait for me." He said in between fixing himself and wearing his shades.

 

"Wait, you mean we're gonna celebrate now? This time of day? Don't you think it will be a good idea that we should celebrate later at night? And hyuuung, you know I'm still underage to be drinking alcohol beverages. "

 

"Oh don't be a killjoy haru! It will be more fun if we celebrated early! And don't worry, Your hyung is here in your first drinking of beer, so don't worry, okay? I'll be taking care of you." Hyung ruffled my hair and already went out fast like lightning, stumbling to a few chairs in the process and hitting some people because of his enthusiasm.

 

Aaaaaahhhhhhffff! Hyung can be a little bit careless sometimes! And that's one of the things I dislike about him.

 

I have a feeling that this day hasn't even started yet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

A/N: Hiya Guys! So I'm sorry that some parts of this chapter are boring. It's because this chapter is an introduction to Kim Haru, the protagonist of the story so mostly I include his past life here.

 

And please for all of my Silent readers there, subscribing and commenting to this story won't take too long, right? So please hit that button and I'll love you more! That's it! Hope you Enjoy reading! \ (^0^)/