SuJu U Are The One

Rules Within The 'Super Dorm' [Hiatus]

 

 

009. Rule #8: Memorize their ages before you decide anything age-wise.

“OH GOSH NO! DÉJÀ VU!” Kyuhyun screamed and hid behind Siwon.

I wasn’t gonna do anything, I just…oh he’s scared of me!

“Cho Kyuhyun…I can’t believe that’s what you call fun.” I glared at him and he shrunk, shivering under the strength of my glare.

I scanned the room. Since Henry is gone…I don’t think anybody else speaks fluent English…

Normally I wouldn’t use language barrier as a weapon, but this is getting fun and I just have a sudden rush of power when it comes to Kyuhyun.

 

“I like food,” I randomly commented, and watched as a cloud of confusion passed over their perfectly sculptured faces. The confident aura that Kyuhyun once embodied evaporated.

“What?!” Leeteuk claimed with searching wide eyes.

“Food is healthy for you, without food we’d all die.” I continued. From the corner of my eye I saw someone smirk, but when I turned around there was only innocent eyes.

“Jae Mi~ you know we can’t speak Engrish!” Eunhyuk complained.

“Yah, someone get Henry out here!” Heechul panicked.

I managed to lower my voice an octave and speak in a huskier voice. “So, what food do you like?”

 

”You know, I do love burgers.”

A perfect, non-accented, clear voice.

 

I jumped in shock a little but quickly recomposed myself.

“You’re ruining my fun,” I pouted, speaking in English so they’ll think I’m saying something significant.

“I won’t ruin it if you let me join,” he said again. By the time I fully rotated around the room, his beautiful melodramatic voice had faded and everyone had a confused poker-face on.

“I give up, show yourself.” I said exasperatedly.

Whomever this is will get it good from me, he’s ruining my jovial mood on Christmas Eve. My tunnel of evil thoughts was disrupted when Key stepped out, looking intently at me, waiting for a futile response.

Everybody else’s comical ethics evaporated as they looked on, appalled, trying to comprehend the situation.

“So… let the fun begin?” he suggested childishly, and all trace of my past violent thoughts disappeared.

“Of course, partner.” I smiled.

 

Together with Key we delivered a long lecture about junk food and fat and calories. I actually was surprised by Key’s English at first. It came out freely and he didn’t seem to make a lot of grammatical mistakes. Also, the facts he told them about oil and sugar made me rethink about the huge- turkey I had for dinner. And the sugar cookies. And the coke. Oh., biscuits…the weight I’m gonna put on.

Then I stopped mourning. There’s nobody to judge me based on my weight, so I can eat out like a pig.

Good days in life are always revolved around eating.

~~~

-Christmas Morning-

 

-Narrator POV-

“Hyukkie! Euunnnhyuuuk! Do you think she’s gonna-”

“Shut up, Hae.” The older one grumbled, shushing his best friend sternly.

“Don’t care. Do you think she’s gonna-” the younger one continued, ignoring the older’s warning.

“Donghae, shut it.” He rolled his eyes.

 

“Who’s gonna what?” Leeteuk asked, as he walked out of the room, his shirt forgotten.

“Hyung! Your abs! You’ve been working out!” Donghae said cheekily, jumping up to faun over the toned abdomen area of the oldest one.

“Donghae!” Leeteuk yelped, attempting to cover himself with his hands and backing up against the wall.

“Your abs are so toned! Wow! Hyung, can I touch them?” Donghae pleaded, his eyes tracing over Leeteuk’s frantic hands.

“What?!” Leeteuk and Eunhyuk bleated in unison.

“Lee Donghae, touch your own!” Leeteuk demanded and walked around the younger one to get to the dining table.

“But it would be so weird~” Donghae protested.

“And it wouldn’t be weird to touch mine?” Leeteuk lifted an eyebrow.

“Here, you can touch mine.” Eunhyuk raised his shirt and sighed. The five year old on the floor immediately jumped up in joy.

“See, Eunhyuk is way nicer than you,” Donghae smirked as his hands swiftly traced Eunhyuk’s chocolate abs.

“Time’s up,” Eunhyuk shouted and quickly dropped his hands, allowing his shirt to fall gently over his abs.

“So what were you guys talking about?” Leeteuk asked.

“We’re waiting for Jae Mi to wake up so we can give her a Christmas present,” Donghae smiled.

“Really? What is it?” a new voice joined in, and as the three raised their heads, Kyuhyun came into view.

“I managed to get her-”

“Tell us too!” the rest of the awoken group rushed in and managed to squish into the dining room chairs in record time.

“I got her-I got us all- tickets for Lotte World.” Eunhyuk grinned, accomplished as he watched everybody’s eyebrows raise.

“And cleared schedules. And well…booked Lotte World”

“You booked it?” Heechul looked disappointed, “Now I can’t show off the beauty I gained over Christmas night!”

“Do you want your beauty to fly off you while you’re on the rollercoaster?” Ryeowook teased and patted Heechul’s shoulder warmly.

“Aish, alright.” Heechul suppressed a groan, “The more fun the possible until all the year end festivals and award shows start piling in.”

The entire kitchen erupted into cheers.

 

-Jae Mi POV-

I woke up with the biggest smile on my face. I just love Christmas.

Although I don’t expect presents from any of them, I can’t wait for them to see the secret presents I bought them from the shopping spree we went on.

I also smiled upon remembering yesterday, one of the most unique Christmas eve’s I’ve ever had. The guys never figured out what Key and I were saying last night and we left it that way. Unless Kibum or Siwon translated…nawh.

 

I rushed into the kitchen and skidded to a stop in front of 14 ultra-hyper men. Yes, Kibum is still here.

“So…uh…what’s up guys?” I asked. They were staring at me in a weird way, making me squirm uncomfortably.

What happened? Do they not celebrate Christmas? But last night they---

“MERRY CHRISTMAS, JAE MI!” Eunhyuk suddenly shouted, causing me to jump three feet.

Well, he didn’t really say Merry Christmas, it was something among the lines of Mellie Chriss-masoo, but considering how this is in Korea, yeah.

“Merry Christmas to you too!” I exclaimed, embracing my brother tightly.

“I have a present for you,” he grinned and the rest of them frowned.

We have a present for you,” Donghae corrected as Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, but they both broke into grins.

“I have presents for you guys too! Just wait here,” I said, and ran avidly into Eunhyuk’s room and pulled out a huge box from hidden behind my suitcase.

They all watched with surprise as I dragged the huge brown box onto the marble kitchen floor and took out 13 perfectly wrapped gift boxes.

Their eyes widened even more upon seeing the fancy gold, red, and green wrapping paper along with the cute decorations I put on them.

Each of the boxes was decorated with stickers of their faces. It’s not hard to find merchandise of them, so I just simply stuck a few stickers and taped a hand written message to each box.

It’s the least I could do for them after they so generously accepted me into their dorm, sister or not.

“I’ll give you guys in age order, since I know some of you,” I fake-glared at Eunhyuk, “will start whining about favoritism.”

“Yah!’ Eunhyuk pouted and Donghae tackled him down.

“Hyung, shut up, at least she’s giving you a present!”

Eunhyuk looked as if he was going to say more but caught himself and pouted.

 

Leeteuk smiled his deep dimpled grin when he saw my box for him. My heart pumping, I returned his friendliness and looked on to see whether he likes his gift.

It was rather hard finding a present for all of them, because I barely knew them when I bought the presents. I can’t say I do now but in my head I could guess their reactions. But judging from my research on the Internet, and countless information from Jessie, I had managed to get them as ideal gifts as possible to show my sincerity.

Soon the wrappers fluttered down onto the floor and Leeteuk screamed in joy.

“WHITE!” he threw on the white jacket I bought him and immediately stood up, striding around showing off his new jacket.

I had heard he liked white, and don’t fans call him…Angel or something?

He smiled widely and suffocated me in a hug.

“Alright, alright, time to break it up,” Eunhyuk grumbled in jealousy, pulling Leeteuk away. Leeteuk sat down on the sofa, satisfied, embracing his new jacket.

http://superjuniorstuff.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/undws-36-copy.jpg

Seeing how Leeteuk is done opening his, I threw Heechul his and he screamed like a child before he even opened it.

“Look at me! I’m so beautiful,” he sighed adoringly, gazing with glassy eyes at the stickers of him on the box.

“And look! SoHee is on here too! And cats! Oh my gosh!” he squealed and carefully ripped off the tape on the box.

Well…since we started off on awkward terms, I didn’t feel comfortable buying him clothing, so…a mirror it is. It isn’t the fanciest mirror but it was, well, clear, and he smiled happily at his reflection.

I paused momentarily to think about who comes next in age. I’m still not full-on confident with their facts and could barely remember the oldest and youngest members.

They all looked at me in anticipation.

 

“I...uh…who’s the third oldest here?” I blushed furiously. I didn’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings but it was a must. I mean, it must hurt more if you’re mistaken for an older age.

They all looked at me for a moment and burst into laughter.

“Y-yesung hyung,” Ryeowook mustered while collapsing onto Donghae in laughter.

“Oh? Really?” I accidentally blurted out my thoughts and they all looked at me.

“Who did you think it was?” Kyuhyun smirked.

I rolled my eyes. “I’m not gonna dig my own grave.”

“Are you sure?” his eyes twinkled with evil.

“Yeah, of course I won’t say anything about the third oldest being Siw-”

I caught myself before I could say the second syllable of his name but it was too late.

“Siwon?!” Heechul erupted and clapped his hands in pure joy. I was too scared to peek at Siwon so I kept my eyes on my locked hands.

Everybody was still celebrating, knowing that they don’t look older than they are. I stood up and looked around-still avoiding Siwon- and searched for Kyuhyun.

I finally found him in a corner, smirking.

“Dug your own grave, you did.” He commented casually and I fumed.

“YAH! Y-you…!” I was at a loss of words.

“I didn’t mean it as in he looks old,” I finally protested, glaring at Kyuhyun.

“Tell him that,” he laughed and pushed me in the direction of Siwon’s lonely shadow.

“B-but, what if he hates me?” I stammered, protesting against his strong arms.

“He doesn’t hate people for long.” Kyuhyun stated.

“For long! That means he hates me right now!”

“Aish, you talk too much! Just go say Sorry.”

“Come with me!” I demanded.

 

He sighed and I grabbed his elbow and pulled towards Siwon’s figure on the couch.

Just as I opened my mouth, Yesung stopped short.

“Guys! I didn’t get my present yet,” he commanded and everyone sat down.

“Merry Christmas,” I forced a smile, trying to hide my worrying about Siwon.

With newfound enthusiasm he tore off the wrapping paper and his eyes widened in surprise.

He screamed with joy.

“A turtle!”

The rest of Super Junior echoed in unison, “A turtle…”

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lom4phayaN1qhwguzo1_500.jpg

 

It was a turtle I had bought and secretly kept in Eunhyuk’s bathroom. It’s about the size of my fist and has beautiful markings on his shell. It’s not a wonder how the turtle stayed alive for so long in Yesung’s gift box, I simply poked barely noticeable holes and gave it enough water in its glass case.

“Where did you keep this guy?” Yesung asked in wonder.

“In Eunhyuk’s bathtub.” I smiled.

“Is that why I had to shower with Donghae this week? You said it was because of sewer problems!” Eunhyuk stood up.

“You didn’t actually want to shower with me?” Donghae looked up, hurt.

“N-no! I meant, if the turtle wasn’t in the tub we could’ve bathed there instead! My bathtub is bigger.” Eunhyuk smiled sheepishly and Donghae grinned, satisfied.

This time, instead of asking, I looked around to see who had the most anticipation on their face. Everybody looked happy (I jumped over Siwon), but Shindong looked extraordinarily excited. Smiling in achievement, I grabbed the bag I prepared for him and he grinned.

When he pulled out the stuffed bear his grin never faltered.

“It reminds me of you. When you’re alone, check its back.”

I had hidden a few bars of chocolate behind the bear, and a whole bunch of Korean candy that looks simply amazing from their revealing wrappers.

“Sungmin oppa!” I smiled widely and stood up to give him his gift with two hands. He had been extremely nice to me in an unobvious way, always silently taking care of me.

Sungmin gave me a big hug and everybody else groaned.

“Sungmin, did you give her a massage or something? Why does she like you so much?” Yesung pouted, returning from putting his new turtle into a tank.

“She’s my apprentice!”

“Apprentice in what? Being pink?” Heechul laughed.

“I’m training to become a pumpkin.” I corrected, and handed Sungmin his gift.

Sungmin slowly and carefully disconnected the strips of tape and slid the box out gently. I could see Eunhyuk was getting impatient, seeing as how he’s next, but I didn’t want to hurry Sungmin. He placed the perfectly smooth wrapper and the strips of tape on the table and used his finger to chisel open the box.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7tmcqo0x61qcfueqo1_400.jpg

“Bunny ears?” Eunhyuk piped up first, happy that I didn’t get him anything else.

“Thanks, Jae Mi!” Sungmin smiled widely.

“There’s more…” I gestured towards the box. He dug his hand deeper, and pulled out…

A nightgown.

A pink frilly nightgown.

Again, the dorm burst into laughter.

Sungmin gave me a hearty hug and sat back to admire his new nightgown.

“How do you know he wears that to sleep?” Kyuhyun asked, choking on his own laughs.

“I watched Fantasy Couple,” I blushed the same coral shade as the gown.

“Apparently so,” Donghae noted proudly, grinning.

 

I knew Eunhyuk will be disappointed with his present, but I had something planned for him.

“Here you go, oppa.” I smiled and gave him a small box that’s made to hold rings.

“Why’s mine so small?” he whined.

“Just open it,” Heechul smirked, patting Eunhyuk on the small of his back.

 

He stripped the wrapper empty of the ring box and pulled out a strip of paper, like in a fortune cookie.

Be patient, young one. Your time will come.

 

We all looked at each other, suppressing our laughter. It might sound like an actual fortune but Donghae printed it out.

We had a special surprise in store for him.

I gave the next present to Donghae and watched happily as he embraced his notebook shaped like a goldfish. He requested something related to fish so I hope he’s satisfied, because not a lot of people out there sell things in the shape of a fish.

I would’ve chosen it anyways, but under Jessie’s instructions I bought Siwon an English-Korean bible. His eyes lit up joyfully and he smiled gently, increasing the amount of guilt bursting in my heart.

For Ryeowook, I did some research and bought him a graphic t-shirt and a spatula. He cooks but actually enjoys it, which is one reason he impresses me.

I also stuffed in a huge flyer for a new bubble-tea house down the street and he screamed, holding his heart.

“Hyung! Jae Mi! WE MUST GO HERE!” he danced around, ignoring everybody’s creepy stares.

 

As much as I resented him, I bought Kyuhyun a gift anyways. The newest version of Star Craft and the weird zombie killing Wii game has came in stores and I think I beat Kyuhyun to buying it. He screamed with joy and ran to his room to get his game systems.

For Zhou Mi, I tracked the stores he loved on fan forums and bought him a stack of gift cards, and for Henry, two huge boxes of mochi.

Well, to be exact, one and a half, but you can round it up to two.

I got hungry while wrapping his gift.

 

When all the gifts were given Eunhyuk pulled out a stack of Lotte World tickets.

“It’s snowing outside, so let’s go during Korean New Year,” he commented, smiling widely.

“Alright.” Leeteuk replied and left for his room.

“Whatever,” Heechul followed after Leeteuk, and Yesung silently nodded.

Our plan is forming.

“Kay, I’m going to eat.” Shindong left, dragging Sungmin behind him.

Eunhyuk looked quietly, gently nodding.

Donghae and Siwon ran after Ryeowook, asking to watch the new drama series on TV together whilst Kyuhyun paid no attention, absorbed in his new game.

Henry and Zhou Mi left for their own room, talking in speedy Chinese.

 

In five minutes time we all came out from our respective shelters, dressed differently. I had begged them to buy some bright red and green clothes.

http://cdn.kpopsanctuary.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/super-junior.jpg

 

Henry had his violin, Sungmin propped himself in front of the piano, and Kyuhyun took out his harmonica. Ryeowook stood in front of the electric keyboard and Shindong and the rest motionlessly stood, repeating the choreography in their heads.

Eunhyuk looked at us in surprise.

“So Henry’s playing the violin, Min and Ryeowook are playing the keyboard, Kyuhyun has his harmonica and they look like they’re dancing,” Eunhyuk gestured to the instrument-less members.

Everybody nodded.

“What are you going to do?”

 

I stood, frozen, all of a sudden fear and anxiety crashing over me.

What if I don’t perform well enough?
What if I make oppa disappointed?

I gulped and -What if he hates me for ruining his Christmas and ignores me and never talks to me agai-

“I’m going to sing.”

 

---

I haven't updated in a while, right? ><

Blame writer's block kekeke.

Well, here's to a Christmas that's long past. I miss Christmas already. 

I hope you all have a great New Year and thanks for supporting my story. Have a great 2012 (sorry im sorta late)~!

Hope you enjoy this chapter, although it's not a lot. Loose ends of Siwon and Jae Mi will be tied up in the next chapter. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR (AGAIN) ! <3