Only Been One Day?!

Rules Within The 'Super Dorm' [Hiatus]

 

005. Rule #4: Korean guys dance to girl groups. They cry over dramas, and own mango strawberry bubble baths. Or maybe it’s just Super Junior…

(A/N : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApX0I357csg Infinite's Amazing! )

 

I woke up to the sound of a door clicking shut. Shuffling a hand across my eyes, I waited until my pupils adjusted to the lighting.

I was lying on a soft single bed, sprawled over the top of a huge white blanket. Jumping onto my feet, I stared at the face imprinted on the blanket.

Woah, they sell Kim Heechul blankets around here?

I laughed and looked around the room.

Even if it’s your first time in this room, like me, you can easily tell whose room it is.

 

Just look around the collages and posters posted on the walls.

Kim Heechul, Kim Heechul, Kim Heechul, Kim Heechul…

 

I got dizzy looking at his bright smiles and closed my eyes for a second, falling onto the bed again.

I tried to remember how I ended up here. How long was I asleep for?

 

Since I could not recall anything, I sighed and opened the door to walk out.

“Hello? Is anyone home?”

I turned the corner of the huge long hall and eleven people stared back at me.

 

“Uh…hi!” I tried to say as brightly as I could, but my throat felt stale and dry.

The solemn expressions on their face washed off.

“Jae Mi? Are you alright?!” Ryeowook was first to jump onto his feet and put an arm over me, checking my temperature with his palm.

“Yeah, I think so, I’m just sorta dizzy.” I smiled reassuringly.

“Dizzy? Kay, let me get you to Eunhyuk hyung’s room.”

“I’ll get a bath ready.” Heechul jumped up and rushed to the washroom.

 

Wait, Heechul?

 

I smiled weakly at both of them and attempted to shuffle to the closest room. Ryeowook grabbed me by my waist and heaved me up bridal style.

“Kay, Jae Mi, don’t move. Oppa will help you, arasso?” his fingers danced across my forehead and brushed my hair out of my eyes. I looked up at him, relieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“WOW OH WOW! Mango and strawberry bubble bath! WOW! Thank you so much Heechul sunbaenim!” I shouted from the washroom door.

Huge waves of chuckles responded me.

 

All my stress and pain from my body escaped through the cloud of bubbles and I sank to the very bottom of the bathtub, leaving only my head above the water. I grinned widely at nothing in particular and inhaled the wonderful smell of mangoes and strawberries.

 

Thanks, Heechul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again I walked out of the washroom and turned down the hall in a bathrobe and a new pair of pajamas. It’s like déjà vu as everyone stared at me again, silently.

Finally I blurted out the fact that weighed my mind since this morning.

“Eunhyuk oppa is sick.”

Sungmin looked up at me and nodded, then he stood up and put an arm around my shoulders.

“Yeah, we know.”

 

They what? Then why didn’t they stop him?!

“What? Why did you not stop him? He’s not supposed to…”

I got myself all worked up and angry again.

“We had to let him go.” Shindong looked at me apologetically, sincerity carved on his face.

I slumped my head into my hands.

“But he’s sick!” I protested, my stomach lurching.

“He had a good reason for SuKiRa today.” Ryeowook’s eyes burnt into mine, wordlessly assuring me.

I felt betrayed but again, I didn’t know much.

“What? What could be worth more than his health?” I demanded and plopped myself on the dark wood floor.

“Well…” they all looked nervous.

“Mm?” I waited for their answer, my heart beating.

 

“It’s his last day on SuKiRa.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat on his bed, my head buried under a countless amount of pillows and blankets and tissues. I probably cried a river.

If only he or they told me earlier that it was his last day. Although I know nothing about him and the memories he has with SuKiRa but I could tell that it means a lot to him.

I cried more, thinking of how much pressure I put on him earlier in the morning and the more I think the more tears fell.

That’s when the bedroom door opened and I heard footsteps nearing the bed.

Surprised, I squeaked and dove deeper into the covers.

 

“Jae Mi?”

His voice triggered more sadness and shame and a new flood of tears took over.

I stuck my head out the bed and cried.

“Jae Mi, why are you crying?” he asked, oblivious to what had happened this morning.

“O-Oppa, I’m so sorry! I shouldn’t h-have stopped you from going to radio. P-please forgive me,” I sobbed and my tears soaked onto his shirt and I couldn’t stop.

 

His hands fell onto place on my head and my hair. “Jae Mi-yah, is that why you’re so sad? Don’t worry, oppa is finished radio now, oppa will be with you.”

“M-mianhe,” I kept sobbing and I felt something drop onto my face.

A tear?

I looked up and saw that Eunhyuk’s eyes had turned red. He looked down at me and smiled, then pulled me closer.

Another drop landed on my forehead but this time I didn’t react.

I just stood there, inhaling the scent of my new older brother and silently thanking the heavens for how lucky I am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Aigoo, did you really cook this all by yourself?” I stared dumbfounded at the whole table full of delicious looking food.

“Yeah, but it’s not a big deal,” Ryeowook blushed and my heart jumped.

“Aniyo, I should’ve cooked! Next time just call me, my cooking isn’t that deadly~” I offered and went to set up the table.

 

“Wanna go call the hyungs to come eat?” Ryeowook looked up as he carried out the last plate of food.

“Neh, I’ll go call them.”

 

The living room was like a disco party. The TV was on and everyone was dancing and singing to Music Bank.

Just as I was going to open my mouth and call them, they all fell silent as the intro to a bubbly pop song started.

keobi naseo shijakjocha anhae bwahtdamyeon, geudaen tudeoldaeji mara jom,

I hushed up as well as the camera panned to a pretty looking girl. “GG.”

Jujeohamyeon gihwehneun modu neoreul bikyeoga, gaseum pyeogo nawa bwara jom.

Heechul leaped up from the couch and screamed along with Pretty Girl.

“T! R! X!”

B-bring the boys out!

The girls on TV started dancing to the drum beat of the song and I walked a bit closer, unnoticed because the guys were all focusing on the performers on the TV.

 

Girl’s Generation make them feel the heat, jeon segyaga neoreul jumogae,

The chorus was extremely catchy and I felt myself singing along under my breath as the chorus came around a second time.

 

The song ended and pretty soon the guys stood up and one of the reached out to turn off the TV.

“Already their Goodbye Stage, no more dance parties before dinner,” I heard one of them say.

“WHAT? Are you kidding? There’s always the Wonder Girls! We can never miss one broadcast of Sohee on TV! Never!” I heard Heechul protest and someone else chuckle.

 

I walked into their sight of view and bowed. “Ryeowook oppa said that dinner is ready,” I smiled and they all nodded happily.

 

I sat awkwardly at dining table and watched everyone eat. I stared down shamefully at my plate of food and sighed a little bit.

Eunhyuk heard me and lifted his head.

“Why are you not eating?”

Everyone stopped and stared at me curiously. I could feel my face redden.

“N-nothing.” I mumbled quietly.

“Are you on a diet or something?” Heechul asked, completely unaware that Shindong just stole a piece of beef from his plate.

“Aniyo!” I responded, shaking my head furiously.

“Then why not? Do you not like Korean food?” Ryeowook looked at me, hurt reflecting in his eyes.

“No! No way, it’s so perfect and smells delicious!” I immediately denied that idea, and brightened as Ryeowook’s eyes lit up.

“Then why not eat?” Sungmin butted in, looking confused.

 

“It’s so good and all…but I don’t know how.” I stared shamefully at the chopsticks in front of me.

“What do you mean, you don’t know? You pick up the food with the chopsticks and you put it in your mouth. You chew and swallow and leave the rest to the digestion system,” Heechul scoffed with disbelief.

“I don’t know how to use chopsticks,” I murmured and my face flushed in red once more.

The table went silent and then someone spoke up.

“Don’t worry, I’ll teach you.” I heard someone offer in English.

Surprised, my head shot up. I haven’t heard my first language in forever.

“Hello.” Henry waved at me a little at the end of the table, smiling.

“Hi. Thank you so much!” I replied in English. The words felt heavy on my tongue since I haven’t spoken it in a real conversation in almost 24 hours.

 

“YAH! Stop rubbing the fact that I don’t know English in my face!” Heechul complained, glaring at Henry and me.

“Sorry, hyung,” Henry apologized and immediately switched to Korean.

Then Heechul lit up and he turned to me.

“I do know one phrase in English. I learned it in 2006,” he explained, looking smug.

The table groaned. “Oh, no,” I saw Leeteuk facepalm himself.

“Yes?” I asked, curious.

“You are so gorgeous!” he responded and looked proudly at me. His heavily accented voice was cute and is still comprehendible.

“Gege, you are so embarrassing,” I heard Henry mutter.

 

The dinner was more delicious than its appearance suggested but I willed myself to control the amount of food I’m eating. Instead of using the chopsticks, we came to a conclusion that I will be using a spoon for this first awkward meal.

As I finished my third serving, Eunhyuk looked up and his jaw dropped.

“Y-you… S-Shindong h-hyung…” he stuttered and pointed at my plate.

“Neh?” I tilted my head and looked at him, confused.

“You finished your third serving before Shindong hyung!” he exclaimed.

“N-neh. Wae?” I asked, looking shamelessly down at my empty plate.

 

“WHAT? SHE WHAT?!” Ryeowook jumped from his seat. Everyone’s chopsticks clanged and I blushed furiously for the second time since dinner started.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized.

“What? Why apologize? It’s like breaking the world record! That means Shindong hyung has to wash the dishes tonight!” Sungmin smiled smugly.

“Wait, gimme more food! More food!” Shindong panicked and started stuffing more rice into his mouth.

“Sorry, no more rice.” Heechul smirked and took the rest of the rice in the big bowl and stuffed it into the fridge.

 

As we all finished dinner, Shindong grumpily walked to collect our dishes.

“Aniyo, Shindong sunbaenim, i’ll wash the dishes.” I walked over to take them from him.

“Mwoh? Ani! You’re the guest and my little sister, I can’t let you do the chores.” He shook his head furiously and continued picking up dishes and utensils from the table.

“N-no, but I shouldn’t have eaten that much anyways! Just let me wash the dishes, don’t worry about it.” I assured him.

He still refused.

“Please oppa?” I asked as cutely as I could and he looked at me and deflated.

“Fine, but if there’s anything you need help with just call oppa, arasso?” he stocked the dishes into the sink and gave me a one-armed hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took me forever to finish the dishes. I wasn’t in the best of moods but I felt glad that I could actually help out around the dorm instead of just laying around being a lazyass and all.

“Oppa, I’m going to bed earlier,” I shouted at the bunch of them in front of the TV, this time fanboying over a drama.

“No! Don’t leave!” he shouted back.

What?

“But I need to sleep, my jet lag hasn’t passed yet,” I explained.

“Don’t lie! He loves you!” I heard Ryeowook sob from the living room as well.

“I’m not lying!” I protested.

“WE CAN ALL SEE THROUGH YOU, YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE!” this time it was Heechul’s voice, all depressed and emotional.

“Uhm?” I was speechless.

 

“WHY? Why do you have to die? You shouldn’t have believed him! No! Hye Sun, my love~!” they all wailed in unison.

“Hye Sun? My name is Jae…oh.” I chuckled at my own stupidity.

Of course, they were talking to the TV. How immature of them…er, me.

 

I walked into Eunhyuk’s room and the lights.

“WAH!” I jumped when I saw a figure on the bed jump as well.

“K-kyuhyun sunbaenim! What are you doing here?” I stumbled on my words as he lifted his head from his computer.

 

“Oh, sorry, did I scare you?” he asked, never once letting his eyes drift from the screen.

“Er, sort of. Why are you…?” I asked again.

“The hyungs are getting soapy over dramas again. Hyukkie hyung’s room is the furthest away from all those dying and crying and lying people, so yeah. I need my daily dose of games.”

“What are you playing anyways? Call of Duty?” I asked, jumping on the bed beside him, peering at the unfamiliar computer game.

“Call of Duty? That’s so lame, I finished it already.” He smirked and continued smashing his keyboard.

I rolled my eyes. “Then what are you playing?”

 

“Star Craft.” He replied, and smashed a fist into the keyboard again.

“What’s with this guy and games,” I mumbled to myself and went into the washroom to wash up.

 

When I came out he was gone, but he left his computer on the bed. Laughing, I took out my phone and decided to call Jessilyn again.

“Hello?” I heard someone reply snoozily.

“Jessie? Were you asleep? Ohmygosh, I’m sorry!” I replied immediately.

“Yeah, but no biggie. So, how’s life?” she asked, all of a sudden more awake.

 

“It’s actually pretty good! I actually had a fight with oppa because he was sick but he wanted to go do radio anyways. Then I sorta ran away and Heechul helped me get home. I made up with oppa and all and now I’m gonna go to sleep but evil Kyuhyun left his computer in oppa’s room.” I sighed and rolled my eyes at the computer, but still felt happy. After summarizing everything that happened today, I realized that it was quite an eventful first day in Seoul.

 

“Wait, wait, wait a second. Back track that. Heechul? Evil Kyu?” she asked suspiciously.

“Yeah, Kim Heechul? And Kyuhyun? Do you know them?”

 

“DO I EVER! OH GOSH JAMIE YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE LIVING WITH SUPER JUNIOR!” she screamed into the phone.

Wincing, I extended my arm and held the phone a little further from my ear.

I can’t believe I forgot to tell her. They all act so crazy and normal at the same time that I absolutely forgot to leave time and fully acknowledge the fact that they’re idols.

“Well, I don’t know much about them, so I can’t really fangirl.” I shrugged.

“KAY, DO ME A FAVOR, WILL YOU?”

“If you do me a favor and quiet down, yeah.” I laughed.

“I’m sorry! I’ll try and tame my fangirl self!”

“Don’t worry, I sorta get where you’re coming from,” I chuckled at my friend’s silliness.

“So, what’s your favor?” I asked.

 

“Get me Kyuhyun’s autograph!!” she shouted excitedly.

“Uhm, that shouldn’t be hard. Jessie, I have to go now, call you soon!”

“OKAY, BYE! OH GOSH I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU’RE LIVING WITH SUPER JUNIOR!”

“Yeah. Just promise not to tell other people, okay?”

“No problem. Bye Jamie!”

 

-Narrator POV-

Outside the bedroom door, Kyuhyun smirked.

Aww, little sister’s friend wants my autograph.

He turned and looked to see if any of the hyungs were returning from the living room to catch him eavesdropping.

No sound of footsteps, but an awful amount of wailing. Thank god the walls are soundproof.

 

“No, no, no, no, no!” he heard Sungmin cry.

Minnie hyung sure likes Gee.

 

“HE’S TROUBLE, TROUBLE, TROUBLE! SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT~”

I think Heechul hyung is overdosing on girl groups…

 

“You better run, run, run, run, run!” Yesung joined in, chanting breathlessly.

Wow, Yesung is a big fan of Run Devil Run.

 

 “OH, oh, oh, oh! Say OPPA SARANGHAE!” Eunhyuk screamed uncontrollably, hopefully at the TV.

 

Is this the karma to having SNSD as their labelmates?

He groaned and turned his attention back to Jae Mi’s conversation.

 

“Uhm, that shouldn’t be hard.” Kyuhyun heard Jae Mi reply.

Shouldn’t be hard? He thought in disbelief.

A smirk crossed his face.

Yeah, I’ll show you what hard is, lil’ sister. He rubbed his hands excitedly, thinking up how to play this little game with his sister.

 

No wonder they call him Evil Kyu.

~~~~

AIGOO~ this chapter is dedicated to DJs Eunhyuk and Leeteuk. Five years of Kissing The Radio, now you're leaving~ good memories will stay!

And good luck to Sungmin and Ryeowook, the DJs taking over! <3

Thanks to all 17 subscribers, thank you so much for taking interest in my story, i hope you enjoy and comment your thoughts . (:

The next chapter will be Jae Mi's birthday (well mainly cuz it's my own hahah)

BUT she'll still be younger than Henry (since they're both "22" in Korean age now ^^') i hope things dont get confusing 

yeyaya i should shut up now . thank you again~! <3

P.S. does anyone want SNSD/SHINee/f(x) appearances?